Digital Ymedron and the art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ymedron, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Nathan B.

Nathan B. Phantasmal Quasar

you know he's completely correct ^_^ you could go on deviant art and make a commission forum in the job services section and set up a paypal account and BAM MONEY!

2. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Prepare to throw your dignity out of the window, though.
    Unless you plan to limit your commissions, you might be drawing stuff you wish you'd have never imagined.

3. Nathan B.

well yeah people DO limit their commissions :rofl:

4. Meh, Im not very certain about commissions. I can't use paypal, and I have a bad habit of being slow about things I dont need to do and sloppy about ones I feel pressured about. <:C
    Oh well...

And arf I will whack everyone in the face with a stick if they pressure other artists!
    ...Unless the artist actually for some reason WANTS such things...

5. Nathan B.

i wish i could get something for my sister but i have no idea what would make her feel good after surgery T_T

6. Edman

Edman Void-Bound Voyager

wow this is some pretty nice art!

7. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Wow, this art reminds me ALOT of metroid artwork. Good job!

8. Edman

Edman Void-Bound Voyager

i like how it also looks concept-artsy

9. Thank you. <:V!
    (No art Im afraid - havent been drawing much lately. Just wanted to have you know that Im still alive)

Im glad it looks like conceptart, Edman. Im very much in love with game and movie conceptart, they have a very nice rough impulsive quality that I want to learn to emulate some day. :B!

Joxalot likes this.
  10. FN7

FN7 Big Damn Hero

I am glad you make these because it makes me look at my art and feel like an idiot :p

Bamseper likes this.
  11. FN7: I know the feeling - you always look at other peoples' art and get discouraged. But even if your art is "worse", you still have a ton of potential to get better than those other artists! :V (what an awkward comforting, sorry)

I was trying to redesign the face of my Ocean demigod - haven't picked any face yet. Might draw more sometime later.
    [​IMG]

Also, I am designing this year's student guidebook (as I mentioned before), so here are the illustrations. The fists and the tennis ones weren't used.
    [​IMG]

Plus my Aion character. Not the most original, I admit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dressing in drag as well. Nothing is more fun than making really strange quirks for your characters.

12. Sorry about the double post, but I just finished making this:
    [​IMG]

Im wanting to use the design for an incredibly short comic, but i make -100% promises of it ever getting done. Still, planning for it.

13. shadowcrazy

shadowcrazy Phantasmal Quasar

ocean heads remind me of that OVA Blue Submarine

14. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

Nice! For the demi-god I like the B one best.

15. bray610

bray610 Void-Bound Voyager

Mind if I i share a few ideas I have that could inspire you?

The first is a mid 20's male in a open vest, fedora, and with a chinstrap beard. If he were either smirking or wearing a really bored expression and holding a simple "blaster" pistol, he could appear to be some sort of bounty hunter.

The second is a steam punk/modern suit of armor that is sort of a bronze/dull copper, riveted, layered suit of armor. I've always imagined a suit where the metal on the forearm continues off the elbow, like sharp daggers in a hook fashion attached to the arm. Also, a sword that is the outline of a normal sword with a glowing lava lamp style inside.

Just some ideas :b

tuckerbubz and claydol2232 like this.
  16. Your characters, I presume?
    I might get to them in the mysterious unclear future. ;W, Alas!

And thank you everyone once more. orz No art again.
    The blue submarine's non-human character looked like something I like designwise. :u!

shadowcrazy likes this.
  17. bray610

bray610 Void-Bound Voyager

Just thought of them now actually, my character is actually more "furry" :b

I'd draw them if i had more time, skill, and drive :rofl:

18. Treeman4

Treeman4 Pangalactic Porcupine

Wow, your art is amazing and i agree with Edman it is similar to concept art I would just like to give a few words of support and to say you are doing great

19. Thank you everyone. ;W;
    Even though I've gotten pretty inactive, I still check in every day.

Have some new art:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Proceed, comrades.

TehEpikMonk, shadowcrazy and Ghostar like this.
  20. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

Awesome dude!