Dispenser machine

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by ZangooseSlash, Jan 26, 2013.

1. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

A dispenser machine would work kind of like a chest. You can put anything you'd like in there, and you can select an amount of money that would charge any other players taking from it. This would really aid organized trade. You can pay when taking an item in two ways- money, or items. The machine would find out how much money the item is worth selling. You can go over the required payment with money or items, if you'd like to leave the guy a tip.

2. Eccentric

Eccentric Pangalactic Porcupine

We need a dispenser here!

3. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

Dispensers should definitely be in this game.

4. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

Ohhoh, that is good one, accept that we got walking dispenser that would go with it nicer. We are getting robot pets why not a dispenser as your walking pet as your time being.

Zangoose likes this.
  5. ShotgunWizard

ShotgunWizard Orbital Explorer

It would be awesome if it was styled after a vending machine of some kind. I'm not sure how it would make sense from a single player point of view, but it might be cool for player run shops in multiplayer.

6. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

that would be over mass-production you know that, they could sold like example biggest troll right there
    A player could sell a walking vending machine that sell another vending machine, to the other vending machine, then other other in that vending machine is fill with vending machine and after that its full vending machine because its selling itself vending machine which its most confusing point would get player mad cuz each of they bought 1, could or let them discover they have 14k of vending machine in one machine....which I sense a troll there.

ShotgunWizard and Zangoose like this.
  7. ShotgunWizard

ShotgunWizard Orbital Explorer

I just love the idea of an old 80s-90s vending machine filled with swords, hammers and assault rifles.

8. Reminds me of Borderlands.

9. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Currency-operated vending machines! The first sign of good cultural development in any burgeoning society.

I approve!

pitfall likes this.
  10. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

Yes we'd definitely need dispensers, and different types would be cool as well. I'd love making a Starbound shop on my 'to be coming' server.

11. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

A dispenser that allows player-shops would be quite entertaining, and a fun addition.
    It would be interesting to see how the server economies ended up after awhile...

12. ZangooseSlash

I would use the machines to primarily sell weapons and pets.

13. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Just don't make it like Animal crossing and gyros. LOL I PUT THIS APPLE IN HERE FOR SELL FOR ABOUT 100000 BELLS LOLOL

Kalvuric likes this.
  14. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

Fantastic idea, we could also have several themed ones and such.
    But they would have to be made so that only the player who placed the box can remove it, or that it can't be removed until the price is paid.

15. ZangooseSlash

Different themes would be cool.

16. ZangooseSlash

17. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

Aw yeah, but I think it's more appropriate for consumables like ammo, food, and medical kits.
    Don't wanna see weapon parts sales there, NPC's got you covered.

18. pitfall

pitfall Big Damn Hero

NPC's don't sell everything. This could be a nice way to sell rare items that can't be obtained at regular shops.

Zangoose likes this.
  19. iCountBlocks

iCountBlocks Orbital Explorer

I agree, though if there are rare pieces NPC's don't sell, I'd like to be able to see them in there.

20. Kalvuric

Kalvuric Big Damn Hero

I think I prefer barter system to currency. I don't know about you, but I've always ended up with too much money in multiplayer RPGs such as Borderlands. The only exceptions I can think of are some of the Tales series and Dragon Quest series, where stuff is absurdly expensive and there's no overarching economy or trade to speak of. The dispenser/vendor idea is pretty good, long as the price is standardized by the game/server. Too many online games now where players sell stuff in asinine ways, such as a common easy-to-obtain item being sold for ludicrous prices, or things like ammunition or other stackable items being sold one at a time. :facepalm: