1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Your Feedback on a preorder

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shrapos

Shrapos Space Spelunker

I really love the soundtracks for the game, they can really bring out emotions and add to the game. I cant stress how excited I am for beta and the release!!!!!!!

2. RukasuSama

RukasuSama Void-Bound Voyager

Preorder done... downloading soundtrack now : )

3. Juice Box

Juice Box Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm willing to buy his food and cook it for him it Starbound turns out to be amazing. (WHICH IT WILL)

4. Flevalt

Flevalt Pangalactic Porcupine

Can't wait to pre-order.

You should also make it available to pay through paysafe cards.
    They are easily accessible and especially handy for people who don't trust paypal or don't use credit cards(e.g. EU).

5. Elenoe

Elenoe Big Damn Hero

who in EU don't use CC's? (and does not have debit which works same way?) Above all of that Paypal account is chargeable by local bank transfer for most countries (if not all) in EU.

6. Flevalt

Credit cards in the EU are not common like in the US. They are at best used by people who go outside their own country often(for whatever purpose) or by business men. They use their local bank accounts for most business(mostly even national banks). You won't see your everyday worker using a CC.
    And many European citizens don't trust paypal, especially with recent ongoing data espionage through 00,01 Cent Boni rip-offs.

7. Ario08

Ario08 Star Wrangler

Just preordered the game and want to say that soundtrack is awesome! :)

8. Netrolf

Netrolf Void-Bound Voyager

Yes the soundtrack is amazing. Especially "Vast, Immortal Suns" !

9. Elias Hernandez

Elias Hernandez Void-Bound Voyager

I think u guys sho

I think u guys should release now :D

10. Tom Baker

Tom Baker Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh wow the soundtrack is amazing, cant wait for the beta to launch!

11. FreeSmile

FreeSmile Phantasmal Quasar

I don't know which country in Europe you are from but in my country (from EU as well) and several others I visited I can assure you almost everyone use CC even teenagers has their own!

But I agree that giving more choices to people in your situation is always a good thing, I suppose.

Now about the specific of this topic, the preorder system with the kickstarter design for the tier is nice, I support the idea and hopefully you'll garner a lot of funds. Keep up the good work.

12. Sponky

Sponky Space Hobo

Donation here i come! :D

13. dragonsupremacy

dragonsupremacy Space Hobo

Just pre-ordered Gold. Can't wait to explore the stars :D

14. Elenoe

Elenoe Big Damn Hero

please stop speaking for EU and tell the country. I live in Czech Republic. Remnant of formal easter block. And EVERYBODY has pay card, children included. Yes, mostly debit ones. How could they get money they earn without that? Time cash was delivered in workplace is long gone. Same for Slovakia. Also that about Paypal is first time I hear that. People don't trust internet payments.. but looking at the statistics that seems not to be true either for last 3 years.

And as I've said. People, who don't trust their card number to Paypal or they can't/want to change card limit for every transaction, are still using local bank transfer to Paypal account. It takes longer, but works fine.

15. Flevalt

Well first of all.
    You say debit and credit cards are essentially the same thing. As an economy student I can't disagree more.
    If the debit and credit cards were the same thing then how come I can't directly pay for Starbound with a debit card, yet I can pay with a credit card?
    It's cause, even though you may not know the difference between the 2, they work very differently.

Debit cards draw the money directly from your checking account when you buy something. The merchant sends in the transaction to their bank and it is transferred to the merchants account. Transactions from a debit card usually take a few days which may also lead to overdraw your bank account.

Credit cards however allow you to borrow money. You don't draw money from your own bank account. The credit card company then charges you interest on your purchases(usually at the end of the month). You'll only get a credit card if the bank is sure you're able to take charges financially.

Aside from that you always pay an annual fee for a credit card. Which isn't necessarily the case for a debit card and if it is, it's always smaller than that of a credit card.

And secondly.
    Why can't I speak for the EU when the entire EU is what I mean? I'm from Germany but it doesn't really matter.
    I'm sure even what FreeSmile thinks of are debit cards and not actual credit cards. What kind of teenager would run around with a credit card after all? Nobody would hand him that unless he's got a respectable income already. Even in the US that's uncommon.

However aside from this whole issue of credit cards, back to my original point being, it's always good to have more options. I'm sure anyone can agree with that. Hence why I suggested the paysafe card method. No idea why you need to make such a drama out of that.

16. 1brian01

1brian01 Aquatic Astronaut

preorder:game and steamcode,beta,soundtrack. where do i sigh!!!

17. Breakout

Breakout Big Damn Hero

Preordered: Can"t wait to listen to the soundtrack.

18. Arindis

Arindis Orbital Explorer

Yep I am from Czech Republic too and donĀ“t have with pay any problems :D 3 Day before i buy Starbound i have make amazon account for kickstarter projects.

19. 5Sadams

5Sadams Void-Bound Voyager

Very awesome idea. Worked great.

20. echopeus

echopeus Starship Captain

Tiy you has my monies, now feed your peepz... :)
    --gratz btw i knew this was going to go well--

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.