Undies roulette needs to end!

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Seenargles, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Seenargles

Seenargles Orbital Explorer

So I've noticed this, all other races get to see every selection they get. Humans however has to play the guessing game with their undies color. It doesn't make sense that you have the option of choosing your color for your underwear but don't get to see what it is. Even if there was a simple box stating "Hey this is your color" would be better than sometimes getting the color you're not appalled by or getting the color you want. Yet all the other races get to go "Yeah, we know what we're getting, sorry human." This really needs fixed, especially when undies show up in the human's revive animation and sleeping!

Kittails, loc978 and Kisse like this.
  2. Niran

Niran Cosmic Narwhal

Same for Hyotl stomach color, its hardly to not visible at all. If you use the Forum Character Creator you will notice that there are options included to start naked which have been removed ingame. A small oversight i guess.

3. Pixel Knight

Pixel Knight Space Hobo

The "undy color" just needs to be changed to something else. Maybe hair highlights or something? Eye color? Anything. Even if you could see what color your underwear is, you will virtually never be seeing it in game. It is a pointless option.

4. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

My hair mod enables the "Undy Color" to be set and visible as Hair Decoration. I didn't check yet, if there is a standalone mod already to enable it. But actually I'm sure this will be fixed very soon, because it's simply a bug.

5. Niran

Niran Cosmic Narwhal

It would probably fit great with my Nudity Mod since it strips the humans of their underwear and makes them selectable, (in character creation if selected) colorable and craftable as normal clothes rendering the "underwear color" useless therefor perfectly fitting for your hair mod which uses it for something else.

6. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

I did a quick standalone mod right now:

UndyAsHairDeco

I'm sure this will be obsolete soon. Some of the standard hairstyles have decoration in the "recolorizable" placeholder color, but it didn't work without one specific line in the human.species file. Im sure it will be fixed in the official game soon.

Actually, i didn't really use it for "something else" in my hairmod. Its exactly the way other races use the Secondary color as hair decoration (e.g. floran Leaf and Flower colors in hair)

7. Niran

Niran Cosmic Narwhal

Which again makes it: You use the underwear color for something else than it is actually supposed to.
    It's supposed to (obviously) change the underwear color, but in your mod it changes the hair decoration, theeeerefor it does something different :p

8. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

If you put it like this, then ALL the other races abuse the underware color. Because the code clearly defines it as "undyColor" :lolwut:
    (well, not all, Avian use the bodyColor only)

9. Niran

Niran Cosmic Narwhal

:lod:

I think i should rephrase my sentence so its more clear what i actually wanted to say:

You changed the function of the clearly from original Devs as "Underwear Color" labeled spinner control that is supposed to change the color of your smexy secondary clothes in the stock game, everything that derives from what the original Devs made is clearly "different" from the original game and is also known as a Mod.

In this particulary case you changed the originally intended function of an UI widget and that means it does something different than usual giving it a function at all in combination with my Mod which basically "removes" this function by making it obselete and available for everyone via "Shirt/Pants Color".

10. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

+1. I want to wear my lucky indigo undies plz.

11. LazerusKI

LazerusKI Phantasmal Quasar

Novakid have a "Bellybutton" that you cant see^^
    But i dont even know if it changes anything...