1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Your NPC names

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Juice Box, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Juice Box

Juice Box Pangalactic Porcupine

Not too sure if this has been done before, but I want to know what some of you guys named you NPC's.
    I named mine after my IRL name, was just wondering what you named yours and the reason why.
    I take interest outta this stuff.

2. Juice Box

E.g: Jack Smith, it's my IRL name

3. Bairy

Bairy Tentacle Wrangler

Jack Smith is your real name? That's...really really generic! Most people would think you were joking and that it was was fake :DD
    That's neat. I would name my NPC something along the lines of "Bairy" because I would just have to, or I would also go with my real name or a variation.
    Can't actually name an npc as I don't have the money for that, but I figured I'd add to the thread nonetheless!

Coramnis likes this.
  4. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

I used this name. I'm thinking of changing it though.

5. whatsup747

whatsup747 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Leroy Jenkins.... such a great name

Kish likes this.
  6. Juice Box

Yeah it's my real name, lol

7. Patchouli

Patchouli Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I still haven't completely decided on what to name my NPC. With not being able to pick the gender/race that it will go for, I'm not sure what would be a good universal name to go with. I half considered going with Patchouli, but I'm not sure how I feel about possibly running into myself :cautious:

Currently have it set to "Tahria" which is an original character of mine, but it might be weird being other races (or a male), so I've been trying to think of what else to possibly use.

8. Juice Box

I don't really care if I turn out to be a female piece of turd, as long as my name is in there :p

9. IReallyHateYouPeople

IReallyHateYouPeople Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm gonna add my own name too
    Will be fun to be roaming about and then suddenly see someone with my name

10. Bairy

Bairy Tentacle Wrangler

Tahria seems fine as any race to me, robot/plant/human/bird, it fits all in my mind, I like it.

Patchouli would most likely be copyrighted by The Touhou Project though right? Maybe not though, knowing the Touhou content put into a lot of games, I don't know Touhous copyright rules.

11. Patchouli

Not really. If I made it "Patchouli Knowledge", maybe, but "Patchouli" on it's own is nothing that can be copyright.

Also, "Tahria" without any context is fine, but she's part a very human looking race. Only visual differences for the most part is hair color, eye color, and the fact that males lack an adam's apple. So her being say, a bird, would kind of weird me out >.> But I suppose it's not too big of a deal, if I can get my mind off that and just go with the name because it sounds nice.

12. Juice Box

Really?
    I'd LMAO if I saw him out there somewhere.

whatsup747 likes this.
  13. Thatpeaoverthere

Thatpeaoverthere Void-Bound Voyager

I'm gonna be LITTLEGREENGUY

14. whatsup747

whatsup747 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yes and I would laugh too. Then I would take him prisoner to be my slave!

15. Flevalt

Flevalt Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm going to name it Flevalt.
    Not sure how this whole inputting of the name data works though.

16. Juice Box

I was thinking of using caps, do you think I should?

17. MrHiggle

MrHiggle Existential Complex

I wish my name was Jack smith :3 such an awesome name! :D

Jonesy and Juice Box like this.
  18. Flevalt

Flevalt Pangalactic Porcupine

Got nothin against caps but I know a lot of people who do. Better don't use caps lol

19. Juice Box

Also just one more question that doesn't relate to this topic, most of you are "Space hobo's" and stuff, how do i get that?

20. Patchouli

All I did is make about 3 posts and it changed from "Mop" to "Space hobo".

Juice Box likes this.