1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED ZZ Mech Modifications 1.45

An expansion to XS Mechs!

1. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

You don't need to open it, .pak files are compressed folders so just drop it in your mods folder like any other mod.

jonathonspy likes this.
  2. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

3. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Hello, Starbound 1.2 hits and it looks like these stuffs are no longer available and caused errors in your recipes. I'm not sure if it's XS or ZZ though, so I posted both sides.
    'imperviumcompound', 'feroziumcompound' and 'refinedrubium'

Pinpointed errors :

[17:30:17.878] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_elitesigmamechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'imperviumcompound'
    [17:30:22.295] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_piraterhomechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'imperviumcompound'
    [17:30:22.961] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_rhomechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'feroziumcompound'
    [17:30:23.163] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_roninrhomechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'imperviumcompound'
    [17:30:23.366] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_thetamechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'refinedrubium'

4. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Those are all the controller names from XS Mechs, you may want to bring it up with him.

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

You don't really need a "priority" attribute. I believe this requires XS Mechs so a "requires" attribute does the job of making it load after(no matter the priority, nor if loaded from \mods\ or the workshop). "includes" does this too, but without requiring the other mod (although in this case I believe you do) and thus not generating an error without it.

That's nothing I'd push a new version for, but something to know for the next.

6. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Just figured I'd try it out as someone suggested, the version was pushed because they made a change to the game where "money" was no longer accepted as a gathering item for quests so i just made a quick fix to diamonds. Will give your suggestion a try though!

7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Interesting that "money" no longer works. "dubloon" is an option too, and you can buy them so it could basically be a swap for currency if you still preferred that route.

At a point for the shipyard I'm probably going to make people buy the other ships by handing a penguin(who is guarding the ships) a briefcase. The briefcase will be a handheld item that you craft with pixels (and maybe titanium). I feel it adds a certain shadiness that fits well.

8. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

WHOOPS. I accidentally left the medic mech shooting a WIP projectile...

9. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

ZimaZang updated ZZ Mech Modifications with a new update entry:

Update 1.3: XS P-01 Mk.I Power Suit!

Read the rest of this update entry...

bk3k, Ainzoal and Iroaseta like this.
  10. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ZimaZang, I think my friends ended up spawning a couple extra mechs and losing the controllers or something, but in any case, they've got the mechs in a little mech bay they've built, and.... well of course you can't repair them in that state, so I was chatting with them over things. It'd be nice to be able to repair them somehow. One of my earlier thoughts was a welder, but that'd likely be an energy-based thing, meaning free repairs since we recharge, so that's not good (unless someone can make a tool that won't work unless you've got a fuel item in your inventory), and one of them made a point that needing to visit the outpost shouldn't be taken away completely.

I then thought... ...what if we could buy repair kits? They shouldn't be too cheap, and also shouldn't be as effective as Rob Repairo, I suppose, but it'd be nice to be able to patch up on the go, especially if you're in survival mode and are deep down in a planet, busy working.

Also, er... do you think you can come up with some sorta.... slime-involving mech? Hehe... I don't know exactly how it'd work, but with various projectiles already in the game n' whatnot (like bubble projectiles that release liquid when they collide with stuff), maybe something could come to mind... though I'm fine at the moment with painting a Rho purple, I guess.

...#5500ff would be sorta neat...

11. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

I'm not sure if I could make a mobile repair thing. The main reason I haven't added a craftable repairo is because if you place a mech and repair it, you can place another mech and repeat this process to have multiple mechs available at the same time (kinda cheaty). There ARE ways to do that exploit even without a craftable repairo, but they take longer to do. Personally, I'd recommend just destroying those mechs and spawning in new mech controllers (or spawning the money to buy the mech again).

As for a slime mech, I can give it a go though not exactly sure how to make it look but functionality wise though I've got some ideas. I put off working on the mod for a while so I'm super far behind in mechs I said I'd do, might take me a while.

12. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Ainzoal likes this.
  13. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

How about an Explorer Power Suit?
    Able to fly a lot longer than any other mechs (long enough to reach asteroid field from the ground), equipped with flares as secondary to light up the underground and maybe a knife or something similar in term of range as a defensive devise?
    Maybe make it very vulnerable as well since it's made to explore not to war. :3

14. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually, to be specific, I was thinking of low-effect handheld repair kits that you'd apply directly to the mech rather than the controller itself. Their cost would have to be set properly in comparison to buying auto chips, I suppose.

As for the mech idea's appearance, maybe I can try to look up some images... and for power suits, what about looking at Fallout stuff for ideas? I think that's the one, isn't it? I just remember a friend streaming Garry's Mod, and climbing into the back of a power suit that had a wheel-like part on the back.

Not sure how much inspiration this is, but "slime" and "green" always works.
    [​IMG]

What else, uh...

An indie game called "Rex Rocket" has this slime mech boss, though said boss doesn't really shoot any slime from what I recall in a video.
    [​IMG]

Green is clearly a pattern here...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  15. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Explorer Power Suit is now done: https://gfycat.com/DecimalCluelessHyracotherium

I tweaked your suggestion a bit however. Rather than a blade, I went with a mining laser to be able to make holes you can fit through while exploring. As for the mech's stats, the mining laser does NO damage, but does cause the burning status effect on enemies it hits. The secondary are called spiked light grenades; they last for 60 seconds and during this time they will emit light in a small area. Additionally, they also explode on contact with enemies, so the suit isn't completely defenseless.

For speed, the mech walks/runs slightly faster than a normal power suit. The horizontal flight speed is still the same, but the vertical speed is double that of a normal suit, energy cost for flight is the same. It has half as much health as a normal suit, but SIGNIFICANTLY more armor.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Ainzoal, DraikNova and Iroaseta like this.
  16. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Also, the reason the mech has no headlight is because I changed the "nude" status effect on the power suits to "invisible" in order to hide the hair. The downside to this is that it hides all light-emitting status effects on the player.

Ainzoal likes this.
  17. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

@ZimaZang That's real great! I like the sticky flare a lot!
    Having no headlight isn't really a big issue anyway, since there's already flares around. :3
    I was actually a bit concerned about suggesting the a mining gun since it's conflicting with the mining mech but it looks like you've balanced it pretty well by giving it a smaller AoE!
    I think it looks real good for now, I might've a few more suggestions once I get a hand on the new toy. :nuruflirt:

18. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Good news! I figured out how to attach light sources to the vehicle itself so I can reapply the headlamp separately.

EDIT: Because of this, I was able to make the flashlight rotate with the guns, so it's now more effective.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Toa_Derax, bk3k and Iroaseta like this.
  19. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Good gosh this has satisfied such a need in my life. All I *need* now is a artillery spider walker capable of leveling a city

*need*- Want badly because I'm an annoying little twit

20. Squeeg

Squeeg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why not just go full Metal Gear, then?

Arra likes this.