1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Rampaging koala prediction

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ODSTNICK, Nov 24, 2014.

1. ODSTNICK

ODSTNICK Big Damn Hero

I been hearing rumors of the next update coming around X-mas or early 2015 but I want to know when do you think the update will be avalible:confused:

2. common

common Contact!

And these rumors are coming from?

Serenity likes this.
  3. Chucklefish Blog: http://blog.chucklefish.org/?p=91

Serenity and Jonesy like this.
  4. ODSTNICK

ODSTNICK Big Damn Hero

just random rumors from the internet[DOUBLEPOST=1416804477][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I just hope it come out before march than I will start to worry

5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

There is only one way to be sure.
    We must develop the Infinite Improbability to Drive

The principle of generating small amounts of finite improbability by simply hooking the logic circuits of a Bambleweeny 57 Sub-Meson Brain to an atomic vector plotter suspended in a strong Brownian Motion producer (say a nice hot cup of tea) were of course well understood — and such generators were often used to break the ice at parties by making all the molecules in the hostess's undergarments leap simultaneously one foot to the left, in accordance to the theory of indeterminacy.

Many respectable physicists said that they weren't going to stand for this, partly because it was a debasement of science, but mostly because they didn't get invited to those sorts of parties.

Now who has a cup of tea?

6. ODSTNICK

ODSTNICK Big Damn Hero

what are you trying to say?

7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

That there is an infinite number possibilities when the next patch will be released.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    Serenity likes this.
  8. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

+42 internets for Hitchhiker's Guide reference.

Serenity, The | Suit and Dunto like this.
  9. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

the rest of us will practise flying in the meantime.

Alright (wo)men, throw yourselves at the ground. Remember to miss!

Serenity and The | Suit like this.
  10. ODSTNICK

ODSTNICK Big Damn Hero

oh ha my friend likes that book[DOUBLEPOST=1416838603][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That make since

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  11. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

Wrote a program to estimate the release date but keep getting this error:
    [​IMG]

Shaadaris, Serenity and neil_v like this.
  12. ODSTNICK

ODSTNICK Big Damn Hero

hahahaha :rofl:

Serenity likes this.
  13. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

I heard the next update will be some time in the future and will involve downloading said update. A guy hidden in the shadows of a parking garage told me.

FloomRide, ODSTNICK and The | Suit like this.
  14. ODSTNICK

ODSTNICK Big Damn Hero

why did a guy in a parking lo- you know what im not going to ask:wut:

I don't know why but I hope steam does not remove starbound like it did to other early access games due to unhappy players

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
    Serenity likes this.
  15. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

You know, this is pretty disheartening. We've all been waiting since roughly April for a stable update. I don't count Nightlies since they're so broken I have to resort to using what is essentially the console command to make require progress because of how broken it is. How tested is the stuff on the Nightly builds anyway?

16. Nightly is as tested as content can be tested by developers. There's some feedback from opt-ins, obviously. The larger amount of bug hunting and testing will be when the patch is released.

Serenity likes this.
  17. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

I'm curious as to why Tiy/CF is waiting so long to push the stuff to Stable. I can understand if they're still balancing the tiers, but I don't see a lot of happy people being told that after waiting so long, a great deal of bug hunting and testing will be needed after it's released. Not on these forums as much as I expect on Steam and maybe reddit and yeah, Steam and reddit, but still.

18. I'm not CF -- so I'm just guessing here...
    But it seems to me as though they are trying to get Starbound as close to "release" as possible so that heavy iteration no longer needs to be done in between patches. This way, with all the major systems and changes in place, they can go over feedback and adjust the necessary "levers" accordingly; and not have to build/rebuild/scrap something when they need to change.

I'm thinking of it like an item vanity system. You can't just add a vanity top hat to the game if you don't have the system that allows characters to wear the top hat. So you write the system and then at a whim; not only can you add the top hat, but a myriad of other hats. The long wait and the constant development is like building the vanity system on a much larger and much deeper scale. So when they're done, and they get feedback -- they'll be able to just "add the top hat". And after a collection of hats are added to Starbound's gallery, they'll be on point to release.

That's just my best guess though. A developer is the only one who can really answer your question.

Serenity and Dunto like this.
  19. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Basically.

You have to build the wall and make sure the wiring and plumbing are all set up before you can do the wallpaper and hang up pictures.

Serenity and Dunto like this.
  20. ganessaroland

ganessaroland Pangalactic Porcupine

Windows XP never ceases to amaze me.