2 Ideas to Help with Digitigrade Race Mods

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by ChaosThe13, Sep 21, 2014.

1. ChaosThe13

ChaosThe13 Void-Bound Voyager

I have noticed a few mods which add digitigrade races, and one problem I see is with armor. Digitigrade races must wear only their racial armor, because other types of armor will not work as their legs would show behind the legs of the armor. So here are two features that could fix this:

1. Armor Override: the race has to have a folder called "Overrides," with a folder inside of it having the race's name. Inside this folder are images with the same name as the armor that the creator wants to be replaced. If the race wears an armor with an override, the armor's texture will be replaced with the one in the "Overrides" folder.
    Ex: In the "Overrides" folder, there is a replacement for gold armor (having digitigrade joints). The player equips gold armor, and instead of using the default humanoid version, it uses the one with digitigrade joints.

2. Race Compatibility Codes: Each set of armor and race has a command in its configuration file, called RaceCompatibilityCode=. By default, this number is set to 0. Digitigrade races could have this number set to 1, 2, etc. This would prevent a race from wearing armor that does not have the correct code. Race config files can have more than one code, thus allowing them to wear more than one type of race's armor.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  2. ChaosThe13

ChaosThe13 Void-Bound Voyager

Shameless bump. :X
    I think more people should see this. It would really help out for modding. :nod:

3. SkitzoGamer

SkitzoGamer Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah I agree.

But I think that mod support shouldn't be too focused on until the game is out of beta. Though something that would make mods carry over from update to update would be cool, although right now that seems kinda impossible.