27th of May, 2014: GeorgeV Super Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, May 27, 2014.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's a Mare not a Doe, silly filly.

2. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

As you can see I like playing the Glitch, but the horse lady combined with the completely moronic high level armor has shattered my formerly undying love for the Glitch. Plus, I'll be damned if I let Sarah Jessica Parker steer my ship

3. TheÜberFrenchToast

TheÜberFrenchToast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

:giggle:

Cute.

4. Halon

Halon Phantasmal Quasar

...:wtf:

Um, how long have you been on the internet in general?
    and how do you have an image of one of Lauren Faust's famous characters and NOT know Twilight?
    Seems like Reading Green eggs and ham and not knowing who the grinch is.

5. Redcorpian

Redcorpian Void-Bound Voyager

the joke is funny, its when a joke is repeated over and over whenever you want to go to the next planet is when it gets annoying.

6. Sorry, I dont make pacts with dark gods. i like my soul very much thank you.

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

They say Faustian pacts are exactly why her work has become so popular.

All we know is that she's not the Stig.

Chexx likes this.
  8. Seems like a modern day retelling if you ask me.

9. capthavic

capthavic Phantasmal Quasar

I'm guessing the horse head one is the Nova Kid ship AI, since western theme? Not sure what else to say, that my brain kinda broke for a bit there.

10. Tecuani

Tecuani Void-Bound Voyager

Make the horse accessible to Florans and I'll ssstab you, by which I mean love you.

11. megatiger78

megatiger78 Void-Bound Voyager

so the crystal should be glitch.... the boring blue one is humans...... no idea about the horse..... avians?

12. Chexx

Chexx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

red crystal is for Avians
    horse for Glitch

13. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

So much weeping and gnashing of teeth over the horse.

Why would the crystals be Glitch? All Avian technology is crystal-based so obviously it is for Avians.

Accept your fate and continue crying about the horse, your tears are delicious and sustain me.

Kawa likes this.
  14. Zoophilian

Zoophilian Big Damn Hero

:rofl: I Loves it, esspecialy the horse headed girl

Kawa likes this.
  15. TanakaKenshin

TanakaKenshin Aquatic Astronaut

Wow, the horse A.I. is creepy... Looks like it wants to devour my soul... o_0

Also, IMHO, looks a bit too "meaty" for glitch.)

Last edited: May 30, 2014
    Thundercraft likes this.
  16. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Confusing, isn't it? Makes just about as much sense for the horse lady to be for the Avians or Novakids, doesn't it?

Don't feel bad. You're not the only one to feel that way.

It's supposed to be hilarious. Apparently, a lot of us just don't "get" it. And, judging by comments, many of those who do would still rather not be stuck with a joke as the ship interface they'd be seeing a whole lot of the time.

The thing about comedy: It's a personal thing. Material can be hit or miss in striking someone's funny bone.

Also, it's supposed to unite people and make them feel good:
    "Humor has a way of bringing people together. It unites people." - Ron Dentinger
    "Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritation and resentments slip away, and a sunny spirit takes their place." - Mark Twain

Instead, this horse gag is clearly very divisive and, even in this beta stage, already upsetting people.

To be fair, though, you can't please everyone. And using comedy can be risky. Humorists certainly deserve our respect:
    "Humor is, I think, the subtlest and chanciest of literary forms. It is surely not accidental that there are a thousand novelists, essayists, poets or journalists for each humorist. It is a long, long time between James Thurbers." - Leo Rosten

Piccolo and ManiYani like this.
  17. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

18. redrupture

redrupture Void-Bound Voyager

those smiles are creepy

19. Hasu105

Hasu105 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Its some kind of Horse Prostitute.....bet it isn't kid friendly.

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Not because it's a whorse, but because it's creepy as shit.