A New Beginning

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by BlueBerryFloran, Dec 14, 2012.

1. BlueBerryFloran

BlueBerryFloran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello everyone!
    I am BlueBerryFloran :love:
    I made you guys a story,​
    hope you will enjoy~​
    Words I use:
    *moonturn = month
    *sunturn = 1 day
    Chapter 1:
    It was raining hard on top of my head. My leaves were soaked and I hadn't had a chance to regain energy since the battle. I needed sunlight, as fast as possible, or else I would be done for. My legs aching, I ran deeper into the forest. The blue grass on the ground had gotten all muddy and was hard to run on. The dark purple trees covered my head as if they were trying to stop the rain. They failed.​

How much longer would I have to run?
    I couldn't return, not after my loss. The others would kill me if I dared to show my face in the precense of a Floran again. They would rip my leaves of my head... and dry me out like a prune. Just the thought made my leaves raise in fear.
    I had to hide.
    Faster than any squirrel, I took a leap up a tree. The tree was soaked and hard to climb. The bark fell off as I tried to creep up the tree. After a few meters, I found a branch. "Oh dear lord of the seven suns", I thanked as I grabbed it and pulled myself up on it. This branch was not high enough though. I had to get to the top branches and hide between the leaves. Then I could sit there and wait for the rain to stop and the sun to come out.​
    Satisfied with my plan I started the climb.​
    Earlier it had been a fight. A fight between my family of Florans and a couple of robots. I am a young floran, only a couple of moonturns old. We grow fast. After our first moonturn, our childhood is over and you're old enough to become a warrior. This was my first encounter with robots, so I did as my insticts told me.​
    I launged at it with full power and stabbed it with my sharp claws. At least I hoped I would stab it, but my claws were repelled from the surface of the robot's armor. Instead I lost control over my attack and my claw suddenly was jammed inside the robot's shoulder armor. The shock was overwhelming. Never had I been unable to damage something with my claws. In a matter of seconds I understood that the fight was lost. I prayed to my Gods and cursed the damn machine. I looked up at the terrefying monster that held my life in its hands. Its eyes changed. From deep blood red, the colour changed into a silent, sky blue.​
    "Does it hurt?", It asked me. "are you stuck?".​
    My mind went blank. I wanted to kill this rude beast for toying with me at the end of me. But.. There was something happening inside of me. Like when a flower blooms for the first time, I felt something calm inside of me. As I looked at the cold robots blue and beautiful eyes, it reminded me of the first leaf that grew on top of my head. Light, sky blue. The longer I stared at the beast, the more my rage calmed. Never had I felt my bloodthurst decrease like that.​
    "Help me", I whispered. "Please don't kill me".​
    How could I? A Floran never begges for mercy.​
    The machine looked at me.​
    "Processing race status ... ... ...". "Florans do not beg for m-mercy", It said with somewhat a suspisious tone."Florans kill. They are a race with high techincal skills, but they do not know the meaning of peace. They do notunderstand the feeling of love, trust or friendship for anyone outside their race". The machine stopped talking.​
    "So, you're going to kill me?", I said silent. Not knowing what I was most ashamed of. Dying in my fourth moonturn, not being able to protect my family or the fact that I begged. I begged for mercy.​
    The robot's eyes turned red again. It took a grip around my body with its powerful mechanic arm. The grip itself hurt. I was told since I was born, "A Floran may whitter or be ripped from its soil. But never without its honor intact". I looked up at he clouded sky. It was going to rain.​
    The robot pulled me up. The claw that was stuck got ripped out and had three big wounds ingraved into them. It lifted my into the air and took its arm backwards. I prepared to be either smashed to pieces or mashed in its tight grip around my body.​
    "Bzzt..", came from him as its arm started to vibrate."Live".
    The next thing I knew it had thrown me away. I was flying, high over the plains.​
    It didn't take a genius to understand that I would survive the fall.​
    I crashed into some purple bushed just behind the plains. I raised up and noticed a sharp pain in my claw. The wounds were looking bad. I needed to get it under treatment as fast as possible.​
    I turned around to look back at the plains.​
    I could see my family. Fighting and killing every last of the robots. I knew I couldn't return after going against the laws of my own race.​
    I turned away. Held my claw close to my chest and started running.​
    As I ran away, the rain came. It came pouring down at me...​
    Chapter 2:
    It had been two sunturns since the battle on the plains. I had been hiding in trees all over the forest, hiding my tracks whereever I went. I tried to gather sunlight as much as I could, but I didn't want to stay in the open for too long. In other words, the time it took me to heal myself felt like an eternity. If it hadn't been for my florian armor collecting the extra sunlight, I wouldn't have made it.

