1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Crash on Load (WinXPSP3)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by BlightFight, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlightFight

BlightFight Big Damn Hero

Hello Hello,I'm having trouble getting the game to work. Formerly, the game worked fine on the unstable, but everything when the fire nation attacked update to unstable and then the update to stable happened.

I'm getting memory errors when launching Starbound. Normally, I'd chalk it up to the computer being old, but I can run much more intensive games just fine without any such error. Yeah, I've read tat thread and killed ever non-essential process to XP, and I'm still getting these errors.

I've wiped the game twice today, once when I first encountered this bug (The update to unstable today) and again once the stable was out. I've tried launching outside of Steam, and launching directly form the executables. No go on all four tries.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Delete your packed.pak and re-download. Something seems to have gotten corrupted.

3. BlightFight

Huh, that seems to have worked. Thanks!

4. Hausmeierkarl

Hausmeierkarl Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry to hijack this thread. I also have crashes on Loading with Win XP SP3. Both on the DX and OpenGL version.
    I get a Access violation and Visual C++ Runtime error with both. Then a StackTrace error that looks like this.

Stack Trace...
    SignalHandlerImpl::sehTrampoline()

I think I have every required Net Framework and Runtime installed. I tried to start the game through the launcher and directly with the .exe files. But had no luck getting it to work.
    Where exactly do I find the starboundlog ? Edit: Uploaded my starbound.log . Added an alternative log since the errors seem to vary every time I start.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  5. BlightFight

Alrighty, booted it up eager to play SB when I had time to, and guess what?

That's right, it crashed. Same error, different location. I think that the game must somehow be corrupting these files itself. I'm going to try redownloading the .pak again to confirm, but I really shouldn't have to keep doing that every time I want to play.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.