1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Are all trees unique?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Timo3681, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Timo3681

Timo3681 Void-Bound Voyager

Are all trees unique or can i find Planets with same trees?

2. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Tree's in general are randomly generated like creatures. But its not impossible to run into the same combination on a different world.

Serenity likes this.
  3. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Statement. Indeed trees are randomly generated, except for mini-biomes trees.

Serenity likes this.
  4. RavenX

RavenX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Saplings stack as well, but, saplings of the same tree with variant colors do not.

5. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I just wish the preview image of the Saplings showed what trees they made. The tiny icons are not terribly helpful.

6. Timo3681

Are Alien Race, Villages and House unique?

7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

No almost everything in the game is just a random combination of prefab parts.
    The only unique part would be planet generation as it is based on algorithms.

Tamorr and Serenity like this.
  8. Timo3681

How do you mean?

9. Darkarma

Darkarma Phantasmal Quasar

Trees have four attributes:
    Foliage Type
    Foliage Color
    Stem Type
    Stem Color
    Each planet has four trees that come in two pairs with variant color. The one ones indigenous to the primary planet biome are random. The ones indigenous to the secondary biome are static and specific to that biome.

10. Timo3681

random tree with same combination and color on two different planets = rarely or often?

11. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

and a couple of mobs like the sewer ones

12. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

I would say rarely, but to be honest i dont pay that much attention to tree's.

13. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I would say between uncommon to rare, depending on how much resources they add to the collection to mix n match.

Trees are made up of basically two parts, the trunk type & the leaf type. Then colors for each, mainly the leaf getting more color variants though. Not really random in the generation sense, but procedural. Random in the choosing which parts it draws from to put on a planet though.

It really varies from planet to planet. Chances are you will find one exact same color and pieces, eventually. There are a lot of planets out there...