But I was recovered and ready to move on. It was the dawn of the third sunturn since the battle and I was sitting peacefully in my tree. Strangely I had the feeling of being watched. It must be my imagination, I was a professional at hiding tracks. The only foodsource I had at the moment were worms. Not so tasty, but filled with protein and vitamins. I thought about what my new goal would be from now on. I was still young and I was powerful. A thought came into my head. It must have been the craziest thought which had ever entered my mind:

Space
    Exploration
    A planet bathed in sunlight
    Adventure

I was a superior being with technological skills. I could travel the universe... Explore.
    Suddenly aware of my own thoughts I shook my head. I must have hit my head when the robot threw me away. That kind of thinking was for lower lifeformes with less intellience. Like humans.
    So I raised up on my branch and sniffed the air. I could smell a spacecraft not to far from the forest. I jumped from the branch and landed gracefully on the blue grass below. I turned around quickly. It felt like if someone where watching me again. It had felt that way since my escape to the forest. Again, I shook my head and walked off. I stared walking towards an opening in the forest.

When I came out from the purple sea of leaves I stopped. In front of me was a bright landscape filled with fields. The fields were all deep blue or purple. The sun was shining bright over this little planet. I couldn't help it, I thought it was beautiful. I started walking again, this time, slower. I felt a nice warm breeze through my leaves and enjoyed the sun on my scales. As I walked through the field I let my mind free. Never had I actually enjoyed a summer day. Not since I turned my first moonturn. I streched my arms into the air and felt every muscle relax. Maybe this life on my own wouldn't be so bad after all?

Blue eyes, blue eyes watching you.
    With its program in a confusion
    it does not know.
    Should it keep the eyes blue?
    Or paint them with the dark red blood of the creature in front of it.
    Chapter 3:
    I had been walking the fields in my search for the spacecraft I could smell. I was not far away now. There was a hill in front of me and on the other side, I could sense it. It was there. I did not know who owned it, but I couldn't sense any lifeformes nearby exept from the usual monsters strolling. I leaped up the hill and reached the top in a couple of seconds. On the other side of the hill there was a deep valley. In the bottom of the valley there was a spaceship. It wasn't so big, but it would do.
    Was it just my imagination or did it look.. old somehow?

Why are you here?
    Go back.
    I don't.. I don't want to kill you.
    I started my way down to the ship. On my way down, I met an orinathi eating some grass. But as I came closer I noticed that the animal wasn't eating, it was stuck. There was a tiny hole in the ground, and somehow this orinathi had managed to stick its snout into the hole.​
    "You stupid creature, you will get killed if you get stuck like that", I said and shook my head. "You should be happy I have already eaten today".​
    I walked up to it. An orinathi is a creature with long, muscular legs and a proud stance. They're known to always hold their head up high. This orinathi had a baby pink colour to its fur and a white mane. On each leg it had little bumps of fur covering its hooves. "​
    "You would make a great blanket for a clanleader", I said as I tried to get its snout out from the hole. "Or I could make you into a full, portable bed set". I took a good grip around its head and pulled.​
    It took a while, but after some cursing and a couple of more threats I managed to get it out from the hole.​
    "There you go", I said satisfied. I turned away from it and continued walking down the hill. As I walked I could hear steps behind me. I jumped around, only to find the orinathi following me.​
    "Go home", I comanded as I tried to turn away from it again.​
    It wouldn't listen and as soon as I started walking I heard it following me again. I kept on turning around, asking it to go home. Finally I stopped caring and started ignoring the large creature walking happily after me.​
    Always watching.
    The killer enters the zone.
    The bait was not effective.
    I finally reached the spaceship. To be honest, I was clueless about them. All I knew, was that they could transport me from one place to another if I pushed the right buttons. The first time I had been on a spaceship was one moonturn ago, that's when we left for this planet. My dad knew all about these huge monsters. He knew even how to control them.​
    I would never be good enough to handle such a monster, at least not now when I am banished from my family forever.​
    Maybe I could find another clan of florans out there? Start over.
    A stupid thought. I had a lot of them lately.​
    Nighttime came not long after I found the ship. I was way to tired to start flying it tonight. I had found a nice little place to sleep. The orinathi kept close, but it didn't seem to like the ship. I was on top of the ship where I could see my surroundings. I looked down one last time before my eyes closed.​
    That's when I saw it. Two lights came from the tall grass in the fields. Two blue lights. I hid under a piece of metal which was sticking up on the top of the ship. It couldn't be.. the robot? Had it followed me?​
    The blue lights came closer, it knew I had seen it. Out from the grass came a bold looking shape. It stepped heavily towards me. I made myself ready to attack. When I suddenly remembered! My claws aren't effective against this thing. I looked at my right claw. There were three scars after the wounds the robot had caused me.​
    I decided to jump down from my hiding place and meet my opponoment. It had come all the way out now. It was larger than me, with an armor to protect its mechanical body.​
    It suddenly jumped towards me.
    The eyecolor changed into purple.
    The next thing I knew I was hanging in the air,
    it held a tight grip around my throat.
    Chapter 4:
    Twinkle, twinkle beating heart,
    soon it will be ripped apart.
    Drink the blood untill you’re full,
    that’s a florans way to rule.

