Climbing walls, sliding, etc.

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by LordChickenMan, Jun 11, 2012.

?

Yay or nay?!

1. Yay! (Incredible!)

95.2%
  2. Nay! (Not incredible!)

4.8%
  1. LordChickenMan

LordChickenMan Zeromus

So I was just around the forums for a while and I thought about this "Climbing" idea for starbound and thought it was great idea I also thought of some other ideas that would be great (As I would say for myself).

Regular climbing
    Regular climbing is simple and might be seen sometimes, as in high mountains, so picture this wall as an example, at the left it has a block sticking out, and if you plan to climb it simply hold the jump button, up and right (hold jump, up and left if its the other way) this way you can climb things safely and not crushing your legs when you fall down.
    Hook gunA hook gun makes climbing more easy, point at any block and click to go flying at it. The basic gun for climbing, makes things easy and lots of fun!
    Climbing down
    Bet you sometimes jump off of things after climbing and SNAP them legs of you brake, no longer! Climbing down is as simple as "Regular climbing" (As seen on top of the thread). Did you just climb something very high? Not a good idea bro, good thing you have the climbing down ability, to climb down just stand at the edge of a block and hold down arrow.SlidingSliding is simple, imagine that there was a hole in the ground at the right and you run at it, hold down, and whoosh! you slide like a penguin! This is great for running from enemies and it works better with ice! (Pedguin I totally know you wana slide with a penguin!:p)
    Dodging (Lots of ways)So you got alot of those monsters chasing you huh man? Everyone does in these games...Everyone...So in game you can dodge enemy attacks, you can roll by pressing down, left, down, you can simply dodge by pressing left, left quickly and you can jump over by pressing left, jump, land on floor, open the door, do the dinosaur.

***Give credit to kirby64 on this part!***
    NPC's will also run away from enemies if they are close to one, but if an NPC is in the space station, the NPC will simply use technology. Basically pwning the monsters.
    ***Give credit to Kcribbin on this part!***
    Wall jumps is as simple as playing with a duck in a bath! ...but instead you go ninja on that duck! Ok so wall jumping will be jumping on a wall and you will hang on the wall for a while, and then when you press the jump button you jump to the next wall (If there is a wall there, this could be awesome for ninja escapes!) (Oh and i chicken man added this part but i want you to mostly give credit to kcribbin!) When you are about to wall jump you are to slowly slide down a bit. So hurry up and jump silly <_<.

I have planned alot on this! Please comment and feedback with the poll, also, spare a thumb! :up: (once again the part with NPC's is not my idea, all credit goes to kirby64.)

Ruzert, Phyrak, NinjaNick and 14 others like this.
  2. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Cool 0.0

LordChickenMan likes this.
  3. LordChickenMan

LordChickenMan Zeromus

Yeah thanks :D

NotAnAnon likes this.
  4. Flixfox

Flixfox Big Damn Hero

That sounds really cool chickenman!

5. LordChickenMan

LordChickenMan Zeromus

Thanks! I worked hard on suggestions like this. Spare a thumb if you would! :up:

6. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

This sounds like an AMAZING idea! Kinda reminds me of the smart moving mod for minecraft. :up:

Epicface and LordChickenMan like this.
  7. Kirby64

Kirby64 Space Kumquat

Great Idea! Will NPC's be able to Climb/slide?

8. LordChickenMan

LordChickenMan Zeromus

truuuuuuuuuue
    never thought of this...i will add it!

NotAnAnon likes this.
  9. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

That'd be cool for like a thief npc!

10. Kirby64

Kirby64 Space Kumquat

XP NINJA INVASION!

11. LordChickenMan

LordChickenMan Zeromus

Done!

NotAnAnon likes this.
  12. LordChickenMan

LordChickenMan Zeromus

I just freaking edited and now that you came up with the theif npc i kinda regret it a tiny bit...
    EDIT: I am not gonna change it though xD

NotAnAnon likes this.
  13. St Fonz

St Fonz Existential Complex

This is a really cool idea, evasive manoeuvres are always good. It would be great to see this implemented along with aerial moves for those low grav milked jumps.

14. LordChickenMan

LordChickenMan Zeromus

thanks!

NotAnAnon likes this.
  15. Kcribbin

Kcribbin Phantasmal Quasar

What about maybe....:idea: wall jumps!...or rolling had you made the mistake of jumping off a moderately high cliff? The rolling should have some limit, maybe an item is required or sumthin... and too high will still kill/hurt?

16. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Omg rolling?!?!
    [​IMG]

Epicface and LordChickenMan like this.
  17. LordChickenMan

LordChickenMan Zeromus

Hmm... wall jumps... yeeeessssss. i will add the limit about the rolling and wall jumps will have credit to you.!

NotAnAnon likes this.
  18. LordChickenMan

LordChickenMan Zeromus

I edited! You got credit! ;)

NotAnAnon likes this.
  19. Kcribbin

Kcribbin Phantasmal Quasar

20. mrmcmo

mrmcmo Pangalactic Porcupine

We must have this.
    EDIT: Oh, i just noticed it was you, chicken.