1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Accidentally Abandoned Quest...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jason Fawcett, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Jason Fawcett

Jason Fawcett Void-Bound Voyager

I'm using the current stable version (Enraged Koala), and I've accidentally abandoned a main quest (Dreadwing). I've looked around everywhere, and I can't seem to find a way to get it back. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. Treldent-02

Treldent-02 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In the current stable, quests are unimportant, you can still summon Dreadwing and fight him, just not get a pixel reward, you can still progress in the game, no need to worry

3. Jason Fawcett

Jason Fawcett Void-Bound Voyager

Alright, how exactly would I go about that then? The mission has also disappeared from my ship's computer. According to the wiki entries I've read you need to summon him with a distress beacon, but that's not showing up on my crafting menu at all.

Aaand apparently I'm actually on the unstable build. I was looking at the launcher for the version number, not the actual program :/

So, yeah, my version is actually Upbeat Giraffe.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
  4. Treldent-02

Ah, soo...If you abandon a quest in unstable...I think it's a little bit bad, change to stable if you're new, but you don't have much time to play that one, since the new stable is this week

5. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Ignore Treldent-02, stable is much less developed and complete.

As for your question, well...Im guessing they really didnt plan for people to abandom them, just yet.

Soo, im afraid Im going to have to say, get a new character.I really dont think there is another option, unless somehow, you can get the mission via admin commands or anything of that order.

Shucks, hu?

6. Treldent-02

I was only saying to stay on the stable so certain basic mechanics of the game can be explored, unstable or nightlies start a little more complicated, and the current stable isn't as much