This is the lullaby every Floran child from my clan gets to hear through the first moonturn of their life. If it was true.. why didn’t they warn us about these heartless beasts? There was no heart, no blood, not a single weak spot on this thing. I was as good as dead. But why had it let me go in the first place? Was it some kind of game?

“Why...?”, suddenly came from the robot. “Why didn’t you kill the orinathi?”.

I tried to speak, but I wasn’t even able to breath, so all that came out were squeaks. I would be out of air soon. Was this how it was going to end? With my last piece of energy I raised my hand towards it. Not knowing why I did so.. I blacked out.

I regained counciousness. My eyes were heavy and my head was aching from the lack of air. I was lying on the ground. In front of me was the robot making a fireplace. I was to weak to wonder about why it did so or why it spared me. All I could think of was that it was really warm and nice. That’s when I noticed, the orinathi was lying right next to me. It is like it was trying to take care of me.​
    "You are lucky", the robot suddenly said. "Orinathis are powerful creatures which rarely make contact with anyone". I tried to sit up, but my arms just fell under me.​
    "What is your name?", the robot asked me, suddenly curious. "Oh, do you need help to get up?". To weak to resist, I let the strong robot lift me up and get me on my knees.​

After an hour I started to feel better. The robot had been trying to take care of me, something I found weird, due to the fact that it wanted to kill me. It tried to explain its behavior with different things like: It wanted to protect its family, or that it felt I could be a threat to other creatures on this planet. I really didn't care what it felt, all I knew was that it would be wonderful to kill it. Watch it die.. slowly.​
    I turned my attention to the spaceship. It was formed like a sylinder, with a pointy end and wings out from each side. It looked like a really big, white, metal bird.​
    I started thinking of how to control it and how it worked when the robot interrupted my thinking:​
    "It will not fly", it said. I looked at it and didn't quite understand what it ment. Why shouldn't a bird fly?​
    "Why?", I asked.​
    "Beacuse it is broken", it replied to me shortly.​

"Broken?", I asked confused. This was a word I hadn't heard before. Broken as in.. a broken bone? But I didn't really see any bones on it. The robot looked at me.​
    "It is.. dead", it said.​
    "How did it die..?", I asked in a tone filled with respect.​
    "It crashed, and it got old", the robot said in a sad voice. "I came to this planet with this machine. But no matter how many times I search the cyberweb, i cannot find my origin. I am.. unknown".
    It got a little silent again after that. I really didn't care much about this piece of scraps life.. But something in its voice, made me sad too.​
    Trying to lift the mood I asked it: "Do you have a name then?, since you asked me eariler". It looked at me with its kind, blue eyes.​
    "My name is Tonitruixavier", it answered.​
    "No offence metalman, but I think I'll call you Toni", I said with a grin. "I can't even pronounce half of that". I laughed a little, and so did it. When we realised we had tried to kill eachother, it got awkward.​

