Arrangeable Ship Interiors (Vanilla Server Compatible)

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by debugman18, Dec 7, 2013.

1. debugman18

debugman18 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Compatible with version: Beta v. Irritated Koala

Have you ever wanted to rearrange the locked interior of your ship? Want to move your fuel tank? Your teleporter? How about your locker? Well, with this mod, now you can rearrange your ship as you see fit. It's compatible with vanilla servers, so all you have to do is install and play!

This overwrites the vanilla ships with modified ship structures, so it is incompatible with any mods that do the same. The exception to this is the Extended Ships mod. This mod includes a patch that allows you to have the best of both worlds.

What does this mod do?
    This mod lets you move things that are normally not movable, such as the teleporter, the captains chair, the ship locker, the fuel tank, and the tech panel.

[​IMG]

Instructions:
    Unzip, place the contents of the folder inside of your Starbound/assets folder. If asked to overwrite, say yes.

While the mod is multiplayer compatible, it is necessary to start your character in single player first so that the game starts you in the ship with unlocked objects.

If you are using the Extended Ships mod, please use the Extended Ships patch within this mod.

Download Mirror:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/4t91cmlrl3cb8uc/Arrangeable Ship Interiors.zip

Warning: Do not use your ship objects while not on your ship. It will cause a crash.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    lol991lew, ErekoseDM and Affero like this.
  2. Israphial

Israphial Big Damn Hero

What do you mean by ship objects?

3. debugman18

Fuel input, captains chair, teleporter, ship locker, etcetera.

Edit: Specifically, the captains chair causes a crash outside of the ship. I don't think the others would, but I'm not sure.

4. Israphial

Israphial Big Damn Hero

How would you use that stuff outside of your ship anyway? None of it is movable.

5. debugman18

That's what this mod allows you to do, move those objects.

Israphial likes this.
  6. Israphial

Israphial Big Damn Hero

Oh, I see. Sounds cool!

7. NightmareX91

NightmareX91 Phantasmal Quasar

Compatible with vanilla servers as in I can jump onto any public server and everyone can see the changes?

8. Zaxaramas

Zaxaramas Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Probably a stupid question, but i don't suppose ship lockers share a storage do they?

9. debugman18

Correct.

What do you mean? If you break it, it drops its contents similarly to a chest.

10. NightmareX91

NightmareX91 Phantasmal Quasar

Awesome.

11. lexietanium

lexietanium Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi! Waas wondering if this is compatible with ship mods that enhances the size of your ship.

12. debugman18

I'm updating the OP to include a patch for the Extended Ships mod.

Edit: Alright, there is now a version of the files inside of the "Extended Ships Patch" folder, use those instead of the original files, if you're using the Extended Ships mod.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  13. lexietanium

lexietanium Subatomic Cosmonaut

:D hooohah! Thanks yo! Now I can unleash my inner decorator

14. Zuriki

Zuriki Void-Bound Voyager

Just an FYI this mod can be used to grief other players by breaking their ship parts and stealing them (effectively renders their save unusable). So whilst this mod is useful, it makes playing on public servers very risky.

15. Crystalwolf

Crystalwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Thankyou for making a patch which allows it to work with my mod :)

16. debugman18

The same can be done simply by looting the locker and placing a trap over their teleporter.

17. Dagomani

Dagomani Space Spelunker

Well as far as understand the ships are saved from player to player.
    Therefore you wouldnt be able to move another players ship, as your simply modifying your own? :)

debugman18 likes this.
  18. debugman18

This is true. Unless they are also using the mod, you cannot move their things.

19. Dagomani

Dagomani Space Spelunker

So as far as im understanding (im looking into making something ridiculus for a ship, maybe a station or something) if stuff is unlocked anyone can move it. But ONLY on the ship on which its unlocked.
    It would be awesome if some modder could modify the actualy code and add a custom lock everything button with a password that only the owner of the ship would have.

But yes, if anyone got on ur ship, and could move ur stuff, expect things to disapear :p Hell i would take ur ship locker right away xD

20. ThisIsGoobly

ThisIsGoobly Phantasmal Quasar

The Extended Ships mod has added Hylotl and Human ships. Do you mind updating the patch with them please?