1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Are planned any more stable updates before 1.0?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by kratos873, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kratos873

kratos873 Starship Captain

The title

2. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

The Answer

What 1.0 if you mean full release yes.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    Akado and Owl_Stalker like this.
  3. kratos873

yes there will be more stable updates before full release or just nightly builds? im one of those who dont want to try nighly builds i would enjoy looking more content/features added (stable) before full release, you answered yes, so thank god if that's true, i need more gameplay progress,more content, and maybe more co-op/multiplayer challenges

4. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

the next stable update will include all those dev updates we've been getting.

Serenity likes this.
  5. kratos873

waiting impatient for next stable update,i hope that before than 3 - 6 monthhs :(

6. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

a complete guess, but I kinda doubt it'll be until the very end of the year.

Serenity likes this.
  7. If that happens then the SB community will die of extinction.

8. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

Nah. We're resilient. I myself haven't even played the most recent stable build.

yclatious likes this.
  9. benignInferno

benignInferno Void-Bound Voyager

Damn, really? Well based on the progress reports we've been getting lately, I think the update will be worth it but still...

10. The updates should operate like this:
    The next patch will be a big one, containing the majority of the work needed to make the game "Mechanics" complete. Meaning the ground work for progression models, the combat system, the majority of generation algorithms, all of these should be complete leaving the game ready for all the content they intend to add. This will push it to BETA 1.0 (not to be confused with release 1.0).
    After this patch we should see more frequent content updates.

I wouldn't expect it to be that long of a wait honestly.

11. Lintton

Lintton Guest

If novakids are being worked on I'd say there has been considerable progress.

12. krylo

krylo Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'd guess they moved Novakid release up from 'release' to 'Stage 2 of Beta' so that they can work in Novakid lore and content alongside everyone else's, and integrate them better.

13. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Now the only question: When is the next stable release?

14. When it's done.
    (Read: They won't give an ETA because people in the past have been jerks if they even come close to missing them).

15. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

When multiple horse AI's are available but only one can be selected at a time. Before this point, you don't need a stable to house them.

Archer and yclatious like this.
  16. Your comment really addresses the neigh-sayers

17. It's difficult to say; but right now it stands like this

Tiers are being worked on. Tier 1 is finished, Tier 2 is complete. It is RUMORED that a new stable will be available sometime between now and work on Tier 10. But who knows.

There will be no ETA for reasons already mentioned.

I'm locking this up now since the inquiry was resolved :coffee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.