1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Yes Chef! 1.13

A cooking flow redesign! Get fancy with the spices!

1. Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

@ Azraile
    maybe it might be better to ask for a way to combine all the current ones into a single crafting station? it seems kinda cheaty to be able to make just one station that does it all....unless you allready *have* all the others.

what i mean is, if you have ever played runefactory4, once you have all the cooking stations there, you can opt to pay an amount so that it combines all of them into one.
    what this actualy does is means you only realy need to keep one station. when you use it, it asks what kind of food do you want to make (simple/knife/steam/fry/pot/oven/blender ect) then opens the category you picked.
    you could instead, for YesChef make it so there is one super crafting station, but it needs you to have each of the other stations in your inventory to make it. it might also need the robotic station to craft it at. maybe some kind of replimat style station, its biger and has some kinda screen looking thing...maybe it might be a bit like the AI, so it could have the yes chef Personal Chef AI ^^ and it asks you what you want to make today.

(i remember when sims3 first came out and it had a replicator thing in it. we had sims2 and sims1 ones years befor and they were just sort of summoning stations but you still had to have the skill to cook the item befor it would show up in the pie menu to access it)

Eternalmyst likes this.
  2. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

Thats not what I mean, I mean I would like to have a crafting station to make all the Yes Chef! crafting stations. They rather clutter up the normal crafting tables.

3. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

FYI Luthor, jaseofbase also made them new files entirely because he wanted to prevent the player from learning recipes from picking up items.

4. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

10-4 on that one Mackinz...I just hate seeing errors in my log is all ;) especially ones that say MFM error this or that lol, I know that your code is generally bang on :up:

5. Mackinz

I fixed it myself, FYI:

Code:
    [ 
      { "op": "replace", "path": "/price", "value": 75 },
      { "op": "replace", "path": "/description", "value": "Fresh bread, it's still warm!" },
      { "op": "replace", "path": "/shortdescription", "value": "Bread Loaf" },
      { "op": "remove", "path": "/learnBlueprintsOnPickup" }
    ]

For bread.consumable since it's the only one with "learnBlueprintsOnPickup".

Luthor614 likes this.
  6. jaseofbase

jaseofbase Starship Captain

Sorry ive been awol. Currently in hospital. Eta unknown. Glad your enjoying the mod :)[DOUBLEPOST=1444436966][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If you have a dye mod you might have to add the items into a whitelist on the dye mod. No idea as i havent checked one myself yet. Ive just set the assets up so they can be plugged in art and code wise. Check the docs of whatever due mod ya using on how to do it id say. I cant provide a global solution to it. And the community is very welcome! Happy cooking![DOUBLEPOST=1444437125][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Would be impossible to implement due to the interface logic as far as im aware. Plus kinda defeats the point of the mod.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  7. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

What i am talking about is a crafting station for the mods crafting stations so instead of making them from say the work bench you make them from that mod specific stations so the work bench don't have 40 some odd yes chief crafting stations s cluttering g it up

8. Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

ah, i see what i got wrong.
    but its hard to explain, because when you said a station to craft the craftables, i thought you mean the foods and parts of foods, rather than a station (like the heart forge or the santa toybox one, that only allow the crafting of the seasonal items and nothing else) that crafts the yes chef tools (the cooking stations)

i had a feeling it might not be possable to merge the cooking stations themselves, but im not a modder or coder, so i dont know whats possable. ideas are easy (sometimes lol) its making them work that makes you bang your head on a wall.
    hope you get bettter soon by the way, jaseofbase...hospitals are not much fun...

9. Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

Awesome mod. I love in-depth crafting/cooking. Quick question: Are you considering adding quests for this mod in the future?

10. jaseofbase

Ah okay, a sort of mod station to craft the different ones in essence. I guess I can filter them down into something like that. Just need to come up with a viable idea then pixelart it. And cheers, yea they aren't but it's all good in the long run.[DOUBLEPOST=1444515994][/DOUBLEPOST]
    possibly, once Corden Jamsey himself makes an appearance and telling us all the roast beef is so raw it's eating the floran

11. Mackinz

Are you out of the hospital yet, jase? Kinda worried.

12. jaseofbase

Not yet, but no need to worry. Regardless not really in any fit state to be worrying about modding for the moment. Sozboz

13. TheWorstPersonEver

TheWorstPersonEver Cosmic Narwhal

This mod just wants me to get the nano stuff and say "NANO-MACHINES, SON!". :rofl:

14. Kligor

Kligor Space Spelunker

Is there some kinda guide for this mod? I cant seem to find where to make certain things and I feel kinda like I got dropped into it. Its a great mod nonetheless I just am having trouble. Like I wanna make butter but no idea how.

15. Mackinz

Milk or Cream in the Butter Churn.

16. Mackinz

Since Jase hasn't been active in a few weeks, I am going to make all the necessary patch files for this mod and release it here and in More Farming.

BlaineMuffin likes this.
  17. Connockobonker

Connockobonker Aquatic Astronaut

Like the mod a lot. I think it's pretty neat that the Glitch chopping table has chopped up metal on it because they eat automato, boltbulb, etc.

18. Foose

Foose Subatomic Cosmonaut

Vinegar is MFM when it shoul be MSM (more farming/ objects/outpost/infinity express )
    Chopped cucumber should be MSM not MFM (yes Chef/chopping/chopped cucumber)

these errors make making chopped cucumbers, relish mix, and relish impossible

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  19. PlatinumFrog

PlatinumFrog Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a bug:
    I can't complete the first quest that you get from the book in your ship locker. It's the one with the camp millstones. I have the camp millstones in my inventory and I have already made some dough with it, and the quest isn't completing.
    Another question is:
    How do you unlock recipes or get a book that you can refer to recipes with? If thats not a feature, I think that it would be a good idea to add.

20. Mackinz

Yeah... Chucklefish updated the way quests are handled with Glad Giraffe. I'll look into creating a hotfix.