"Why do you want to leave?", it suddenly asked.​
    I could not tell it why. But the reason I had to get away was simple: my family.​
    They would stay on this planet for 4-6 months and if they see me, their first instict will be to kill me. I had to find an excuse and suddenly remembered an old Floran tale my grandad always would tell me when I came to visit:​
    "The reason i want to leave is to find Kogosei" , I said. "It is a planet out there in the radius system. At the end of it, behind the jungle of the tentacle belt, you will find a planet bathed in sunlight. The sun there is so strong, the Floran race there have grown super tall and superstrong!!".​
    I realised that as I speaked my heart was beating faster.​
    I calmed down to hide my excitement. Why was I even excited?? I returned my attention to the robot.​
    It was staring at me. It was like it had drifted off. I waved my hand in front of it.​

"Hello?", I asked carefully.​
    "It must be nice to have a goal which is possible to obtain", it answered suddenly.​
    "Noone has ever been there, there is no proof the planet even ex..- It does".​
    I looked at it. It could not be serious.​
    "Your planet, I searched for it in my web. It exists."
    Its words were like stone. What should I do? Now this dumb thing belived me.​
    But it was a robot. It had the intelligence and abilites I needed to get out of here.​
    When it was done, I would kill it.​

"Well then Toni". I raised up. "Let's travel together!".
    I smiled at it. The smile of a Floran.. waiting to get its beating heart.
    Chapter 5

Already the next day we started working. The spacehip was broken. But not like a broken bone. Toni explained that this kind of broken could be fixed with tools and mechanics. I don't really understand this technical stuff, but I do what I can. The robot said we needed tools, so when I woke up I walked into the forest and started gathering sticks. But not just any kind of sticks, the best sticks you could think of.

Only a Floran can find the best sticks. We love nature and care for it like if it was a part of us. Well, actually, it IS a part of us. Sticks are the best tools we florans have ever learned about. They can bend, they can be stiff. They can be big or they can be small. No matter what the project, you can't finish it without sticks. I had just found some bendable jungoho sticks in the woods. Proud of myself, I returned to the spaceship.
    Suddenly, I heard footsteps!

"How long do we stay? The place is swarming with thoose annoying metal men",
    said a young Floran. "I don't even think there is any meat left".
    "I saw some orinathis on their way to that hill outside the forest",
    answered another one.
    "Don't worry young ones",
    an older voice interrupted them.
    "As fast as we get the meat the family needs and as fast as we dispose of Yuri, we'll return to Albastar".

Never had I ever been this happy I was born with the best hearing among my siblings. I was hiding myself high up between the branches when the group og florans passed under me.
    The two young ones talking were my youngest sisters Lilly and Violetta. The last voice was my grandmother, the family leader. Her name was Saboten. She was the strongest among the family members when it came to fighting. Everyone were scared of her...

They were planning to kill me. My own family wanted to see my blood flow. I had to get away, as fast as possible. My siblings were strong. I had to be careful on my way back not to be spotted. Slowly I started to climb between the trees. Silent as a spider I climbed through the forest. It was hard, cause in some places the trees were far away from eachother.
    Finally when I came out, I jumped down from the tree. I ran all the way back to the fields.

Back in the fields I could finally breathe out a little. Toni was working over at the spaceship. I walked over there and a big grin was spreading on my face.
    "Where have you been?", Toni asked straight forward. Proudly I showed him the sticks.
    "I was out collecting sticks for our machine", I said happy. It looked at me.
    "Bza..bzz..bzahahahaha", suddenly came from it. I looked confused at it. Is it laughing at me...?
    "Uhm.. Is something wrong?", I asked it.
    "This machine can not be fixed with sticks Yuri", Toni said with some buzzing in its voice.
    It took me a while till I understood the concept about that sticks could not revive the machine. It still doesn't make much sense for me, but hey! Toni is a machine. It knows best.

I couldn't sleep that night. Thinking of my family made me sick. I can never defeat them if they find me. I looked up at the stars. Would I actually be able to find the super florans? Or where these only stupid thoughts again. The stars were really beautiful tonight.
    I blinked and finally rolled over to fall asleep.

Watching. Always watching.
    Red burning eyes watching you.
    Are you friends with a machine now...?
    Wasn't I good enough for you?
    Maybe I should kill you here and now...
    Chapter 6:
    It took us an entire moonturn to fix the spaceship. Eh.. not "us", mostly Toni.
    I realised quite fast that I was of no help and stepped aside as Toni worked hard to fix it.
    After sitting on the grass day in and day out questions started popping up in my mind.

How was I suppose to kill Toni when it was done with the repairs? I had already tried to pierce its armor before... It didn't really work out that good.
    And then it was the mystery of Toni himself.
    If he had the posibility to leave this planet.. why didn't he?
    Why has he been stranded here for thousands of years..

