Composer

Share This Page

Curtis Schweitzer

Contributor, Male

Curtis Schweitzer was last seen:
Apr 1, 2017
    1. SuperTamaru
      SuperTamaru
      What's the name of the track(s) that play on dark planets where the "sun never rises"? I can't seem to find them in the OST, and I totally dig the music. Is it part of the OST one can get or has it not been implemented into the OST as of yet?
      1. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        Not sure-- honestly I started replaying the game and haven't gotten to those worlds yet! (I deliver music to Chucklefish and they use it in the game as they see fit, so I don't always know where they've put it).

Maybe try the forums to ask other users?

If I get there soon, I'll let you know! :)
        Jul 26, 2016
      2. SuperTamaru
        SuperTamaru
        Ah, thank you! I'll see if I can get a rip of the music and see if anyone recognises it! :)
        Jul 26, 2016
    2. Markelius
      Markelius
      So, I bought the Starbound OST on steam before it was available on Humble Bundle, but it wasn't availible in FLAC on steam, yet IIRC it is on Humble. Are there any plans on updating the Steam OST or giving out some kind of purchase keys or something for the Humble soundtrack for people who've bought it on steam? It's a bit unfair to make people pay for the same product twice. :/
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        Regarding an uncompressed version: I have these files, but many were created long before SB came out (as in, years before as I was brought on to the project quite early), so I am working on creating a version that has 24/48 uncompressed for *everything*.
        Mar 17, 2015
      3. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        No ETA on that, as I'm swamped with new games and have a *ton* of technical issues given that so many of the files were created with previous versions of my VSTs/DAW/other software
        Mar 17, 2015
      4. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        TL;DR I would like a true FLAC version made from my original masters at some point but its a long way off, if ever, and anyone selling a FLAC version is selling something identical to the MP3 version as they would have had to convert the MP3's, not my masters.
        Mar 17, 2015
    3. Mallaceus
      Mallaceus
      When i play Starbound without the music i cry.

Not because it's silent but because I'm not hearing the insanely good soundtrack.
    4. walfredo
      walfredo
      Thank you for your excellent work in this game. It is a big part of what separates this game from the rest, and harkens back to the golden age of video games, when music mattered.

All of your work is incredible, especially Large Magellanic Cloud, which to me invokes emotion and thought. Its just a really amazing piece of music, thank you.
    5. Cakewalker
      Cakewalker
      Hi Curtis. I really love the music you did for Starbound an i would like to learn to play "large magellanic cloud" on the piano.
      I was wondering if you have the song in midi format that i could use to learn it?
      1. 2ft2lbs likes this.
    6. MidaX
      MidaX
      Hi Curtis. On the Apex stream you mentioned you would announce it on Twitter, if you stream on justin.tv
      Well, I can't find your Twitter account :3
      I'd really love to see some more stuff.
      The soundtrack is really amazing. Especially "On The Beach At Night"
      Gives me goosebumps, every time :)
      1. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        @cschweitzer

Thanks!
        Dec 5, 2013
    7. Catoosie
      Catoosie
      Have you been adding any more songs lately?
      1. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        We're mostly holding off on the soundtrack for now, but we're going to be updating the humble soundtrack, etc. here in a bit. RIght now 100% of devs attention is getting the game out for the community to play! :)
        Nov 3, 2013
    8. jmoon1020
      jmoon1020
      Just received the complementary soundtrack for preordering. As a student composer and musician, I can say that this is top-notch rep for not just an indie game, but any game or media.

Fantastic work.
      1. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        Thank you for your kind words! It really is nice to hear from other "music people"! :)
        Oct 1, 2013
    9. Rua
      Rua
      For "I Was the Sun", what instruments did you choose? Its all so good! :)
      1. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        Mostly banjo, but there are some col legno strings in there as well, and guitar/drums/etc.

Thanks for the kind words!
        Oct 1, 2013
    10. AJC0MICS
      AJC0MICS
      Did you finish the "Starbound - A new cue" music from your livestream yet? I love that track.
      1. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        Not sure which one that you're referring too, but probably! I think I've finished everything I've streamed. We're working to get the new tracks updated on the OST, as well!

