1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Your Most HATED Boss

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zezarict, May 10, 2013.

1. Zezarict

Zezarict Big Damn Hero

I've only played about 5 runs maybe, but all have been ended by the Legendary Wisp (Ancient Wisp), if you don't pay attention to names...well it's the colossal humanoid purple flamed wisp. Is this a guaranteed boss on the 2nd level or am I just unlucky? xD

• Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

You're just unlucky. The bosses that give me trouble are the Wandering Vagrants, especially the variants that damage you when you touch them. The Cremators are also annoying, especially when more than one show up.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

Indeed the Cremator is annoying in a way. I like its concept but it's definitely like a more difficult version of the vagrant to fight. I have not seen yet how it reacts in conjunction with the unstable watch though. In the demo I have noticed that the Vagrant will just attack immediately when the clock ends, giving you no time to react and sometimes killing you immediately. The ancient wisp used to be my least favorite boss, but I think the Cremator can now take that spot. I don't dislike it, but it's definitely a difficult one to get through, especially in the chasm with the low ceiling.

• hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

Both the Vagrant and the Cremator should work fine with the Watch now.

Reciful and Rawrquaza like this.
          • pitfall

pitfall Big Damn Hero

I really hate both the Vagrant and the Worms. They both just take way too long to kill.

KenboCalrissian likes this.
            • Zezarict

Zezarict Big Damn Hero

Haha, I actually think the Magma Worm is the easiest boss so far :)

• pitfall

pitfall Big Damn Hero

Yeah, he doesn't deal any damage really, but it's annoying trying to kill something you only get a couple seconds to hit every 10 seconds or so.
                Then again, I tend to use the Miner, so it's harder for me. I love the watch for how helpful it is against bosses, but I keep the Fruit so I can really tank.

• Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

The cremator is kinda easy IMO on HAN-D. He can just push everyone that spawns into the lava while punching and hammering them and get practically infinite drones.

My least favorite boss is probably Ancient Wisp, especially when you get 3-4 of them at once X.X

• Restarter000

Restarter000 Intergalactic Tourist

Cremator was definitely annoying, but I still have to vote Vigrants as most hated by me.

• gangwarily

gangwarily Astral Cartographer

Vagrant by a long shot! The likelihood of me having a bad run goes up significantly when I get the Vagrant as the first boss.

Pastuleio likes this.
                      • Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

The Worms are the most annoying boss to me, but for now, I think I'll have to say Cremator too - his artillery is real bad in that it can even hit you if you're not in the position of where it tells you it'll hit, which seems a little unfair to me, seeing as the boss can that way hit you all the way across the map. Han-D an the broken Watch Item are both excellent counters, but what if you're not playing as him or have the privelege of having that Item...? ;)

The Electric Vagrant is also pretty bad.

(And when I say that I mean he's bad for my health. :p He's actually pretty neat.)

• QuickNFatal

QuickNFatal Tentacle Wrangler

Cremator... My first run I got that far and I managed to get 6 cremators at once... not only did it slow my poor little computer down to hell it also broke all my drones and had me rollin'rollin'rollin' all day. :p

• vexxed

vexxed Space Penguin Leader

Yup Cremator for me too! Find it so difficult to avoid their damage as it explodes on hit which really adds a lot of area to where it's barrage hits (As in an arc from where they were fired to where they are targeted is a no go zone).

• KenboCalrissian

KenboCalrissian Master Chief

Magma Worm just takes way too long to kill, and isn't even threatening. It would be cool if it did something different every once in a while that made it both more vulnerable and more dangerous - like poke its head up and shoot magma balls at you or something!

• Poppy

Poppy Phantasmal Quasar

Can I post here even though I'm playing the (apparently older) demo?

I'll just keep it brief, the vagrant is WAY too hard, and the magma worm, as other people said, is neither interesting nor threatening by itself.

pitfall likes this.
                                • Shrooblord

This reminds me of the Pin/Scolex bosses from the Binding of Isaac. But maybe it should shoot fireballs once in a while.

• Combiecola

Combiecola Space Hobo

The Vagrant can get extremely difficult to kill and does a lot of damage. The Magma Worm takes FOREVER to kill since it keeps going underground. Also, (I can remember the exact name) the boar that comes out instead of the Cremator past level 4 is really difficult because its fast and deals damage just by walking around.

• Shrooblord

Every boss has its weaknesses. The Vagrant isn't actually that hard, as long as you remember to dodge its attacks when they come. You just need to get into the general rhythm of when it attacks, and remember that as you whittle down its HP, its attacks grow more frequent. You'll be fine. I almost only take damage against it when I'm being cocky and can't be arsed to move.

• Fox0427

Fox0427 Big Damn Hero

I can't even get to the boss of the second level. Those stupid teleporting ninja imp things always kill me.

• Shrooblord

Yep. The Black Imps are pretty bad. Luckily you get better over time and learn to deal with them. ;)