1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Did you find one with a farm merchant? They seem to be the only way to get kiri fruit.

2. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

YOU TEMPTED ME :rofl:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kalminos, Qwaar, Raieth and 3 others like this.
  3. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

Armoured fish are so cool!

Calabrese likes this.
  4. Requiemfang

:rofl: didn't realize a lot of people would like that post with the images, I surprise myself sometimes :DD

5. Weylin

Weylin Void-Bound Voyager

Does anybody know of a material that would hold a cold temperature well?
    Trying to make that avali icepack plushy a reality but we haven't been able to find a good solution.

First idea was heat-sealed bags with very salty water, with some way to insert and remove them in case they get worn, damaged, or leak.
    Maybe just concealed pockets that could hold a plastic bag full of ice.
    Another idea would be something that is dry and soft but holds temperature well, but I have no idea if such a material exists.

It can't be a true avali plushie without the risk of frostbite on extended contact. The true enthusiasts will have it no other way...

6. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Relevant to the topic and cool, so why not?

7. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

the stuff that's in those magic bags. http://magicbag.com/cold-therapy

Calabrese likes this.
  8. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Well, let's see: each substance has a property called "heat capacity", which is the amount of energy it requires to change its temperature by a single degree Celsius. If you want something to feel cold for as long as possible, you'll want a substance with a high heat capacity. However, liquid water already has one of the highest, and that of water ice is still pretty high. By volume, solid iron and copper are among those materials with the highest heat capacities, and are also relatively easy to get and innocuous, but that plushie is going to weigh a lot. By mass, paraffin wax seems to be the best choice. My source is the wikipedia, because I can't seem to find a good heat capacity table on Google.
    You could also find one of those gel-filled bags for refrigeration, don't remember the name. EDIT: However, I have no idea what the heat capacity of those is. Also, some of them are made with ethylene glycol, which can be poisonous, so be careful.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
    RyuujinZERO likes this.
  9. The Wiz

The Wiz Master Chief

The big tent pole in the mod are glitched and can't be remove after they have been placed down. can it be fixed? thank you

10. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Let no Avali near a Call of Duty game.

Calabrese and Kawa like this.
  11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Uh, are you sure? - they can be removed just fine on my copy. They have the same 'strength' as the other materials (ie. blotting paper, break more or less instantly)

Makes you wonder what conditions existed where having giant armour plates was a such an important evolutionary advantage

Just start screaming at them over the microphone calling their mom names so it hurts their hearing, in otherwords, normal strategy :p

12. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Ehhhhh combat armor still demeshes with the legs alot and it bothers me a lot!

13. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Explain?

14. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

When jumping the toes become visible
    [​IMG]

15. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

It's not "demeshed" (If that's even a word), it's just that the foot cover sprite is missing on the two sets. That's been reported 3 times already and was fixed less than 12 hours after the patch launched; it'll be going out with the next update (Which are much longer than previously because certain server admins started complaining my patches were too frequent for them to make useful updates)

EDIT: Sorry for sounding cranky there, it's just having to keep explaining the same thing over and over is rapidly becoming my annoyance button >.<

Calabrese and Kawa like this.
  16. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

It's fine, I didn't see the previous reports because this thread moves too fast for me to bother reading back constantly.

Please don't bite me again.

17. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

It actually is, but as far as I can see, kiri fruit is only used in one or two cooking recipes.

18. Requiemfang

Avali don't have much yet for food items which explains why there aren't that many recipes, I'm sure Ryu will be adding more to the mod in that aspect later down the road when he gets around to implementing and fleshing out more content for the mod.

19. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

It is however needed for the most potent recipes and/or efficient currently available:

Raw ingredients: 10-25% food, No heal

Jerky: 30% food, weak heal
    x1 meat, x1 nakati
    Noodle: 50% food, weak heal
    x2 piru, x1 kiri
    Taco: 75% food, moderate heal.
    x2 piru, x1 meat, x1 nakati​

Curry: 100% food, strong heal.
    x2 piru, x2 kiri, x1 nakati, x1 meat
    Notably the strongest all round, and also the only fully vegetarian meal* (That provides any health benefits).

*Avali are obligate carnivores, strictly speaking, noodles are a processed food, not 'vegetable'. Carnivores can still digest sugary processed foods

Calabrese likes this.
  20. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

sort of big issue, the trenchcoats seem to have no swimming/ grappling animations and disappear. I tried getting pics but I only have puu.sh which imparts a delay. If you have a good way of screencapping gifs or a bare bones screencapture program and a gif converter though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.