Thanks for your kind words!
        Sep 19, 2013
      2. AJC0MICS
        AJC0MICS
        Sep 20, 2013
      3. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        Ah! I never actually finished that particular cue. I had some trouble with it. I might revisit it in the future, after the cues for each race are finished.
        Oct 1, 2013
    11. Lord Hatty
      Lord Hatty
      Question, if you've added more to the soundtrack, would I have to redownload the whole soundtrack in order to get at it?
      1. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        Don't know. We'll make it available once I have enough to make it worthwhile to download/update.
        Aug 17, 2013
      2. Lord Hatty
        Lord Hatty
        Alrighty. Cool, thanks. :) I was just curious cuz I had seen the "I was the Sun (Before it was cool)" song.
        Aug 17, 2013
    12. julz19
      julz19
      Your music is truly amazing, i just bought the game, and i'm listening to Altair and WOW, it's so soothing and moving.
      Great work on the music man XD
      1. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        Thank you! I'm glad to see that it is effective, and I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience.

Really, I do! :)
        Jul 2, 2013
    13. Bacon
      Bacon
      There should be a scary soundtrack in Starbound... For a Dark Planet, or a Abandoned Space Station Dungeon, as the Mass Effect 3 ones, are tracks we can "feel" and hugely complete the game experience.
      1. julz19 likes this.
      2. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        Perhaps we will add some! Good suggestion!
        May 14, 2013
      3. julz19
        julz19
        yeah, that would be amazing! XD
        May 29, 2013
    14. DW01
      DW01
      You're not using a real orchestra, are you? Sounds damn close. :P
      1. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        East West Symphonic Orchestra, and, more importantly, East West Hollywood Strings! ;)
        May 14, 2013
      2. DW01
        DW01
        Haha, knew it. :P Wish I had the money for that but I'm a poor fool.
        May 14, 2013
    15. Hallucinogenus
      Hallucinogenus
      Dude, your music is more than just ambience, its a big piece of starbounds soul. You are the right guy in the right place :)
      1. Curtis Schweitzer likes this.
      2. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        I'm glad you think so!
        May 7, 2013
    16. Gandalf
      Gandalf
      I've started to listen to the basic Soundtrack, and I am enjoying it very much. I shall listen to the Experimental soundtrack soon. Only music of very high quality can please a Wizard, and you have succeeded in doing so.
      1. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        So, I only have one question: Grey or White?
        May 7, 2013
      2. Gandalf
        Gandalf
        Grey. What about you?
        May 7, 2013
    17. ReverseShadow
      ReverseShadow
      I had to get rid of a ton of tracks on my Ipod just to download all of your tracks Curtis. And you know what? It was absolutely worth it! ^.^ Keep up the great work! Your music is honestly some of the best I've heard in a long while, and I couldn't even believe that the songs were for a video game when I first heard them. Amazing job!
      2. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        Thank you!
        Apr 28, 2013
    18. Awesomized
      Awesomized
      Stop sneaking everywhere.
      1. Curtis Schweitzer
        Apr 28, 2013
      2. Awesomized
        Awesomized
        I'm looking at you, sneak theif.
        Apr 28, 2013
    19. Kitty Box
      Kitty Box
      Your works are absolutely brilliant. I love every single song that you've done for the soundtrack, and I hope you work on many other great games some day.
      2. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        Thank you for your kind words!
        Apr 28, 2013
    20. colorbeam
      colorbeam
      Jupiter makes me want to cry- it's so beautiful.
      1. Curtis Schweitzer
        Curtis Schweitzer
        I'm really glad that it speaks to you. If there is one thing that I would really like my work to do, its impact and affect the people who listen to it. Thanks for letting me know that this track accomplishes its mission. I really appreciate it, and I'm very happy that you enjoy it so much!
        Apr 28, 2013
      2. colorbeam
        colorbeam
        It's going to have an amazing effect on the emotional side of the game. I always become extremely attached to games and I just know that you're the reason I'm going to start crying randomly while camped among the stars.
        Apr 28, 2013
  • About

Home Page:
    http://curtisschweitzer.net
    Composer
    I’m a composer for film, online, and interactive media. I’ve worked on several projects you may have heard of, including The Black Dawn and Cataclysmo.