1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

A Generated Monster Every Friday!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TheMurumasa, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R3MI

R3MI Phantasmal Quasar

Too annoying to read? i could change it to something simpler and smoother on the eyes if need be :V

2. TheMurumasa

TheMurumasa Existential Complex

I wasn't being sarcastic I genuinely like the font. :p

3. R3MI

R3MI Phantasmal Quasar

4. Veran

Veran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Other than the lines needing some work, and possibly adding something to the inside of the mouths, it's looking like a really content monster. "I got this rock, aint nothing you can do about it. >:3"
    (Compulsive-Hopefully-Constructive-Criticism-Syndrome (CHCCS), i has it :/ )
    on another note, both fonts looks good. although the "backup" one should be the same size as the "original" one. just saying.

R3MI likes this.
  5. Veran

Decided to draw some of them myself :3
    (i got lazy and just traced the outline of the monster, but in my defence, each one took about 1 and a half hour. #2.png

#1.png

i hope you like :)

EDIT: i think i need to scale them down a bit :/ also, how do i spoiler tag?

6. Luthos

Luthos Title Not Found

The cats 'freakin adorable haha!

7. R3MI

R3MI Phantasmal Quasar

Finally finished the shading on this guy and fixed up his mouth! Here's the close enough (i'm pretty sure) final drawing :p

[​IMG]

8. Veran

9. TheMurumasa

TheMurumasa Existential Complex

Added the new fan edits to the OP. :)

10. Suddenly: Fan-arts! Thousands of them!:chrono:

Axe Garian, Breather and Thanel like this.
  11. Hoddmimir

Hoddmimir Cosmic Narwhal

Maybe there needs to be a contest every week. After the Friday monster is released every one has a few days to make their artistic representations of it. Winner would be chosen by a "council" of a few people. What do you all think about that?

12. Certainly sounds interesting. Not sure if we need judges, though. It'd be nice if we could just post without fear of "losing" or any such abstract concepts.

AstroBlast likes this.
  13. R3MI

R3MI Phantasmal Quasar

I agree I think it should just be an open thing where anyone can post their interpretations of the weekly monster :p that's what I had in mind when i suggested drawing fan art anyway :)

14. Hoddmimir

Hoddmimir Cosmic Narwhal

Fair enough. I was thinking people might need to have an incentive to do it each week, but if there are enough people willing to do it just because, then I support that too. Should we make a new thread for the weekly contest, with the op being updated with the "entries" that are submitted?

nababoo likes this.
  15. R3MI

R3MI Phantasmal Quasar

Sounds like a good idea, Want me to set one up? I haven't had a chance to start a thread yet :DD

nababoo likes this.
  16. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

17. Hahahaha, just looked at this thread to find you all drawing this week's monster. You guys are awesome.

onerb2, Hoddmimir, nababoo and 6 others like this.
  18. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

And you can expect me to do it for every other week from now on!

nababoo likes this.
  19. I really like how creative everyone has been on this thread lately! I really enjoyed the animation. :up:

nababoo likes this.
  20. Veran

a good read indeed, but it doesnt say how i spoiler tag :/ is it just (some form of bracket) spoiler (bracket) thing to hide (bracket) /spoiler (bracket) ? if so, which one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.