Belated thread for the Winter Trailer

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Dec 16, 2014.

1. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

My housemates like the SB soundtrack now.

3. MaxD3us

MaxD3us Void-Bound Voyager

Only one question: When will it be there? I need it now :)

4. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

This is going to be great when these are ready to play, Although i hope the nova kid get a description in soon last time i tried going around as one it still had the Hylotl description.

5. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Damn. Rug pulled.

6. phanaton

phanaton Ketchup Robot

*salivates, thick green saliva dribbling to the floor* Floran likesss thisss very much. More stabby beasts and new places! YESSS!

7. IronFistSurvivor

IronFistSurvivor Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hmm. Cool. But wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the aim-able melee weapons patched into the stable branch already?

8. [S]miley

[S]miley Subatomic Cosmonaut

i have not been able to play starbound after they stopped doing stable updates but i am hoping this update will arrive soon as i have one month of nothing to do, this winter update will bring me back C:

9. theheadhunter444

theheadhunter444 Big Damn Hero

I have a question. Will all of our stuff get wiped for this update? Will it just be the ship? Will all the planets reset? Whats happening with that because I have a modded ship and was moving all my stuff to store on a planet. Whats happening with all of that?

10. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Played a bit into the nightly to get a sneak peak at what's to come. Everything has improved. It's really starting to feel much more like a story in a sandbox now. I wasn't too into the initial quest to collect core fragments, but it was neat to see how much the tunnel systems have really improved. The addition of the space bar type hub for quests and shopping from NPCs I can really get into. I really like how one of the NPCs there was an unplayable alien race. Great job overall. I can't wait to see what modders will be able to add to the new quest system with maybe some small stories of their own.

11. WuppieF

WuppieF Void-Bound Voyager

:poke:Will the NPC names from gold tier donators come with this update?

12. sindri

sindri Void-Bound Voyager

Cannot wait for this awesome update to come!!
    The only thing I'm still missing is a command option for your pets to tell them to stay at a place. Or like the butterflies, catch a pet and release it into a cage, where it can stroll around. I want to build my zoo!! :D

13. Barrfind

Barrfind Big Damn Hero

I just can't wait. I watching and waiting so long. This game is awesome. Trailer makes only that, I can't wait way much more. xD Fantastic, just fantastic.

14. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

Can't WAIT!!! You sure know how to make a gal as happy as a Alpaca in Space!

:3

15. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Trailer was really well made. Well worth the delay.

Also for some reason I really like that font, it is so crisp and clean.

16. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

It doesn't sound like it'll be wiped, but you'll be missing out on content if you don't start over.

17. theheadhunter444

theheadhunter444 Big Damn Hero

Well the mod is just the tier 8 ship so i was going to reset my ship and then put everything back on board. Thanks for the clarification.

18. GamerUnity

GamerUnity Yeah, You!

I wonder how we can script ui windows if Starbound came to consoles.

19. Bine

Bine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I... nonono. NO NO NO. Not now! Not so soon! AHHHHHG NOOOOOOOOOOOO. I had things i wanted to do! Like see family!

phanaton and Kawa like this.
  20. TakaStoryXx

TakaStoryXx Starship Captain

oh no ! The update is coming soon ! I hope is comes after this Sat because i am getting money and i want to buy the diamond tier before this update ! :)