1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Cannot access Nightly version of Starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by GLARE, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLARE

GLARE Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I decided to switch Starbound to Nightly, and something strange happened. I tried accessing it from Steam, and clicked "Launch Starbound" on the window that pops up, and it came up with two separate error windows (sorry, didn't read them properly) that said it failed, and had to be terminated in an unusual way.

What is happening? I switched back to normal Starbound which is unchanged by the update that happened by switching to Nightly, and it updated again switching back, and started a new character, which confirms it's unchanged. I'm wondering though, is this happening to anyone else, and why is this happening?

2. Well, if you can grab the error screens that you got that'll go miles for someone, and yourself, helping solve this problem :)

3. most likely a keybinding issue of starbound.config, you need to delete that one when switching to Nightly but beware Nightly is broken, especially for new characters, you cannot get out of the ship after today's nightly, and yesterday nightly insta crash at the third beginning quest, they probably just made nightlmy to show off they are working but not a single test procedure is made

Qwerr likes this.
  4. @class101 I mean they did say that nightly was for an inside look at what they were doing on a day by day basis. It's not meant to be played like stable and or unstable.

5. What you say is what is true on paper but from the opinion of a player who tried stable, unstable, nightly, the last playable is unstable

6. If you want to keep discussing this in PM i'd love to, but this guy wants help with his problem, not a discussion thread, so lets sit tight and see if he'll give us more information or try what you suggested. :)

jamstronaut likes this.
  7. Getzan

Getzan Master Chief

I am not the original poster, but I believe I am having the same or a similar issue.

Error

(StarException) Could not initialize input from configuration.
    (MapException) Key 'InterfaceBar0' not found in Map::get0
    KeyBindings::updateActionsFromConfig0
    KeyBindings::KeyBindings0
    ClientApplication::ClientApplication0
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

MysticMalevolence and GLARE like this.
  8. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Delete the starbound.config in your starbound folder. And yeah, you have to delete your universe/player folder as well.

Galactic Avatar and Getzan like this.
  9. Getzan

Getzan Master Chief

Alright, I will give that a try Thank you Crystan.

Crystan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.