1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Biofuel - Starship Fuel from Wood and Plants

Discussion in 'Crafting and Building' started by Vib Rib, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Vib Rib

Vib Rib Tentacle Wrangler

By popular request, my take on a plant fuel mod!

Biofuel!
    Some people aren't happy with wood being removed as a fuel, but perhaps it's more complicated than just adding it right back in. For you who want more options, there's Biofuel!
    This mod lets you build a refinery which can turn planks, logs, and plant fiber into starship fuel. It'll take 2 logs, 8 planks (2 logs worth) or 8 plant fiber to make 1 biofuel can, which counts for 1 point of fuel. Essentially logs are viable again, but only at half efficiency. If you want more (or less), you can simply edit the included files.*

We tried to make it as nice as possible for such a little mod, so we actually added new graphics and an animated refinery, which is really just the forge with a new faceplate. The refinery itself is a bit of an investment originally, but it shouldn't take long to get, and you'll only need one before you're zipping through the cosmos on plant power!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope you guys enjoy it!
    As always, let us know if anything's broken or needs tweaking.

[​IMG]

*To do this I would recommend going into the /recipes/biofuel directory. At the top of all three recipes you'll see a quantity that defines how many are needed for 1 can. You can also change items/biofuelcan/biofuelcan.item at the bottom where it says "fuelAmount: 1" and change that to whatever you want if you just want to multiply its efficiency.

Kyrosiris likes this.
  2. Vib Rib

Vib Rib Tentacle Wrangler

Now that wood can be turned to charcoal in-game this mod will probably be discontinued.

3. DopeGhoti

DopeGhoti Orbital Explorer

I don't know; it still seems viable if you want to work with all sorts of biomatter. Such as: bone, flesh, tar, cell materia, plant fibre, and so forth.