Combining creatures

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Speno1, May 24, 2012.

?

Combining creatures and releasing them or kepping them???

1. Yes!!!

70.3%
  2. No, I am a total noob

13.5%
  3. I can't read

16.2%
  1. Speno1

Speno1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just have an idea that you could combine two - four creatures and create your own unique creautre (obviously preset though) Sometimes the same combination wouldn't give you the same creature, but eventually it would. You could sometimes create really rare creatures and keep them at your home planet or release two into the wild to add that species to the planet you released them on. Seeing your creature that you made every now and then in the wild would give you a thrill, especially when it befriends you (because you created it) or sometimes attacks you (50/50 chance). Sometimes combining creatures would make a 'mistake'... No need to elaborate on that. Perhaps you may make a creature pregnant with your creation, this would make it more realistic. Also combining creatures would be moderately expensive.

Sorry about spelling mistake in poll, I meant *keeping*.

stebe, flippitydip, Noc and 1 other person like this.
  2. Speno1

Please post any ideas.

3. usnavy5

usnavy5 Void-Bound Voyager

Slave animals who will fight or mine for you.

4. kablump

kablump Industrial Terraformer

Ability to marry said animal

5. civengine

civengine Big Damn Hero

I would like an aviapopquenraptor

6. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

:eek: uhh... What is that exactly?

7. civengine

civengine Big Damn Hero

An avian + a poptop + a penguin + a Tri-Raptor.

8. Shahab

Shahab Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yes yes

9. Sensational

Sensational Phantasmal Quasar

It should be more like, the animals have pregnancy, and then they spawn a combined creature, however, with combining, it would take longer.

10. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Maybe something like alien, a parasite (just an example) that uses other creatures genetic material to evolve.

Connor McNew likes this.
  11. Sensational

That's too sci-fi!

Combining creatures through machines or with normal pregnancy would be just fine! :p.

12. LightHoof

LightHoof Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, exactly , the most needed thing are Zerg )

13. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

That would be very interesting. :DD

14. Speno1

I like that idea. I have added it to the main post

15. Run Juan Run

Run Juan Run Big Damn Hero

could you put a dead body in there with a wolf.... OH GOD ZOMBIE WOLFMAN!

16. Sensational

That would be human, dead body + wolf for wolfman!

17. SkeithRei

SkeithRei Subatomic Cosmonaut

Too sci-fi? You realize a lot of this game has to do with space travel... Anywho, I like this idea :D

18. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

Well, for the sake of just subjective taste I'd prefer some sort of genetic recombinator machine more than the parasite. Especially as parasite suggests more complex system for the sake of the same effect.

In generally though, I am ambivalent toward the idea. For it to really not be half-arsed we'd require either a gigantic load of new sprites for possible mutations or a whole new system for managing and customizing sprites so they'd allow sprites made out of different, nicely-fitting and smoothly moving during animation elements. It could very much be - depending on how hard it would be to implement said things - additional months of development for the sake of having some mutated penguin or some other thing. If something like that would be to be added, I'd rather have in some version far in the future after initial release so the more vital stuff gets to be put in.

Played a lot of Elona, eh?

19. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Perhaps something like the Fusion system from Monster Rancher? You get the body of one with the traits of another, and a different percent chances to get different things, which are displayed in a readout before you go through with the fusion.

(Side-note: That game was better than a lot of people give it credit for.)

Speno1 likes this.
  20. DevilForce

DevilForce Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The First thing i would combine is a bat + lizard = a night fury a.k.a Toothless.

Speno1 likes this.