We were sitting be the fireplace that night when Toni announced that the spaceship was fully repaired and we could take off any time. I looked over at him with hatred.
    I hadn't had enough time to figure out how to kill him yet.
    It had to be done tonight, so I could be gone in the morning. I had been lucky my family hadn't crossed our paths yet. The flames grew in front of me. I looked into them and sighted.

Maybe Cottoncloud would be able to pierce it with its sharp horns?
    I looked over at the Orinathi. It looked back a t me with a look which said:
    "On no-oh! I am not doing your dirty work, you dirty flower stalk".
    I had to get rid of it somehow.. I couldn't take more of the alone-time we had together.
    It was awkward.. every time, never knowing what to talk about, Toni asking weird questions.
    I hated it, hated it SO MUCH.

"Yuri..?", Toni suddenly said breaking my stream of thoughts.
    I looked up from the fireplace.
    "Yes?", I answered annoyed.
    "When do you think of departuring?", it asked.
    "Well.., I just.. Need to get some stuff done, I am not sure", I said quickly.
    "Ok", it replied with no emotion. That's what I hated the most about Toni. Never showing any emotions, just that same plain.. metal look on its face.

She is looking at me again. With that.. emotional face filled with something I can't read.
    She is troubled. There is something left undone. I wonder if there is anything I can do to help Yuri. She is the first living organism I have been wanting to kill, but not able too.
    She is filled with so much.. life.
    Life I will never understand.
    Feelings I will never feel or have.
    Even though.. very time I look at her.. I feel like my armour weighs less. Even though I know it's impossible, I keep looking at her to make myself feel lighter. Night after night, I talk to her. Listen to her talk makes me feel.. important.
    The importance I feel, is the same as if I write a mission down in my main disk.
    She is like a mission to me.
    But.. it's like a mission I will never be able to accomplish.
    At least.. I want to make her to feel better. Maybe I could show her the inside of the spaceship..? Make her spirit rise up a little. I had passed some flowers the other day on my way to the ship.
    They were hidden under a metal plate. Beautiful blue flowers which made me think of her at once. I placed them inside the ship, if she ever missed nature while being on board.

Toni suddenly raised up from his place. I looked up at him. He hadn't been talking as much as he used to. Maybe he could read her thoughts?? Maybe he knew what she was plotting??
    "Yuri, would you lik--",

I jumped back in suprise as suddenly.. Toni got pierced by something sharp.
    Its armour... no his entire body... had a large hole in it.
    Its eyes, they turned black. The hand it had reached out towards me, fell.
    I heard an awful sound of screeching machinery and suddenly he fell down.
    Right in front of my feet.
    I looked up behind it.
    All of my leaves curled as I saw what I feared most. There, with an Orinathi horn, stood my dearest little sisters, with my grandma behind them.
    The youngest one stepped towards me, opened her bloody mouth and hissed:
    "Hi there big sister, did you miss us?".

2. Well done. The spacing is quite unique, and the story has a nice bit of potential.

Buccee and Isabel like this.
  3. BlueBerryFloran

Thank you, I will do my best! :)

4. Ikbenbeter

Ikbenbeter Pangalactic Porcupine

I think you mean wounds often when you write scars. Other than that, great story! It makes me genuinely wonder what will happen next.

Isabel likes this.
  5. BlueBerryFloran

Yes
    Yeah, I thought about that when I read over it today ;)
    I'll edit it right away.
    Thank you for reading it :D

Ikbenbeter likes this.
  6. Buccee

Buccee Title Not Found

I agree with you!

Keep up working on this Isabel:up:

7. BlueBerryFloran

I will ^^
    The third chapter will be released later today c:
    and thank you for reading :)

8. Bolt

Bolt Cosmic Narwhal

Well done Isabel.

Isabel likes this.
  9. volchonokilli

volchonokilli Subatomic Cosmonaut

Florans, teh-he-he-heh <3

Good job, Isabel!

Isabel likes this.
  10. This is next on my list to review.

nababoo and BlueBerryFloran like this.
  11. A tip: when you update, post something in the thread, instead of only editing. It'll bump activity.

12. BlueBerryFloran

Ok o.o
    I never thought of that!
    Well, chapter 6 is out everyone !!
    Hope you like it ^^

13. GabirilosGR

GabirilosGR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's very awesome! :D
    When other chapters will be done?