1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Your Feedback on a preorder

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

Respect for the devotation with such high cash support you given!

2. Baleine

Baleine Big Damn Hero

Hey Sparky. I don't know you or how your wallet is behaving but here's my two cents.

When it comes to games, (say big corporations games), I usually don't mind putting down 65 bucks (50€ exactly) into a game that really appeal me (eg Skyrim, GTAs, Assasin's creed), and I can see that I play around a hundred hours with it (sometimes less).
    With indie games like Terraria, Starbound and suchs, the price is more like 10-20$, ergo if I just play 20-40 hours with it, the ratio hours played/price is met.

For a concrete example, I bought Skyrim 50€ and played 133h with it (which make a ratio 2.66h/€) and I don't play it anymore. With Terraria (which I still play) I'm at 110 hours with 5€ spent, which make a ratio of 22h/€. Even if I would have bought it 20€, that would have made a ratio twice as high as my Skyrim ratio, hence it still would have been a great deal.

I cannot be sure how long I would play Starbound, but I have clues that I should be very happy with it, and even if I just play 50 hours with it, paying it 15$ would still be a deal.

That's how I work with video games, but sometimes I'm making impulse buys that turns out to be good or bad deal. Do it like you feel, but 15$ isn't very much money for a game you may play 100+h (I even think that would be a lot more for me, as I played 340h with X-3)

Iroza likes this.
  3. XxOsurfer3xX

XxOsurfer3xX Void-Bound Voyager

Terraria was an awesome game, spent 5 € on it and played more than 70 hours, this game looks even deeper and with more variety. I don't think 15$ is asking too much. I think its a steal... Some developers are charging 50 $ for 6 hour games.

4. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

Agreed Terraria made easily me to spend +100 hours into it until killing last boss. For the special sale 2.49 € price tag i feel shamed to spend so much time in such great game with so low price.

5. TheKillerNacho

TheKillerNacho Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Erm, thanks. I just really love what I see, have a stable job, and want to support this amazing game. Making a gun is cool too.

Side note: I've been listening to the soundtrack and it sounds AMAZING. I can't wait for this game!!

Quantum likes this.
  6. branson

branson Tentacle Wrangler

I looked back at the FAQ and read the "no symbols" part. That's reassuring, but there's still the chance of, "asfdjkl" or "vikjhsdklfhsdklghsf".

Mastaf likes this.
  7. Zurayda

Zurayda Aquatic Astronaut

Gogogogo! Almost there, consider me pre-ordered ;)

8. DaPeezi

DaPeezi Master Chief

Well basically those who want give the Devs Money now have a chance, myself included. I'm fine with paying those making a game and take some pressure off of their shoulders when they give the option to do so. I mean it is a question of sales and you cannot make everybody happy. Some will always troll or behave like pussies (no, really - you get my point). I'm really looking forward to the game and I'm also glad to help even it's just a little... Yay, you found food in the table!

9. Mastaf

Mastaf Big Damn Hero

Are you guys going to tell the devs to insert to credits your real names or nicknames?

10. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

Im fine with real name. If you choose go for nickname. To be honest i think its matter of personal choice. Its honor were it nickname or realname ^_^

11. Elenoe

Elenoe Big Damn Hero

seriously thinking to put there both actually :)

12. canbecoffee

canbecoffee Orbital Explorer

Im gonna put my real name . LIKE A BOSS :gooby:

whatsup747 likes this.
  13. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

I think names like "asldhljgf" should be auto disqualified, so if you try to submit a dumb name you should lose your right to add one : / just my thought though. If they are nice they'll probably just reject it until it's not something dumb.

14. Baleine

Baleine Big Damn Hero

I've gone for my real name and a nickname like this : first "nick" last (like the simpsons credits on halloween shows)

15. ZPGames

ZPGames Big Damn Hero

How will you send us the game? Donload link, e-mail with product code, or that link you gave us and you put it on there and make it copy/paste. Is there anyway you can resend the e-mail to us if we accidentaly deleted it?

16. Baleine

Baleine Big Damn Hero

On the humblebundle page linked in the email you get after preordering, there is a section where you'll be able to download the game when it'll be available.
    I highly suggest you to back-up the mail and the url of the page (which don't seems to require any kind of login).

17. gaminji

gaminji Void-Bound Voyager

Well, if you have a Humble Bundle account(from buying humble bundles), you can link Starbound to it so you can just bookmark your account page and wait there for the download to show up.

18. kamesennin

kamesennin Starship Captain

Agreed. Terraria is pretty awesome. I paid 2.50 for it at the time. But Starbound will be 10x Terraria in content easily, therefore 10x the price shouldn't be unreasonable. So if anything $15 is a steal of a deal :p

19. datachasm

datachasm Space Hobo

$45 was a great deal for me... still, i would like to see more stretch goals and rewards! i got the fundraising fever again!

20. Blankness

Blankness Void-Bound Voyager

Seems a bit harsh?

Also preordering is great for us Europeans because it doesn't do that 15$ = 15€ thingy steam does.

Starbound for €11.82 woo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.