1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Can't connect after recent patch

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by SageFigaro, Dec 11, 2013.

1. SageFigaro

SageFigaro Space Spelunker

I'm using a dedicated box through jestservers. I have saved the config files after updating and I get this error when anyone tries to connect:

Info: Connection received from: <ip removed>
    Warn: UniverseServer: client connection made from <ip removed>
    Warn: Perf: UniverseServer::handleQueuedConnections.one millis: 167
    Warn: Perf: UniverseServer::handleQueuedConnections millis: 167
    Error: UniverseServer exception caught: ConfigurationException: No such configuration entry 'bcryptRounds'
    0041D824 (C:/starbound/source/game/StarConfiguration.hpp:10)
    0044D9D6 (C:/starbound/source/game/StarAccessControl.cpp:115)
    0044E593 (C:/starbound/source/game/StarAccessControl.cpp:27)
    00407DC7 (C:/starbound/source/game/StarUniverseServer.cpp:539)
    0040AF45 (C:/starbound/source/game/StarUniverseServer.cpp:106)
    00401413 (e:\p\giaw\src\pkg\mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src\bld/../mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src/src/libcrt/crt/crt1.c:254)
    76EC9F72
    76EC9F45

Warn: Perf: UniverseServer::run.innerloop millis: 422

I even reinstalled the server, reupdated it, and resaved the config files. Unsure why this is happening as it was working about an hour ago before this hotfix.

2. SageFigaro

SageFigaro Space Spelunker

Okay I got it working, so there's something amiss in the config files and it looks like we had to add a couple of things? Jest was able to figure it out I can ask him later maybe what he did to fix it exactly.

3. Drafura

Drafura Aquatic Astronaut

I am getting the exact same error message server side. The client side message is : "Join failed! No server response received". I'd like to know how you guys fix'd this.

4. Drafura

Okay I finally found out by myself what was the problem. Seems like a line was missing in my starbound.config file : ' "bcryptRounds" : 5000, '. I don't know why this line was missing but now the server works well again.

5. Poppinz

Poppinz Pangalactic Porcupine

mind telling us where that line goes?

6. Drafura

\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\starbound.config line 9