1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Build Your Own ship/ Sandbox Ship[Dead]

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Rik, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Gazz

Gazz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Gazzcruiser finally left the space dock. =)

Quite a bit of the materials that I used in the construction are still in various lockers so you can re-arrange things without having to farm the correct material first.
    If you don't need them, destroy them. *shrug*

le_ship.jpg

Download is available and for the record, this was saved with version Offended Koala.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  2. curiouslyExistential

curiouslyExistential Phantasmal Quasar

Haven't really named it. I'd take screenshots and splice them together, but I already have a video up that displays it. So.
    Warning, contains music.

3. kin3tix

kin3tix Space Hobo

I thought your ship was really awesome... I hope you don't mind, but I used it as a foundation for my re-creation of the Enterprise D from The Next Generation. It ended up looking more like a caricature of the ship, and it's definitely still being worked on, but I'm pretty happy with it for the time being.

[​IMG]

Links to the screenshots below for the curious.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=204643246
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=204641623

Credit to Chizzler for the awesome Starbound re-creation that I used to help get an idea of where to start. Also referenced the ship schematics for the Ent-D to account for the difference in ships (http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/galaxy-02.jpg).

To the OP, thank you for great mod, it was really easy to install and work with and did in fact work perfectly with my vanilla server.

RavenX, Chizzler and Divinux like this.
  4. Tearees

Tearees Tentacle Wrangler

This is what i´ve done so far, I´ll finish it tomorrow, and post the download link so you can enjoy/edit it, if you want.
    [​IMG]
    I´ve take this pic as reference.. I tried to maintain the scale, but I failed at some points.. I hope you still like it ..

[​IMG]

skulledrebel and Divinux like this.
  5. sidoaight

sidoaight Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for the wonderful mod! I spend a week working on the exterior and base interior of my spacefaring Japanese-style castle. Reference Image.

Now working on the interior. Kinda crappy decorations so far. I think I'm going to have to make some Japanese and misc asian decorative assets. I need me a katana display! Next stop is to give myself some hylotl calligraphy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gah, looking at my screenshots really bothers me. The interior isn't perfect yet. T_T

I'm posting now, because if I don't, I never will. :rofl:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Honeybee, Villy Spectrum and Divinux like this.
  6. Trook

Trook Space Penguin Leader

Wow! So many awesome ships! I hope this mod will be implemented into the game some day in a way, because i really love the idea of building my own ships :D

I am still looking for a way to protect the lockers (make them not replaceable/indestructable), so if anyone has an idea pls shout it out =)

Here is mk2 of my science vessel: https://www.mediafire.com/?nq28dqmc3g1l3f6
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    snowshadow2867, Divinux and sidoaight like this.
  7. nellysaur 326

nellysaur 326 Void-Bound Voyager

yes appologies i did screw up a little bit ^^ got it working perfectly AMAZING MOD :) very happy

8. H4RMN

H4RMN Aquatic Astronaut

9. Syphist

Syphist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Damn, some of these look good. Once I'm done transcribing the megaman 2 theme into abc format I should finish up my initial character to make another ship.

10. Tearees

Tearees Tentacle Wrangler

FINISHED!! (Now I have to fill it n.nU)

[​IMG]

Tell me if you wantme to post a download for it.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  11. cholesterol

cholesterol Space Hobo

Finished up this beauty after a few days, :D
    birdofprey.jpg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    Zouleena, Divinux and Chizzler like this.
  12. Skhmt

Skhmt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
    My crew and I thank you for the mod!

Now if only my ship wasn't a rust bucket...

13. Quint Winters

Quint Winters Master Chief

While it's not an actual way of protecting the lockers, you could do what I did a a safety precaution. I built a room on my home planet that has just as many lockers as my ship has and used Rydian's Trainer to duplicate everything from each locker on the ship so there's a backup copy of each locker on the planet. If I accidentally mine one of the lockers, or if someone on a server I'm on raids them, I've got backups I can transfer over to my ship to restore the inventory.

Trook likes this.
  14. tmikaeld

tmikaeld Space Hobo

That is just awesome!! Would you please post the shipworld file? Would LOVE to use this for my hylotl

15. RavenX

RavenX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey Gazz!!! What's up bro :) Awesome ship btw.

16. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

Here is my first go at a sandbox ship; it was a recreation of a tomb raider like ship I originally started; and I really wanted to go full size! I just wish there was some metal blocks that matched the temple brick... Not sure what my next ship will be... I'm thinking the cruse ship from fifth element, or a space station...

[​IMG]

17. Skhmt

Skhmt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If anyone actually wants a beat up ship like this, I'll upload my shipboard file.

18. liack

liack Subatomic Cosmonaut

Could be interesting...the semi destroyed engine and basic configuration made me think of SS Serenity...if only the mechanic in the engine room was a brunette :p And adding a few male crewmembers as well...

19. ZenTheBest

ZenTheBest Void-Bound Voyager

someone needs to make the leviathan from farscape :p

20. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

Wouldn't be too hard; depending on what angle you did. probably be a lot of temple brick mixed with floran prison blocks/stuff.