1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Pixel What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Connermint, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Connermint

Connermint Void-Bound Voyager

pixel comp.png mini concept art.png
    Give me some feedback and improvements i could make!

2. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

It looks great! I approve :up:
    The second one reminds me of a building I once made in Minecraft, a lot.

3. Connermint

lol :)

4. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Also if you're looking for feedback I'd recommend using a more skin-like color instead of pink next time, something like #FFE9B7 or #FFD984 ;)

5. Connermint

Thanks a lot dude ill take that into consideration!

Feathery Dust likes this.
  6. Lord Octopus

Lord Octopus Starship Captain

Nice job on these pictures. You said you wanted some feedback so I thought I would quickly stop by and give some pointers.
    [​IMG]
    1. Some colors that you are using are fading into each other. This makes it hard to distinguish what is happening.
    2. Whatever it is, appears to be further back than the background due to it being darker. It is overlapping the background which is good, but it is still confusing to the eye.
    3. The ground looks like a plank, consider moving the subjects down into the ground a few pixels. It will then look like they are standing in the foreground and it would help with the some depth confusion (listed in 1, and 2).
    4. the picture has a lot in it, because it is so busy one does not know where to look.
    5. My favorite part of the picture is the sky. I find it interesting and detailed. Unfortunately this takes the eye away from what should be the focus: your subjects.

7. Connermint

Thanks a lot for the feedback!