Devourer of worlds

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Drago479, Jul 30, 2013.

?

Do you want to kill eater right now?

1. Yes, stand up for the universe

52.2%
  2. No, we have no chance

8.7%
  3. Bad idea. I will not anger the gods

39.1%
  1. Drago479

Drago479 Intergalactic Tourist

In the Marvel character Galactus was well with the silver surfer. I propose to create a living planet that naravitsya we eat. Made of flesh and blood (new ore). Inhabit the world of children mobs. For a place of water stomach acid (for a spot of lava), and of the blood or saliva (instead of water). The planet itself is the boss. Therefore, hour to hour mobs becomes more and at the same time they change the size of the force. In order to conquer printsepe we will need to probratsya sericite planet and cause a heart attack ...

In general, this new planet, but it can be attributed to the point boss. Here's a hybrid.
    I will try to sketch, but not now

2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I thought you meant like The Destroyer or Eater of Worldz from Terraria :lolwut:

But a planet boss...hm, might be a little hard to code, so maybe a mod of this? (There's going to be so many mods when Starbound releases...)

OneOnlyDan likes this.
  4. Drago479

Not terrarium toys. Garbage. This does not necessarily leave the game, it may be complementary. At least it's a sharp turn to the planets. Simply put if it will start to introduce one more month, and we have to play hunt. But the idea is good in terms of variety for bosses, weapons, monsters. Cherry.:raccoon:

5. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, I guess it's a pretty unique boss for a game like this. I'm sure though that there's going to be a mod with all the tons of bosses that didn't make it into the game, I'm sure of it. So like I tell everyone else about there boss ideas, do not fret about it ;)

6. Drago479

not bad:redpanda:

Core likes this.
  7. Rajotazo

Rajotazo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not gonna lie, not gonna lie....

That font size is really making me want to beat you over the head with a frosted pengueen attached to a stick.

8. Drago479

forgive

9. Facethelight

Facethelight Existential Complex

As i usually say, lets no copy and paste games into ours. Also, marvel stuff and silver surfer related etc, all that was shit anyways.

10. Fast_Eddie_2

Fast_Eddie_2 Star Wrangler

A planet-boss is a nice idea for an endgame level challenge. Even just a planet that's "alive" and actively tries to kill whatever is walking on it would be pretty cool.

xLyraHeartstringsx likes this.
  11. Drago479

I'm sorry my friend. I do mean just the boss in the form of the planet. I do not mean surfer .. it is just an example.Cosmic bosses did not exist. I did not see them. This size or this level.

Yeah yeah yeah ... I have a horriblŠµ English .. I'm sorry ..

12. Fawxkitteh

Fawxkitteh Phantasmal Quasar

There appears to be a tentacle-like environment in both game images around, and on the media page. I think living environments are considered.

Fast_Eddie_2 likes this.
  13. Ceane

Ceane Void-Bound Voyager

Right now I'm imagining a combination of Unicron from the old Transformers and Ego the Living Planet in the Thor comics.

14. GostTheGhost

GostTheGhost Void-Bound Voyager

The planet could be a big dougoen that has a wall of flesh thing pushing you deeper and deeper and when you get to the middle you fight a boss that's I donno it's heart? And when you kill it you can loot a big room of treasure and has minions and obsticals in your way that you have to blast through

15. Desolator

Desolator Pangalactic Porcupine

Amen!:up:
    Also if the planet is a boss, it would probably be a mob.
    NEW AND ORIGINAL IS ALWAYS BETTER

16. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

Would b fun to dig into the boss's surface, encountering very different layers as you progress. On the surface, you have the boss's skin, infested with parasites that are as big to it as the parasites on our skin are to us. Which means that they're generally about the size of a human. Digging into the boss's skin, you'll find a layer of dead cells protecting it, with mobs much like those on the surface. Further down you find pinkish cells laced with veins, live skin cells, as you break these blocks, enemies acting like white blood cells flow out of the walls to attack you from any angle, and other mobs such as hardened parasites further the variety. Even deeper, your hole that you dug starts bleeding, filling with blood from tiny capillaries that would eventually harden into blood blocks. You'll need a watersuit to continue further. Deeper down, you'll encounter a vein filled with extremely fast-moving blood that will wash you away deeper into the planet if you're not careful. Here you can choose to continue down the vein/artery, being washed away to eventually die or be excreted as waste, caught by the kidneys or liver. Or you can block off any veins/arteries you find and just dig your way down, both will send you through the same general areas of bone, various organs, and at each one you can puzzle out a way to kill the boss planet, poisoning it through the blood, flooding its blood with intestinal fluid, severing vital areas of the spinal column, breaking it's heart by hacking away at it, causing a pulmonary embolism, or any of the other ways that something tiny can kill something much, much larger than it.
    Welp, that's my creepy two cents on how I would kill a boss planet. I would take my little knowledge of health and pathology and apply it on a much, much larger scale.

17. Drago479

Right thought my friend! I could not have said it better!

18. GostTheGhost

GostTheGhost Void-Bound Voyager

Now I hope something like that is in the game WOO

19. Desolator

Desolator Pangalactic Porcupine

Thats actually kinda disturbing in a creepy way, no offence of course! Unless I'm not mistaken, something like this was already posted somewhere else on the forums.

20. Rajotazo

Rajotazo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The idea itself is great. The problem would be the massive amount of coding the devs would have to do to get it working. The most you can do is possibly set up a planet where some sort of tentacle or tendril comes after you and tries to kill you no matter where you are, and make a great dungeon in the place of the planet's core that's maybe the center of all these tentacles. (I don't know about the big dungeon, but the tentacle planet already takes the tentacles coming to kill you all the time function, I think.)

P.S. A TITANIC, MASSIVE, CLUMPING DEATH PILE OF CODING.

P.P.S. You know how I'd kill a boss planet? Orbital Bombardment.