Custom Machines And Ships

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by Dunham18, Apr 3, 2013.

?

Do you like the ideas

1. The First one

6.9%
  2. The Second one

17.2%
  3. Both

69.0%
  4. None

6.9%
  1. Dunham18

Dunham18 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

(post emptied)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  2. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

It'd be pretty cool if a vehicle building system was implemented, there was a thread that asked if anyone would bother to learn even if it was complicated and pretty much everyone voted yes so I hope they at least consider adding it post-release. Also Machine Building Room is kind of a bad name, why not just Workshop to keep it simple? Or Robotics Lab or something.

FrozenFlame likes this.
  3. Dunham18

Not a bad idea kuro i just started spitting names out and thanks for taking you time reading the post!

4. Dunham18

Guys i have more ideas if you want me to share them tell me when i will come back

5. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

You might as well make the threads as long as they haven't been made before.

6. Dunham18

7. Thorden

Thorden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmmm... I like that you might be able to customize your ship to a certain degree, and a workshop? Awesome!;) We know that the parts of creatures will be randomly generated, so maybe we could have a selection of different parts and equipment divided in categories, and then you could build different vehicles. First you would decide vehicle type, then how it would move, the cockpit, weapons and different upgrades and add-ons. Hovertank with laser cannon? Missile mech? Yes please!

8. The Thing

The Thing Existential Complex

If the differents mech get a system of part and behavior (read that as motion method and moving parts) like that of the monster generator, then yes this should be rather easy to implement altough it would take quite a lot of time to give a good amount of choice for parts.
    I have to say I would really love to see battles of mech and fighter jet or whatever it strike you fancy to ride in a battle.

9. Dunham18

Anyone want to see this post

10. r9310

r9310 Astral Cartographer

if you have customizable ships i want LOTS of options :D i don't want the skyrim/fallout style of buying a pre-made ship room or something :p otherwise i will just have to make some obnoxious fort/castle/mansion on some random planet with some crazy layout that just makes me mad when i cant find my items :3

11. Dunham18

Something extra to not bore you Im too cool for pants!:iswydt:

12. Dunham18

13. Thorden

Thorden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please don't try to BUMP (Bring Up My Page) your post... It's only annoying... Just... Stop, please? :down:

14. Gentleraptor

Gentleraptor Pangalactic Porcupine

Building your own mechs would be great. However, that should apply to your ship as well I think.

Having predefined upgrades is good and all, but one should be able to design it themselves if they so desire.

15. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

I think that a player's ship should simply be a house with engines attached for the most part. You build it out of blocks like everything else, with a few requirements, such as airlocks if you plan on leaving while in space. Not to mention an engine (Which is slower if your ship is big and your engine(s) small.) radiation shielding, energy generators, course computers, cryostasis, life support, food generators/farms if you're on a long journey, cargo holds, weapons (In case of in-space battles, which would be AWESOME!, or defense once it touches town on the evil world that makes C'thulhu weep in fear.)
    The point is you build it out of blocks, so you can make it however you like, as long as it has the required items for the journey you're trying to make. Would be nice for differentiation, too. If you have to get to another planet in your system fast because an evil race of aliens attacks, you'll have to take your speeder (where 70% of its mass is engine) to get there. But you want an interstellar voyage, you're going to have to take a lot of stuff with you, which means that it's slow, but has endurance (and looks cooler). so you're probably going to want several ships for different purposes in between those two. Perhaps robots might be able to switch out parts for the ship you need at the press of a button.

16. Dunham18

sure you can design it yourself

17. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

I think it would be cool if you could find parts around the world and build a machine any way you want, like if you want a foot on a head or a head on a foot.
    I think that would be really cool.

18. Dunham18

Sure that is pretty much the plot finding dem parts

19. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

Hmm. . . If ships were houses with engines attatched, could medium to large ground vehicles be the same way? Blocks with legs/wheels/tank treads/hoverengines attatched? I don't think that would be very difficult to put in and -- more importantly -- use and construct your own stuff with.
    What about smaller one-man mechs? Could they be a placeable chassis, with hardpoints for legs/treads or different hardpoints for graspers/manipulators/giant frickin' lazorbeams? If this was taken, the challenge would be to make chassises that could be used as and look good with a variety of different means of propulsion and manipulators.
    Now, i'm not sure what's been planned, because I generally use forums for vomiting out a variety of thoughts with minimal research, but that's my current brain-vomit here.

20. Dunham18

hehe sure smaller robots fit in smaller places right