1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED ZZ Mech Modifications 1.45

An expansion to XS Mechs!

1. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks for the feedback! I wanted to add the boxes to encourage more rewards for exploration, though wasn't 100% sure how often they'd spawn. I'll probably end up nerfing their spawn rates anyhow. I love the idea of adding a structure around them, though not sure what to make it yet. I'm not sure yet how rare I'll make them though, I don't want it to be too much of a chore to find color plates. Maybe a merchant who has a cycling inventory (like the frogg furnishing guy) and only sells 1 random color plate color every so often.

As for getting mechs in the boxes, I may add higher "tiers" of boxes to prevent mechs from spawning in them early on, though I'm pretty impressed you managed to find 2 of them so close to each other as they have a 1% (or less) spawn chance. Guess that's just the nature of rng. :)

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

The hitbox for the seige mode on the tau is odd, but it DID allow me to one-shot that lunar base boss who thinks he's all that and a bag of chips. Finally!

The thrusters are enough to keep the mech up on low gravity planets, but not high gravity ones. I'm guessing the xs mechs calculate the force needed to maintain altitude and this has a fixed value. But then it isn't unreasonable considering the size/mass of this thing. It isn't hard to imagine that it is just too heavy for the thrusters to maintain altitude.

All the same I love the tau.

Given the seriously excessive size of it, consider doing block damage upon landing based off collision speed or something like that.

3. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

ZimaZang updated ZZ Mech Modifications with a new update entry:

Update 1.2.2: Tau gun fix, D-V4 mech colors/changes and more!

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. johivas

johivas Yeah, You!

I haven't tried your mod yet, but for now I get this when starting a server: "Duplicate projectile asset typename xsm_heshellcasting. configfile /projectiles/xsm_heshell/xsm_heshellcasting.projectile"

Is it a problem? Should I delete or rename something? I don't think I got the patience to wait for your next update... Also, I know the way the game patches files, but I read someplace that implementing multi-mods random structures in biomes works badly, is that true? I wouldn't want another structure mod to be overwritten because your mod adds a chest here and there...

5. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

6. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

My bad! Should be fixed now, please let me know if any problems persist.

7. johivas

johivas Yeah, You!

Thanks for the quick repair.

8. Blazer1246

Blazer1246 Big Damn Hero

HELP
    how do i install the mod?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  9. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Navigate to your Starbound installation folder and there should be a folder called "mods". Drop the .pak file you downloaded into this folder and you're good to go. Don't forget though, this mod will NOT function without installing XS Mechs! http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/xs-mechs-vehicle-edition.3407/

10. Blazer1246

Blazer1246 Big Damn Hero

i have done mods before but... when i put the mod just in the mods folder it diddent work and i have the newest version of xs_mechs

11. Squeeg

Squeeg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why on earth did you try and open a .pak file?

12. johivas

johivas Yeah, You!

Why on earth would you mod starbound!

13. Blazer1246

Blazer1246 Big Damn Hero

14. Squeeg

Squeeg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm serious, though. If a mod is in a pak file, I usually just leave it well enough alone and put my faith in the guy who assembled it to have not forgotten anything. That's worked out okay so far.

15. johivas

johivas Yeah, You!

No problem with that, .pak files are better for transferring too, but personally i unpack every mods I download, I have over 50 mods installed and everything works so far...

Having the files unpacked permit me to modify mods to my personal preferences, which I do to quite a few mods. Thus the reason for my post, if people mod starbound to make it more enjoyable, then I don't know why we shouldn't have the right to mod the mods for our greater enjoyment. But I guess it is a question of risk taking too, if you want to totally remove personal responsibility in case something goes wrong, or if you don't trust your ability to tamper with the files, then by all mean don't unpack...

16. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Not like there's anything wrong with it, you can tweak any mod regardless of permissions. But if the mod asks you not to redistribute then you can't. Personally I don't mind as long as you don't redistribute the lua code, as that mostly belongs to LoPhatKao.

The only reason I pack my mod is for convenience of downloads/installation, but if you'd like a folder feel free to ask. I'll try to provide a link to a folder version of the download in the description on the next update for those who want it.

17. johivas

johivas Yeah, You!

As I said "personal" I distribute nothing... Sure the game use .pack files, for convenience as you said, but you either pack or zip or rar or wathever, all the same to me, and no need for a separate download, those who want it unpacked will surely find the tools to do it easily...

18. Aedris

Aedris Void-Bound Voyager

I am running a small dedicated server for my friends, I love mechs - and this is an absolutely necessary addition :D
    To make it easier for players to join and use your mod, may I include it in a small pack of mods?
    I will include credit for you along with a link back to the mod page within the pack.
    Thank you for your modding work!

19. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Yep, feel free! :)

20. animeoutlaw87

animeoutlaw87 Space Spelunker

Is there a reason why the download file is doing this? It did not do this with the XS Mech download....

Untitled.png

The Mod is only downloading as a .pak file, and wont let me open it using WinZip, or any other program to extract it....It makes no sense at all. I have no idea how anyone was even able to download and install the mod if it's doing this. All my other download files, if they are zip files, will open automatically with jZip.

However, with this, it wont associate it with any programs at all. And when you browse programs, it wont even let me select jZip as an option. Just Adobe and such. So I have no idea how to use this particular mod without exclusively going through the Steam Workshop, and subscribing to it.