A zoo, a simple idea, that can become so much more.

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Leotamer, Feb 26, 2012.

?

Do you think this is worth the time

1. Yes, and I aguee with most of your examples

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes, but I don't like most of your examples

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I personally don't like this idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care one way or the other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leotamer

Leotamer Void-Bound Voyager

The idea is simple, you collect animals and plants, but this could also tie into other suggestions, this isn't to replace thoses, but give my take on the matter and say why would this be useful, since, if done right, will be something I will probally get into.

HOW THE ZOO WORKS
    This is a simple, first you need a pen this could be placed in your spaceship, or on a planet, from their, you use various kinds of bait to tame creatures, and simply but then in your pin. You should also be able to allow them to room your spaceship(at the cost it takes space that npcs could live in), or on a owned plant.

IDEA
    You get animals and plants from you the worlds you visit, and tame/collect them. And put then in a apporiate place.

WHY?
    One, this will add a whole new tech tree to explore, aswell as allow people to have pets, and collect things, also it will open all the rest.

THE BIOLOGIST, A NEW TECH TREE
    Once you collect enough animals, the biologist will come and give you better, and better tools. And better weapons and ulitly, letting you go though with this mechanic. Also, for collecting rare species, you could get rare items.

ALCHEMY/CHEMIST/FARMING
    All these things could be a nice touch, and will allow you to get comusables for free, if you pay in time, and effort.

COLLECTION
    Almost everyone will have all the items, but having a rare animal, or a symbolic pet in my eyes would be funier then just grinding for all your items.

PETS
    This is self-explaintory. And would be a lot for a little if you just make it where they wander around your home.

Ok, I will stop here. But, this is only to see if this thread will take off or not. I will add more if people like this idea, but as it stands, this is more of way I think it should be added.
    Also, if you like this, please post, for I can't bump this thread.

TehEpikMonk likes this.
  2. Leotamer

You should be able to if your player mutiplayer, I wouldn't see how it would work for single player, and since it is a 2d game, taking screenshots of your zoo should be hard ;)

3. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, lol.

Would the zoo be on a planet or your spaceship?

4. Leotamer

Ok, I will update it to example how the bases of how I think the zoo should work.

5. Locked as per request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.