1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Yes Chef! 1.13

A cooking flow redesign! Get fancy with the spices!

1. jaseofbase

jaseofbase Starship Captain

Heya! Yea I checked the recipe file list, the reason you can't boil a potato is due to the fact thier isn't a recipe for it to mechanically work in the game. I'm working on getting all the outstanding ingreident items working for the next update (even if they aren't being used for tierd food atm)

Good spot, sorry for the confusion!

2. Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

not to worry, kitchens are busy and head chefs yell alot (swear too, it they are a gordon lol) and things go pear-shaped (lol, a pun)
    oh, you might want to check the basic icecream recipy too, it gave me the same kind of exception crash as the cake mix did, when i tried to freeze it in the nano freezer. also made the icecream mix dissapear from inventory like the cake mix did after the restart.

if you are still not sure how to do the floran cookery stuff, why not go for the bone style? that or something stony or old pottery or something bronze age?
    beakers were popular for drinks (more like wooden personal buckets lol, with bands to keep the wood together) and might work for the water dispencer item.
    you can apparently use leather cauldrens (read that in 'i shall wear midnight' by terry pratchet, the Kelda used a leather cauldren in that and it has a notation about it) if you are carefull, and there is the old metate thing they used to grind maize in places like south america and some if the native tribes.

3. jaseofbase

haha no worries and good ideas. I'll go for that and see what I come up with! Thankyou very much!

4. Oboromusha

Oboromusha Pangalactic Porcupine

Normal coffee, produced with ground coffee beans and water will not be accepted in the outpost coffee quest because, I assume, the asset is now an item and not a liquid tile. Unless you change the quest requirements in the vanilla game, I don't see how this can be fixed. I used Creative Mode to search for the asset and all liquids are there, except that one. It seems to be gone and that is what the vanilla quest is prompting for, otherwise, no cigar.

Suggestion for update is to change the quest, because I very much prefer the logic as you made it. One of my top mods so far. Great stuff.

5. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

And you would be assuming wrongly, because the actual issue is that there is no longer a vanilla quest that requires coffee in the first place - it was replaced with a single fetch quest for Chocolate from the Infinity Express. That you still have this old quest indicates that you are using an old character. Without modding in a replacement quest asset, you cannot finish the quest on your old character. I recommend just making a new character.

6. Oboromusha

Nope, it's brand new. But I am using Clef mod, so it may have restored that quest from vanilla. Hope it doesn't halt my progression...

7. jaseofbase

Heya mate. Yea that functionality was changed by the devs. Its not a yes chef thing pal. Nothing i can do im afraid. Good hunting and glad ya liking the mod!

8. Werekitty39501

Werekitty39501 Pangalactic Porcupine

I have a really stupid question... How in the hey do you make blended alien meat?

9. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Cooked Alien Meat and Cooking Oil (from the Infinity Express) in a blender added by Yes Chef.

10. Werekitty39501

... Huh. Now you see, that's not exactly obvious. =/ Hamburger meat isn't usually blended with cooking oil before cooking. And when you grind hamburger meat you don't put cooking oil into it...

If it's a really lean kind of meat, or chicken or turkey, you add cooking oil to the pan, but not blended into the meat... Or at least I've never done that.

11. Patople

Patople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah! I had to look in the mod files to know how to make blended meat.

12. Oboromusha

Apologies, this is definitely a CleF problem, not yours, they discussed it a while back and supposedly the last update addresses what remains of this quest. By updating that mod, I should no longer have this issue.

Yes, your mod is not filler content by any stretch, Like Frackin' Universe it really changes how you craft specific things making vanilla look very poor in comparison. Right now I'm trying to figure out the various forms of chocolate and I have to say the challenge in understanding the logic employed in your mod is extremely rewarding. You are making the game excellent beyond what vanilla can ever hope to achieve. My thanks.

jaseofbase likes this.
  13. jaseofbase

Due to he limitations of the game. The interfaces have to have ingredients that amount tonthe number of slots the device requires otherwise hitting blend would crash the client. Blending requires two things so cooking oil made the most sense at the time

Cheers :)[DOUBLEPOST=1443374332][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Appreciated mate. Yea most of the logic is as common sense as i can make it. Some things bend rules due to how the game is set up. Thier may be some deadend avenues but you can make the basegame food

14. Werekitty39501

This is going to seem like a silly question, but why not just blend two pieces of steak? And you can blend steak and poultry and/or alien ham or bacon, to make meatloaf meat. Add onions, garlic, salt, and pepper for meatloaf mix, bake the mix for baked meatloaf, then add ketchup for meatloaf.

Also... none of the other cooking devices, like the various in-game ovens and microwaves, seem to be working with your mod. I haven't tried uninstalling it to test this, but... It's just a bit odd and kind of messes up my kitchen decor to have a camp fire in there, since that's the only one-to-one cooker that works.

15. Patople

Patople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The microwave is working just like the campfire.

16. Werekitty39501

That's one thing, at least. Thanks. :3

17. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

Hey @jaseofbase I whipped up these patch files for the following items: "bread", "corncob" & "toast". If you delete your 3 item files and replace them with the attached then MFM won't toss up any errors about blueprints ;)

Attached Files:

Mackinz likes this.
  18. Filunya

Filunya Void-Bound Voyager

Hey,
    first of all I really like this mod since our community is running a roleplaying server.
    But I have some questions concerning the colors.
    I have a dye mod but when I use the oven and klick it, it says "you can not dye that item". Is there any other possibility? You mentioned the admin mode would help. How?
    Thanks a lot :)
    And many thanks from the community.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  19. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

Hey @jaseofbase , I edited your player.config.patch to include the the first 3 cooking stations that weren't craftable without using /admin ;)
    If anybody downloaded the first one then try again :facepalm:

Attached Files:

20. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

Could you make a separate crafting station for all this? >.< They kinda take up a LOT of space in the crafting stations lol.

Also I would love to see an Avali addon, they already have two Avali style stuff, I would like to see the others on this made Avali style.... The kitchen table and stove are made, and there are plenty of examples of there style and it's It would not be hard to make something.