Your Favorite "Video Game Logic" Part of Stardew Valley

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rmd64, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

And where do you think all that fertilizer comes from? Don't you realize that "sap" is a euphemism?

farmvillesux, Gabaw and mrobake like this.
    • mrobake

mrobake Zero Gravity Genie

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait... hold up the phone. No way. Uh huh. Nope nope nope nope.

I once made my farmer consume A LOT to see what happened if you passed out in Penny's house :whaaat:

• rmd64

rmd64 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh snap! My first year I put sap in the soup at Luau because there was no other edibles in my inventory. My baad

• Indigo Rose

Indigo Rose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How about the fact that every major body of water in town apparently contains a limitless supply of odd treasure? Or the fact that you can fish hundreds of busted CDs out of the tiny pond on your farm? No seriously, did grandpa get a new CD every day and throw it in the pond after listening to it? I guess it would explain why his house was so small and worn-down despite how lucrative farming is in SDV. He spent all his money on CDs...

• Arqane

Arqane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The fact that fish shrink the longer you take to catch them. Apparently they put up so much of a fight that they lose a few inches of length. Or you can look at it the other way... the fish magically grow if you catch them in a perfect 10 seconds.

laprilla, Wolfride, Gabaw and 2 others like this.
            • primm

primm Phantasmal Quasar

The most realistic part of this game is how you can have one conversation with someone before they decide to ignore you the rest of that day.
              Chopping items to regain them in your inventory. I'd not try this IRL.
              People repeating the same line over and over again at the saloon on friday nights. When I have nothing interesting to add, I usually just shut up, but that's me.
              You can look at the opposite direction of your foe and still (critically) hit them.
              Chopping wood, cutting stone and fishing takes up energy in this game. Yet, you can swing an incredibly heavy club around for hours upon hours without a single sweat :cautious:

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Fishing up CDs in the mine lakes. *Oh, I'm 60 floors down the mine, time to get rid of that CD and throw it in the underground lake!* Really??

lilly_ampleton and Gabaw like this.
                • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

Carrying dozens upon dozens of living fish.... in your backpack....

lilly_ampleton and Filthy Casual like this.
                  • sakserv

sakserv Void-Bound Voyager

I assumed they were all "1000 hours Free" AOL CD's from back in the 90s... That should have given Grandpa a nearly unlimited supply to skip across the ponds on his property.

buttons37, Aurrelia, Wolfride and 3 others like this.
                    • everfreefire

everfreefire Big Damn Hero

This is something that I really wish wasn't the case. I *know* there are some conversations I haven't seen, but I really can't be bothered to do nothing but follow someone around weekly just to find out everything they say at any given time. I want to see all the chats, dangit!

• Filthy Casual

Filthy Casual Space Penguin Leader

The fact that I can carry enough wood and stone in my backpack to build a castle...yet I can only hold 36 rings in my backpack if I wanted to...

• Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

I don't know about you, but if someone I newly met came up to me and gave me a jug o' milk or a plate spaghetti with meatsauce, I would consider them as good friends :rofl:
                          Then I would probably die from the poison they put in there, but hey, free food.

• Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Digested by slimes (or however they damage you), skeletons flailing on you, mummies trying to rip you apart, shadow people doing shadow stuff on you, gets damaged by your own bombs... Eat some pasta and you're good to go.

• rkelly17

rkelly17 Master Chief

Not to mention keeping them in a chest on your porch for several seasons.

• Omnislash024

Omnislash024 Big Damn Hero

The Bus ride to the desert and back takes 0 minutes to complete. No traffic I guess.

Required to haul hundreds of pieces of wood and stone up the mountain to the Carpenter just so she can haul it back to build your buildings.

You can take several years to complete a quest. (I still don't know where Linus' basket is.)

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

@Omnislash024 Go to where the bus is, go left one screen, you'll see it

People throwing away food and items that the farmer can use with no qualms... Why did whoever it was throw away an apparently complete cake or soup without eating one bite of it?

• rmd64

rmd64 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wouldn't be an RPG without the good ole food cure-all :p

Arlem, Lil' Mini and Gabaw like this.
                                    • Arqane

Arqane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Speaking of the fish... now I can understand an eel living in boiling lava. That's actually somewhat believable with the thermal vent organisms we have in our own oceans. But the fact that your fishing line doesn't burst into flames... that's another thing. And even better, you can fish up soggy newspapers and driftwood. That's where I draw the line :).

• Joft

Joft Orbital Explorer

(FYI if you go left on the road by the bus stop you'll find the basket)

Finds an ancient, long extinct fossilized seed. Grows into a healthy, fruit-bearing plant. Okay... I guess if it were preserved properly.

Finds entirely intact dinosaur egg. Puts into incubator. HATCHES INTO STEGOSAURUS. *desire to build a deluxe coop w/ only dinosaurs and call it Jurassic Park intensifies*

• Joft

Joft Orbital Explorer

Also, a single female duck or chicken can lay FERTILIZED EGGS WITHOUT A MALE. Even more odd, barn animals can just get pregnant, out of the blue.