1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Zelda OOT - Gerudo Valley (ensemble arrangement)

Discussion in 'Musical Instruments' started by necrate, Jan 2, 2014.

1. necrate

necrate Master Chief

Description
    This is an arrangement of Gerudo Valley for band play. It was arranged to be close to the original version, with a single repeat in the body. I'm releasing this because it's as good as I can get it with the currently buggy abc playback in Starbound and hopefully someone will enjoy it with their friends.

I designed this especially for Starbound, so I put in all the necessary workarounds for the issues in Angry Koala.

Possible Bugs
    I have had some problems with synchronization with bandmates and not being able to hear every part played by my friends, although they all work fine locally. If someone has advice regarding these problems, I will update the files assuming I can fix them. I spent too much time trying to figure it out already, so I'm just going to see how they update the game.

Balance Issues
    There are some issues with volume balancing because of the MIDI-style playback and natural intensity differences between octaves. For example, the rhythm part played on acoustic guitar will largely drown out the lead part on acoustic guitar. I could have played around with octaves to make it sound better, but I don't think it's worth it. Maybe try different instruments instead of double acoustic guitar?

Parts Arrangement
    This is arranged for 2 acoustic guitars, a trumpet, a bass guitar, and a drum kit. The trumpet part is very sparse, so I added an additional "solo melody" part, which is basically a combination of the trumpet and lead parts. I wanted the arrangement to be accessible to as few people as possible.

This is what I had in mind for ensemble composition:
    1 person: play the solo melody (although there are probably better versions to play the entire song solo)
    2 people: solo melody, rhythm
    3 people: solo melody, rhythm, (bass or percussion)
    4 people: solo melody, rhythm, bass, percussion
    5 people: lead, rhythm, trumpet, bass, percussion

Parts List

• Lead Guitar
    • Rhythm Guitar
    • Trumpet
    • Bass
    • Percussion
    • Solo Melody

Veracity
    I tried to keep close to the original. The lead acoustic guitar part plays the role of the 2nd trumpet during the serenade stack to avoid another part (the 2nd trumpet would only have that one line and trumpet players normally can't play chords, so I didn't put them both into the trumpet part). The percussion was by far the most difficult because of the unique sound and dynamics in the original song. That level of music is not attainable in this format, so I tried to mimic the part as best as I could.

Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/7jxw90bbbu54t2i/zelda_gerudo_valley.zip
    Tested with v. Angry Koala 23/12/2013

I hope it works for you!