1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Despite port forwarding, friend can't join

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by tungdil, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tungdil

tungdil Tentacle Wrangler

Spitfire helped me already in the irc channel but my friend still gets the error message. (He told me to post this here)
    We both can join other servers and i opened the port 21025. I can join my server with my localhost ip and the ip i sent to my friend

Here is the error message he gets:
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance :)
    PS: The game is great ;)

2. Kietsu

Kietsu Aquatic Astronaut

Make sure you didn't give him your LAN IP - if it starts with '192.' or '127.', you're using the wrong one.

tungdil likes this.
  3. tungdil

Ok, my other friend is able to join... weird

4. ASANGO

ASANGO Poptop Tamer

I wrote it per hand and it tried to connect, but if I copy and paste from Skype it is error. Maybe because of the special 'qoutation'-format of Skype (see the picture). But it still can't connect (see other picture). Firt problem solved :DD!!! But how can I solve the 'failed connection' problem?
    Starbound.jpg
    Starbound 2.jpg

Brainsucking metroid attacks my Dovahkiin hunting a creeper while riding certified Dr. Zoidberg:

:metroid:
    :fusrodah: *FUS* :ssssssssss:
    :whoop::paper: *whoopwhoopwhoop*

I love smily!

5. tungdil

It works now :p, maybe because of the update.

6. Shivelamouse

Shivelamouse Space Hobo

I'd also like to point out if you have difficulties with port forwarding, you can try using a VPN such as Tunngle to connect. It works quite nicely if you just want to play with your friends.

tungdil likes this.
  7. tungdil

Are there any advantages of this over using the server.ex (except not no port forwarding), like stability or speed ?

8. backeby

backeby Big Damn Hero

For other users with the same problem, don't forget the Windows Firewall, it can be a problem sometimes. The port might need opening there as well!

9. tungdil

It works now but thanks anyway ;).

10. Shivelamouse

Shivelamouse Space Hobo

Well it was definitely more stable on day 1 since the servers were so swamped when we tried to play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.