1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Crash upon opening Ship Locker

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by malSet, Dec 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malSet

malSet Big Damn Hero

So, I'm starting up completely new save files in the unstable, and my game crashes whenever I open the ship locker.

I'm on Windows, and have already deleted all the usual stuff (player, universe, and mods folders, as well as the starbound.config). No dice. I've even tried redownloading the assets file.

Since the forum doesn't want to let me post my entire log file, here's the last few lines. (With timestamps removed because the forum seems to think they're urls. :facepalm:)
    Code:
    Info: UniverseServer: Shutting down world CelestialWorld:114928082:943810344:-227154716:6:3 due to inactivity
    Error: Access violation detected at 0x54524554 (Read of address 0x54524554)
    Error: Stack Trace...
      SignalHandlerImpl::sehTrampoline()
      _register_frame_ctor

I've done some experimentation with this as well. First off, the OpenGL version doesn't seem to have this issue. (It does have the issue of running really slowly on my laptop, so I'd prefer not to use that version.) Secondly, it appears to be timed. If I open the ship locker, and then close it immediately, I don't crash. Only having the ship locker open causes for more than a few seconds causes it to crash. Thirdly, the presence of items inside the locker doesn't matter. I've removed the starting items using the OpenGL version, then opened the ship locker in the regular version. Still crashes.

Another interesting thing is that the issue appears to be specifically tied to the ship locker. Opening any chests on the surface of the planet I'm on doesn't cause the game to crash, no matter what version.

EDIT: A solution! Setting the executables (starbound.exe, starbound_opengl.exe, and launcher.exe) to Windows 7 compatibility mode and running them as admin somehow prevents the crash from happening! Hooray! :DD

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

You'll need to post the full log when this happens; I'm not seeing enough info here to really know what's going on. I've bumped up your post count so you should be able to post your log (please use the spoiler tags) without triggering the spam detection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.