1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Yes Chef! 1.13

A cooking flow redesign! Get fancy with the spices!

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Starbound.log please.

http://pastebin.com/W32smQLZ

2. Arken Ro

Arken Ro Subatomic Cosmonaut

3. Windowsssss

Windowsssss Intergalactic Tourist

I am quite confused with how this mod works, I use the cutting table and cut up the potatoes and then when I try to put them in the pot to boil it, it just sits there? Is there like a tutorial on how to cook with this mod? Also with the oven, there are two slots in the oven, what am I supposed to put in the top slot? :lolwut:

4. Mackinz

5. Windowsssss

Windowsssss Intergalactic Tourist

I'm using the novakid pot, to make mashed potatos

6. Mackinz

I wasn't talking to you...

But Mashed Potatoes are made at the regular Cooking Table:

Code:
    {
      "input" : [
        { "item" : "boiledpotato", "count" : 1 },
        { "item" : "milk", "count" : 1 },
        { "item" : "butter", "count" : 1 },
        { "item" : "saltMFM", "count" : 1 }
      ],
      "output" : { "item" : "mashedpotato", "count" : 1 },
      "groups" : [ "kitchen", "consumables", "foodhealing", "foodhealthboost" ]
    }

At the same time, I can't find a recipe file for Boiled Potatoes so... don't try to make them for now.

7. Arken Ro

Arken Ro Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just the regular cooking table

8. Mackinz

I just realized your error is likely not related to this mod at all. It's crashing because of a missing whiskeybottle item, and I have no idea what mod adds that. Figure it out.

9. Fireidar

Fireidar Void-Bound Voyager

I have this mod but am confused. I got the quest to make a cake, got it together and ready. It says to either bake or use oil, I HAVE cooking oil but can't cook. I tried the campfire and cooking pot but nothing happens. How DO I cook it? Nothing has come up for a stove or something, what do I do?

10. itsmickib

itsmickib Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having a problem with the first quest. I made the station, placed it, made the flour and placed into my inventory...but the quest still hasn't been completed. Is it a bug, or am I missing something?

11. Mackinz

Please follow the instructions in the files downloaded from this post:

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/yes-chef.100473/page-10#post-2756408

Unfortunately, jaseofbase has not been active as of November of 2015.

12. PlatinumFrog

PlatinumFrog Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  13. lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm getting an error when I try to launch the game that says Yes Chef is missing the MoreFarming dependency. I had applied the hotfix provided in the forum, so I tried removing YesChef and just running MoreFarming to see if the game registered it (it did), as well as deleting my player and universe files and readding all my mods one at a time. Any idea on what may be causing this?

14. Mackinz

Please post your log file when you are loading up the game with both mods installed. And make sure you installed them properly. :)

Tutorial if necessary: http://pastebin.com/W32smQLZ

If this is true and I did not include it in my previous hotfix compilation, I would like to emphasize that players do as stated here.

Although, it is pretty late in the development cycle so maybe I should start on an update for the entire mod for the upcoming 1.0 release.

15. lannihamm

Here you go: http://pastebin.com/De4Zaumk

I have both mods unzipped and placed in Starbound\giraffe_storage\Mods within their respective folders.

16. Mackinz

Make sure they are both installed properly instead of haphazardly unzipped. Proper installation would have your modinfo files in a similar file path to these pictures upload_2016-6-6_0-56-51.png

upload_2016-6-6_0-54-47.png

Attached Files:

lannihamm likes this.
  17. lannihamm

Ahh, Yes Chef was correctly placed but MFM wasn't. Thank you for assisting this poor noob <3

18. PlatinumFrog

19. PlatinumFrog

If your going to release an update for 1.0, could I help by finding recipes that should be available but aren't? (Technically I already found and posted three, but no one wants to scroll through the discussion tab to find files that they have to install themselves) Since 1.0 adds hunger back, I could also add new recipes and variants of existing recipes. I absolutely love this mod and would like to contribute. :)

lannihamm likes this.
  20. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

OMG, I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A MOD LIKE THIS! :nuruawe: