1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

Ah, I see, so that's a special ability of yours, that nobody else has, so you feel the need to remind everybody else about the mistakes they make. So I'm guessing that you must be telling all your friends about their past mistakes every time you meet them? Must be hard to find the time to talk about anything else!

Thanks, I think! :p

I imagine multiplayer would work fine across all versions (i.e. it wouldn't require steam) but I'm not exactly a huge fan of MP... I'll have to think about it.

2. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

OMG!!!!! HAPPINESS IS POURING FROM EVERY HOLE IN MY BODY!
    image.jpg index.jpg images.jpg puke_rainbows_by_michellepatino-d4qjidw.png
    OMGOMGOMGOMGFPSBBQSOMBRERO123QWERTY \:speechless:/ *passes out*

3. sammanzhi

sammanzhi Sandwich Man

It's a forum for a specific game, what do you expect? I'd actually be more concerned if people weren't getting excited and obsessing over a game on a forum specifically designed for enthusiasts of a particular game. If I visited the forums, especially withe release being so close, and people were saying "I'd love to get excited about this game but I can wait, I've got work all this week and I'm going to be nailing my girlfriend in the meantime" then I would be extremely sad.

Personally, I like that discussion and hype is heating up. Gets me in the excited mindset instead of the lull of waiting for games to come out. I've got work, and a wedding to worry about next year. They take up 75% of my time. Starbound anticipation is a nice distraction from that noise.

If people are disappointed, despite constantly monitoring the one place where information is divulged daily on this game, then they probably have bigger problems than video games.

"Dear Diary, I pooped in the sink again. I really have to stop doing that."

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    PlayMp1, Darklight and cyberspyXD like this.
  4. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

I see it has started. Cheers everyone.

Pingeh likes this.
  5. Seriously, I'm deployed right now. Outside of work and VoIPin' my lady way early and way late in the day ain't much to be doin' except studying something, going to the gym, or checking on Starbound.

sammanzhi likes this.
  6. Calris

What has started?

You apparently want a free pass to keep complaining about anything and everything that you perceive to be wrong with Chucklefish. You've been complaining incessantly about the same tired issues for months. We've heard it all before, and I for one don't want to keep hearing it.

If you've got a legitimate complaint, I'll defend your right to post it. Once. But I will not accept that you have a mandate to fill the forum with post after post whinging about the same old stuff over and over and over again.

PlayMp1 and Jbeetle like this.
  7. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

If you seriously cannot see any irony in what your posting its fine by me. Fun fact. Criticizing is not complaining chuckle is not your god etc.

8. jibbi

jibbi Title Not Found

so steam seems to be the bottleneck.
    is there something like a queue for new games released on the steam plattform?
    would be interesting to know the mechanisms behind this program of sheer enjoyment :whoop:

9. Calris

I know criticism isn't complaining. Are you saying that what you will be doing in future will actually be criticism, as opposed to what you have been doing in the past, which is complaining?

Paco495 likes this.
  10. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

You know Calris its fine if you think legitimate criticism from me is complaining. And yes I will criticize and provide input on the game as we should all do.

I'm not afraid about speaking about my opinion and people like you cant bully me into a Chucklefish loving drone.

LeifGram, Johan, Pingeh and 1 other person like this.
  11. Paco495

Paco495 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No different at all. People have criticized them on a daily basis here, and through discussion they have proven they do not have the mental compacity to understand facts or logic.

I love when a serial complainer is taken to task they revert to claims of bullying, child forced labor, UFO abduction. love of CF, rinse & repeat.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    Skarn likes this.
  12. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

You have to be honest here Paco. Some have made good arguments and are not just complaining.

Diagnosan likes this.
  13. Kirsten

Kirsten Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh man, I could not contain myself and drew two cute tribal alien babes, annoying the hell out of a half-naked human boy with some serious hype and excite.

[​IMG]

Ceteria, Dal, Konsai and 9 others like this.
  14. Jacke513

Jacke513 Void-Bound Voyager

Finnaly the beta is announced yay! Thank you starbound team :chucklefish:
    But why do they have to release it on a wednesday, in the middle of the week :chrono:

Landlaw likes this.
  15. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Could be around Wednesday as this is just a estimate but we know its coming around that time.

16. Calris

Go for your life. If it's actually real criticism, that gives valuable feedback, I won't be saying a thing against it. Given your post history, I have my doubts that you will just keep to criticism though.

No, I'm absolutely certain that you're right about that.

17. sammanzhi

sammanzhi Sandwich Man

Calris I'm gonna poke you so hard it's gonna leave a bruise. Right above your nip. And you can consider that a promise, not a threat.

18. Kirsten

Kirsten Pangalactic Porcupine

Come on people, be less miserable and upset, get more happy and excite. Go create things, chatter happily, be more chill!

Servilus likes this.
  19. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey, that's your Avian from the Fan Art page! Didn't expect to see that, this week is full of surprises :p

Kirsten likes this.
  20. Calris

Ouch! D:

sammanzhi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.