RELEASED Zhuria's Horse Edits & Recolours

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by Zhuria, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Added to my list! I've been putting off doing a leopard appaloosa because the spots are soo hard to do in this scale, but this one might be a lot easier :D

Strange! You'd think XNB Node would be consistent all around! I'm in Windows 7 myself. No problem :)

I'm on it!

Meevers and Superior_s like this.
    • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Cool thanks.

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Unrelated issue: I'm trying to replace the png for the farmhouse_tiles.Xnb and I've done it with gimp but in game my window inside my house is grayish and all pixelated. Any advice?

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Weird! That sounds similar to apyja's issue. No advice, sorry, I have no idea what's causing it :(

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Well that's super disappointing. Thanks anyway about to try out the horse just have to wait for the stable to be built

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Now I'm really confused I put back the original file that hadn't been touched and the window still looks like that.
              Edit: troubleshooting ftw. It was the cursors.Xnb that was causing it. Sorry to spam your thread just letting you know.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
              • Bybesy

Bybesy Tentacle Wrangler

Its so cute <3 Thanks

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

No problem! It was the cursors apyja was having an issue with too!

If you guys ever need me to fix/unpack/pack anything like that for you, let me know. It takes me two seconds and I don't mind doing it :)

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Have you edited the cursor.xnb before?

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Yup! And haven't had that issue.

Superior_s likes this.
                      • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

What program do you use to edit it? And what are your settings for saving it as a PNG?

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Photoshop and I save as PNG-24 with transparency enabled

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

I'll edit this in a minut, I'm going to check this out real fast.
                            Yea I'm not finding png-24 in my save options. I'm in photoshop what is the prefix thing like with pngs it's Portable Network graphics(.png.pns)

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Don't just "save" or "save as", go to "save for web" :)

Superior_s likes this.
                              • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Yea... I googled it, thanks for letting me know all of this though this though.

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Transparency is enabled by default so, do you just save it with default settings on png-24? Sorry this is the last question.

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Yep! And don't worry, I don't mind questions :D

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

OK now I have a different issue the window has random black pixels on it all I did was change the dog and horse icon. Saved as png-24, transparency box checked, interlaced unchecked, convert to sRGB checked, Metadata none, quality bicubric. Do you know what I'm doing wrong I just cut the icons perfectly out of the original image, pasted into the original cursors PNG, merged the paste layer down, then saved, and repacked it as an Xnb?

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

That's really weird. I know a lot of people are speculating it's related to XNB Node somehow extracting the files wrong or something.

Try it with mine and see if it does the same thing: http://www.mediafire.com/view/zfgu6c5amc636k4/Cursors..png