Your Favorite "Video Game Logic" Part of Stardew Valley

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rmd64, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Opening your mailbox to find bundles of hay, large stones, huge batteries, and the like in it.

Arlem, laprilla and lilly_ampleton like this.
    • Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I will say my second favorite thing is apparently my rabbits love me so much they give me their feet. And at this rate I've gotten 9 feet from two rabbits. >_>''''

• Arqane

Arqane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Of course the old RPG standard that no one even bothers with anymore... gold tools actually being useful. It would be fun to see a gold pickaxe in action IRL, just to see the thing flatten against almost any kind of stone. Gold pickaxe -> Gold hammer really quickly.

laprilla, Gramstaal, Wolfride and 4 others like this.
        • mrobake

mrobake Zero Gravity Genie

The yole olde foods cures magic:

[​IMG]

Lil' Mini likes this.
          • Wildroses

Wildroses Void-Bound Voyager

The first time I found Lewis's lucky purple shorts I ended up running around the paths to and in Pelican town with them above my head until I found Lewis, and apparently it still counted as 'returning them discreetly' because all Lewis cared about was I didn't tell anyone where I found them.

Arlem, Reneeisxena, laprilla and 4 others like this.
            • Joft

Joft Orbital Explorer

(This isn't really video game logic but it really irks me) Tomatoes are classified under vegetables, yet in a cutscene, when Demetrius is asked to buy some fruit, he buys tomatoes, because they are biologically fruits. They don't even mislabel tomatoes consistently. Sometimes they are fruits. Sometimes they aren't.

Melian, farmvillesux and Charade like this.
              • Indigo Rose

Indigo Rose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The tomato vegetable/fruit thing isn't specifically a Stardew Valley thing. From a purely botanical/biological perspective, tomatoes are fruit. However, from a culinary perspective they are generally considered vegetables.

sistermonkey and mrobake like this.
                • Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Even better, it's fertilized or not, depending on what you do with it. This is really Schrödinger's Eggs

• rmd64

rmd64 Subatomic Cosmonaut

How about the fact
                    I find it funny how they consider hot peppers fruit (which they are), and it mentions the tomato fruit thing, but doesn't recognize the fact that pumpkins and eggplants are fruits as well, not to mention some other ones

laprilla likes this.
                    • Tyrian

Tyrian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Clint proudly proclaims how one of his weapons could easily deal with one of those skeletons in the cage at Spirit's Eve, but doesn't actually sell any weapons.

Arlem, laprilla, Wolfride and 2 others like this.
                      • SunTide

SunTide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That quest is completely insane. If you're having a secret affair with someone, and you accidentally leave an article of clothing in their bedroom, the discrete way of handling it is to either pick it up the next time you visit, or have them return it to you directly. What's not discrete is contacting a totally unrelated third party and having them sneak into her bedroom and steal the clothes for you. That makes no sense.

Arlem, laprilla, EltonScone and 2 others like this.
                        • everfreefire

everfreefire Big Damn Hero

Maybe he's hoping she didn't notice she had them, or somehow forgot where he had left them?

Wolfride likes this.
                          • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

He's genuinely surprised when you return them... So maybe he had to flee mid or post coitus and forgot his shorts?

EltonScone, Warriorcat15 and Wolfride like this.
                            • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

There's the chance that Marnie could have nagged Lewis into hiring a henchman into taking the shorts, lmao

• Wildroses

Wildroses Void-Bound Voyager

I've got to say, some of the things people want to put on their great-grandfather's grave are pretty odd. Jodi and Caroline wanted red and purple mushrooms, which I thought was a bit odd but could accept. Hey, people put flowers on graves so mushrooms aren't as big a stretch. Maybe they were just keen on mushrooms in life.

Then Demetrious put a notice up saying he wanted an octopus to put on his great-grandfather's grave. I'm sorry, but I'm drawing the line there. That's ridiculous. Not ridiculous enough that I didn't give it to him though. I had one in my chest, and I wanted the gold and friendship.

Arlem, laprilla, EltonScone and 5 others like this.
                                • everfreefire

everfreefire Big Damn Hero

Demetrius's Great-Grandfather died in the Octopus invasion many years back. Now, ever year, they make sure to present a murdered octopus to show that they still are seeking vengeance for the loss.

Also, that is why the jellyfish come visit. The town saved them from the Octopus, and they are thanking the town.

Arlem, taco360, Reneeisxena and 8 others like this.
                                  • Giant Octopodes

Giant Octopodes Industrial Terraformer

For me the moment when I had to take a step back and remind myself it's just a game was similar to the fishing in the mines thing- it was when fishing in the secret woods. I was pulling up broken glasses and CDs and other trash along with the fish that, per its description, is "A very sensitive fish that can only live in pools deep in the forest." First of all, how were they even getting to the secret woods to throw away this stuff in there? Second of all, if this hole is just as garbage filled as every other pond and ocean in this town of litterbugs, why does it make a difference?!?

The other thing that I found a little odd is how everyone says they go to Jojomart for the prices, but Even With a membership, there is absolutely NOTHING there that is cheaper than it is at Pierre's! I mean, I could see it if it was closer, but why walk right past somewhere with equivalent prices and a superior selection? Are they that addicted to Joja Cola? Do they just feel like idiots for having bought the membership and now feel the need to try to go there to justify the expense? It's just odd.

laprilla, Gramstaal, Wolfride and 2 others like this.
                                    • Arqane

Arqane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The description on the Galaxy Sword - "It's unlike anything you've ever seen."

It's purple. It's a sword. You aim the sharp end at the other guy. Yep, think I've seen something like it before.

• DragonBorn5

DragonBorn5 Great Scott!

I like that the towns people say that if i do realy good at my farm i may boost the local economie even if i earned over 10 mil :proper:

and i like that you never talk to your mom again even when you get married and earn a butt ton of money even when she asks you in the mail that if your a millionair that you dont forget about here:nope:

• mrobake

mrobake Zero Gravity Genie

This. Sometimes I wonder if they are even exist. Not even visiting their child on their marriage, child birth, or anything.

Arlem, laprilla, EltonScone and 2 others like this.