Modding Discussion A personal jukebox

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Shadesworth, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Shadesworth

Shadesworth Subatomic Cosmonaut

So i recently decided to try my hand at modding the game, and seeing as Bartwe pretty much confirmed that having a live bad playing abc files is currently impossible i decided to go with the next best thing.

I made my very own personal jukebox. The concept is relatively simple. "Noisy" items like the Jukebox or the Record Player access an ogg file upon activation. So in the end all i had to do was edit a couple of sprites, change a couple of references and add one or two recipes.

The result is as follows

[​IMG]

Its black, it jiggles, and it plays Caravan Palace's Clash.

Now the entire point of this was making a "personal" jukebox. By this i mean i tried to make it relatively simple to change the song, so that anyone with the mod can enjoy their favorite song whenever they feel like it without having to mess around with the actual game's files.

Should anyone want to try the mod, here's the link: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/personal-jukebox.775/

All you have to do is drop it in your mods folder and you should be done.

As for the recipes here's how it goes:

To first be able to actually craft the item you'll need to have reached tier 3. Once you've done that you'll be needing the following

3 x Titanium panels
    10 x Coal

This should allow you to craft a Blank Record.

Once you've crafted said record you'll be needing

30 x Wooden Planks
    1 x Titanium light
    1 x Red Dye
    1 x Blue Dye

Craft it with the Blank Record and you should have your very own Personal Jukebox.

If anything goes wrong (or if any of the above info is wrong) please leave a message here. Like i said its my first actual mod...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  2. Ninjawa

Ninjawa Void-Bound Voyager

The mod page isn't there.

3. Jesus dude. This was back in December of last year. It was likely taken down. Pay attention next time please.

The | Suit likes this.