1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED ZZ Mech Modifications 1.45

An expansion to XS Mechs!

1. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]

2. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Also, the mech doesn't have an alternate ability yet. gonna try to add something similar to defense matrix later on (if possible).

EDIT: For claification, this was a very rushed mech. I was busy with overwatch/work recently so didn't get time to make any of the suggested mechs. This one was thrown together in about 4 hours. Also, the pilot doesn't lay down in the mech yet like D.Va does, will try to fix that later.

Toa_Derax and jonathonspy like this.
  3. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

Still, looks good.

Only suggestion I can give, is make the legs thicker, if possible.

4. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

and the ability to crouch...
    and what were its alternate abilities in overwatch besides the explody thing?

5. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

I removed its ability to crouch intentionally, as thats part of the mech it references. As for the alt ability, I've gotta figure out how to implement something similar to defense matrix.

jonathonspy likes this.
  6. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe use similar mechanics to vanilla shields?

jonathonspy likes this.
  7. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

I wonder when we'll see a version of this on Steam? I'd love to play with these.

8. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

9. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Wasn't able to get defense matrix working like D.Va's does, so I made it push enemies away from you.

10. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

ZimaZang updated ZZ Mech Modifications with a new update entry:

Update 1.2: New Painting System, Supply Boxes, and More!

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. kodmarci

kodmarci Aquatic Astronaut

After i uninstalled, i can't open S.A.I.L.
    ERROR: Exception caught in client main-loop(MapException) key 'missionxsm_merchant' not found in Map::get()
    please help me!

12. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

THere is a warning about that in the description you know...

13. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

14. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

15. kodmarci

kodmarci Aquatic Astronaut

16. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just love this, especially the Tau Mech when I just want to go rambo because I'm constantly the healer on my server. But you must've heard it doesn't really fire where the cursor looks right? I'm not sure how hard that is to fix but an alternative way to fix it if it's hard is to maybe add some sort of laser pointer to the gun.

17. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

any chance to have it so that if you accidentally get out of hover mode, you can go back into it?

18. Squeeg

Squeeg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love the work you're doing here, but I have one tiny problem. The miner mech's manipulation area is just so small. Like, I know it's a small robot, but if there were a version or option to expand its operating area, that would be great. It's just a tiny gripe, as I'm otherwise completely satisfied with the work you've done already.

19. doggovincento

doggovincento Void-Bound Voyager

This is great, but I'm really not a big fan of the supply boxes everywhere. I just started a new character and the first things I found on the first little garden planet was 4 XS supply boxes just sitting on the grass, 2 of which had a mech in them, and I didn't even explore the planet fully yet.

Is there some way to turn these off for now? Perhaps there's a way to download 1.1 of this mod, the revision before the XS supply boxes?

Edit: Woops, I just found the version history part. didn't know thats a thing. Still, I'll let the feedback stand!

20. Vicviper

Vicviper Void-Bound Voyager

So still loving the mod but i got something to say:

The thing i hate or just irks me is the xs supply crates and that there everywhere and just don't seem to fit well with the environment. There supply crates... so what are they supplying? I personally think having a unique structure or minibiome like a crashed spaceship, xs factory, xs warehouse, and having them spawn on or near other structures on planets that have signs of civilization: like toxic ocean worlds, scorched, radioactive/mutated, and then a small chance on other planets. That way you have worlds where there no supply crates and worlds where you'll stumble across abondoned xs structures where there might only be one or several. Adds a sense of accomplishment and having a supply crate there fits in with the environment.

Thats just my 2 cents.