RELEASED Zhuria's Horse Edits & Recolours

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by Zhuria, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

I can do that as well :)

This is so much easier now that I know everyone is on the same version :rofl: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9uo47mqnybn59e6/Cursors.xnb

All three combined :)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/6v96cl8n4qnpa2d/Cursors.xnb

• CosyAlligator

CosyAlligator Aquatic Astronaut

• Meliha

Meliha Orbital Explorer

• curi0

curi0 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you for these, I'm totally gonna use them! Are you familiar with farm life or something? You seem to know more about these animals breeds and the likes.. their look are kinda interesting too.

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

My mom's family has been a farming family since forever :D My grandfather had cattle (Herefords), sheep, pigs, chickens, turkeys, etc., though I only remember the cows and chickens mostly. I wanted to be a cow when I grew up, as a kid.. LOL. Additionally I own 3 horses and did rabbits in 4-H. The whole area I live in (in Nova Scotia) is full of farms; lots of dairy farms too.

I don't know everything but what I don't know I google :rofl:

Edit: And here's what I've been working on today:

[​IMG]

Edit: Now available!

Better Pig v2.1
        [​IMG]
        A more drastic edit where I have still tried to stay true to the vanilla textures but have gone for a more realistic look. (fixed shadows and lowered belly 1 pixel for version 2.1)
        Download

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
          Himbeerninja and curi0 like this.
        • krookodilehunter

krookodilehunter Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your version 2 pig looks so much more like a truffle pig! Though it looks a little too skinny to me, like it should have more of a rounder belly? Great work either way. :>

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Hmmm maybe! Basically I was trying to make it look less fat and more longer in the body since I only had so much horizontal space to work with (I literally was able to go 1 pixel wider and I used it on the snout :rofl:)

Yunix likes this.
            • krookodilehunter

krookodilehunter Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Zhuria likes this.
            • Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I getcha. It's just a lil too skinny/flat(?) for a piggly to me personally. This is a truffle hog which honestly you have down. But they still have a more rounded belly:

[​IMG]

Not saying you SHOULD make it rounder. It still looks awesome. Just something I noticed!

Zhuria likes this.
              • endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You work fast! These rabbit recolors are amazing. Great work!! I love the various Dutch rabbits such as the Blue Dutch one.

Zhuria likes this.
                • Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

Yeah, the belly 1 pixel down and it would be perfect i think.
                  You do awesome work! Keep it up! Can't wait to see baby rabbit or dinosaurus... :D

Zhuria likes this.
                  • Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

I'll try lowering the belly 1 pixel and see how it looks!

Thanks guys for all the feedback!

• Himbeerninja

Himbeerninja Void-Bound Voyager

So much piggy luv today <3 Finally gets a rework from so much modders. LOVE U ALL <3

Zhuria likes this.
                      • Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

My bad, had an issue with shadows showing up on the top of other animation frames with the new pig. Fixed and also lowered the belly by 1 pixel! You guys were right, it looks better :)

Better Pig v2.1
                        [​IMG]
                        A more drastic edit where I have still tried to stay true to the vanilla textures but have gone for a more realistic look. (fixed shadows and lowered belly 1 pixel for version 2.1)
                        Download

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
                          Vixxi, Meevers, Yunix and 1 other person like this.
                        • Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

Yeah, this realy looks better. You rock!

Zhuria likes this.
                          • sarrakai

sarrakai Space Hobo

So I don't know if there's some reason that this is unfeasible, but it would be mega awesome if we could replace our pets entirely with something else. Like instead of a dog... pet hippo, or maybe a charmander. That would be the coolest.

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Well, it's totally possible. You just either need a) sprites from a different game (or just already made) or b) to make new ones from scratch. It's more work and why I decided to just edit the vanilla horse into Ponyta instead of making a new one from scratch or using other sprites - which I did try, but when you have a set space to work with, and specific frames of animation needed, it can be hard to make premade sprites work, which is why I gave up nearly every time I tried to use premade sprites.

If you gave me one specific thing you wanted (what animal do you want changed into what other animal/thing), I can see what I can do and try my hardest to make it work. :)

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I scrolled through all the pages and did not see inventory heads for Ponyta, Unicorn, or the Palomino horses like the Friesian and Epona horses have. Would it be too much to ask for these starting with the Palomino? Thank you :giggle: