WIP Yet Another Stardew Map Recolor

Discussion in 'Mods' started by strangelyliteral, Feb 11, 2018.

1. strangelyliteral

strangelyliteral Void-Bound Voyager

Hey folks.

I've been working on this for the past few months and realized now might be a good time to field some feedback and/or suggestions. I've been overhauling the Stardew maps. I started with trying to make fall less aggressively orange and somehow basically redid everything across all the maps. Grass, dirt, trees, buildings, random objects - you name it, I probably have or still plan to tweak it.

The end result, IMO, is starting to look pretty good. Colors are still vibrant but not nearly as intense as they once were. There's much more blue in the grass overall in most seasons, while fall is now golden rather than pure orange, and winter is far softer.

For some reason none of my images will show up in the thread, so here is the album link.

The main maps themselves are about 90% done - I've done all foliage, ground, and buildings, with some lingering objects and masonry to revamp. Also I may tweak the water for spring and summer. I'm also working on beach and desert maps, but they're not as far along.
    I thought now was a good time to post these and hopefully see if people would be interested in I made them available for download. I'm happy to take additional photos or answer questions if folks are curious, and if anyone has suggestions/ideas for how I might improve the maps, I'm open to hearing about that.

As for releasing them...as I said, they're getting pretty close to done, but I'm a bit nervous about dropping the maps and then having ConcernedApe's update make them immediately obsolete. But I do hope to polish them off by the end of the month.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    • villainsvillains

villainsvillains Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the fall map is BEAUTIFUL

• strangelyliteral

strangelyliteral Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you! Fall turned out to be my favorite. I'm officially calling the maps done, and I'm going to release them, even with the update looming. First though I need to get permission from someone for a flowerpot recolor I sampled from them.

In the meantime, I'm working on a complementary set of beach and desert maps.

[​IMG]

Never did like that dark, heavy cabin of Elliott's on the beach, but I'm not sold on the trim here yet.

Beach is maybe 25% done across all four maps. Desert's been set up but not much else.

• Ba.mbie

Ba.mbie Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wow it looks really great, I cant wait to use it !

• Phaetum

Phaetum Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi I know this is ages old but did this ever turn into a mod to download? Your work is absolutely amazing and I would be thrilled to use it <3

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex