RP Ye Gods: Born of the Void

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Mushroom-King, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Mushroom-King

Mushroom-King Space Spelunker

Since no one else has joined yet, I now need to start or fade into inactivity. Remember anyone can join at any time! Please join.:cry:

Tick 1: Born of the Void

Two powerful beings, one a god of death, the other a god of life, battle in the never ending form of the void.
    As they battle, they slowly destroy each other, until they are nothing more than ash and dust.
    Out of the dust rises a new god, Vithui, God of Rot and Ruin.
    More gods may appear but for now Vithui is alone in the featureless void.
    Vithui, God of Rot and Ruin 20E

2. kymvros

kymvros Big Damn Hero

Within the first moments of the Pale God's existence there was nothing. The deafening silence that once hung in the air broke, replaced by a ruffle of his oily feathers. Legs stretch out, trying to find solid ground, and retreat slightly as they fail to do so.

"Nothing?" The dragon asks, the surprise in his voice ringing out like a gong. "What use to me is this void, so desolate that is has not even a place to rest nor food to sate this growling in my stomach? Must I search for the scraps of what once was so that I may have even a moment's comfort?"

Realizing that there was no one to answer him, he slowly stretches out his wings, flapping in a vain attempt to traverse the void. No amount of time or effort would give the reprieve he desired within this cold and lifeless world.

It wasn't long until the fruitless search bored the God, making him that much more desperate for even the slightest bit of warmth and comfort. "I'd give of my own essence for not but sands to lay upon and rest," Vithui said groggily. As he did, however, he felt something graze upon his talons. Something seemingly solid that parted easily as flew by.

"At last, a place to rest!" He cried out, rejoicing as he landed upon the endless grains in this sea of sands. Satisfied for now, and spent from inadvertently creating the desert he now inhabited, the Pale God curled up and began to drift into dreamless sleep.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    Catoosie likes this.
  3. camerox

camerox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ohmpeltia constructed out of the nothing into the form that he has always taken and always will take. He saw a magnificent dragon covered in feather drenched in oil; this repulsed him as there was never this there had not been anything except the gods of life and death whom did not look like this.

He realised that there was something beneath and to his annoyance he looked down and saw the sea of sand. Outraged he yelled, "What right do you have to change what has been into what is and what is into what will be? What right do you have to force me to disrupt the nothingness with my voice?"

4. Mushroom-King

Mushroom-King Space Spelunker

Tick 2: Growing Numbers

Growing tired of the void, the Pale God creates a vast sea of sand, seemingly stretching for infinity in every direction. This Grand Desert will most definitely act as and important part of any future creations, being the only solid bit of land in the void.

Two new Gods have appeared, one is Merciel, Goddess of Water and Beauty, the other is Ohmpeltia, God of Undeath, who appears to be quite peeved about the Pale God`s new creation.

[Vithui -5E]

Vithui, God of Rot and Ruin 15E
    Merciel, Goddess of Water and Beauty 20E
    Ohmpetia, God of Undeath 20E

5. kymvros

kymvros Big Damn Hero

"Hrmmm?" Vithui peacefully hummed out as he left his dreamless sleep. Lazily, a single, emerald like eye opens to look upon the source of the rather rude awakening. "I am the struggle between life and death incarnate. As for what right I have to change the void, I didn't do so consciously, if at all. I simply imagined a sea sands and there it was. All that crossed my mind at the time was the fact there was somewhere to rest my weary head."

Fully awake now, the dragon stretched out every part of his body, including his wings that seemed to engulf the sky. As he stood up to his full height, Vithui's underbelly showed, a mass of shimmering silver scales that brought a beautiful contrast to the rest of his form. "Know this, you speak to Vithui, God of Mortal Curses and harbinger of rot and ruin. He who rose from the ashes of the living and the dead."

"Now then, tell me something, strange one. Who are you to wake me from the slumber I so greatly desired? What right have you to change my state from unconscious to conscious?" The feathered dragon questioned with a hint of anger and malice lacing seeping into his words.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  6. camerox

As Ohmpeltia walked to Vithui's emerald eye, which dwarf Ohmpeltia, it spoke, "If you are a god of rot and ruin why did you make this sea of sands? And as for me I am the great Ohmpeltia God of Undeath and The Past!"

Muttering to himself, "What was there again? There was life and death and without life there is no death so then to create life is what I must do!"

A lone plant appeared out of the nothing tall, proud and green as a emerald.

7. kymvros

kymvros Big Damn Hero

"Hrmm," the dragon groans out, "a fine creation, but one little plant does not life make, nor will it survive within this world for long. This realm is barren, devoid of anything that could sustain your little seedling as sand alone cannot support life. We need something else..."

Tilting his head, Vithui slowly turns around and stares into the horizon, searching for anything that may hold the answer. Suddenly, he launches upward to scan all of creation from heights that make even his imposing figure to distant to make out. "Strange," he mutters out, "I feel a new presence. Where are you, strange one?"

8. camerox

"I too feel this strange presence. Could it be another; not just us two to fill the void?" wonders Ohmpeltia as he scurries around though the nothing searching but finding void. Deciding to find a high place he scurries up the tree but leaves scratch marks from his sharp legs but this too this was pointless.

9. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

Three pairs of indigo eyes appeared in the sands for a moment, before a pool of water filled in the space surrounding them and continued to grow towards the West.
    As the body of water grew, the form of the goddess Merceil emerged from the water while she surrounded herself with a cloudy mist.
    She ascended from the water and into the air with a graceful twisting motion, twisting around the tree with a sonorous laugh of amusement.

"I have heard your words. Forgive me for my lateness, I was focusing on creating my... lake."
    The body of water stopped filling in, settling itself into a nicely sized lake directly to the left of the tree.
    "I am Merceil. Water is what you need for this creation." She gently floated in a circle around the tree. "Admirable indeed."

10. camerox

"State your domain and business here" commanded Ohmpeltia as he cautiously approached the water, "My tree does not need water or any of your things as I plan to have it die then bring it back again then for it to die again, as such is the cycle."

Reaching into the water Ohmpeltia felt the cold rush up his leg then he noted "There is no warmth in this place, there is nothing to lie beneath and warm myself, there is nothing to warm your pathetic puddle."

11. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

Merceil slowly floated near Ohmpeltia in her cloud of mist.
    She let out an amused laugh as he finished his sentence.
    "How peculiar you are, having no purpose, stuck in this 'cycle' and yet you try to assert yourself... earlier you stated that you do not want change, yes? If you have no need for change, what need have you for warmth?"
    "In any case, I am Merceil, and I intend to take care of my domain of water. If you would prefer that my waters not intrude upon this area, I have no objection to leaving you and this place be, as you don't seem very cooperative at all."

camerox likes this.
  12. camerox

:mad:"Fine" howled Ohmpeltia with anger as he stormed off to nowhere from the tree and the lake and as he stormed off he tried to destroy the tree, the lake and the sand. He started moping in a little hole.

13. kymvros

kymvros Big Damn Hero

"There you are!" Vithui proclaims as he dives back down to the sandy surface, wings tucked in against him until the last second. As he touches down, he notices Ohmpeltia's destructive tendencies and charges forward. The now enraged dragon takes on a more predatory air as he pursues the angry little orb. As he reaches its little hole he shoves his glowing emerald eye into the entrance.
    "She may have given you permission for the destruction of the lake, my little morsel, but you have no power over these sands of mine. Touch my creations and you'll be no more than a crumb of food for me to consume. Understand?!" The dragon furiously barks out, an overpowering sense of pride lacing his voice like venom. His rage was so great that a miasma began to flow from his mouth with every syllable.

14. camerox

"You don't scare me, you can't touch me, you-, you hypocrite, you the one who says he is rot and ruin but goes around making not destroying!" yell Ohmpeltia as he burrowed deeper in the hole. "Rot and Ruin are what you said you are but you seem to be pride and laziness!"

15. kymvros

kymvros Big Damn Hero

"I am also God of the mortal curses," Vithui groans out angrily. "Hunger, fatigue, vice, and sickness. All of these would bring untold destruction in a world filled with those that are capable of carrying them. Rot and ruin, they are nothing without life and creation, thus I shall create so that I may later destroy. You will not do away with what progress I've made towards creating a world in which I can spread my disease, insect. Touch my creations, and you will see just what destruction I am capable of."

Turning towards the newcomer, the Dragon takes on a more welcoming tone. "My apologies... miss? As you can see, we don't agree on anything. I regret you being here during this little... discussion and hope it didn't ruin our first meeting. I am Vithui, God of Rot and Ruin, or the mortal curses, whichever you prefer.

16. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

"Oh, no," Merceil replied, "I'm glad I was able to witness this encounter. It's a learning experience at the least. And quite interesting..."
    She began to move towards her lake, pushing the boundary of it further from the tree.
    "It's a pleasure to meet you; I presume we'll get along. Now if I may, I will dedicate my energy into creating life in these empty waters."

17. kymvros

kymvros Big Damn Hero

"Oh? I would like to help if I may," the dragon states almost excitedly. "Creating life, no matter the size is a quite the chore, and you've already helped me with one of my own problems. It's quite literally the least I can do to in order to obtain that I desire."

Laying down by the lake's edge, Vithui prepares to follow the water Goddess's instructions and allowing his essence to flow freely into the water. "Just do whatever you wish to do, and I'll add my power to your own. I don't wish to interfere with your ideas, after all, as I wish to see just what you can accomplish."

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  18. camerox

"Why ally the one who will be the demise of you; why ally the one who will destroy your creations; why ally the one who is a hypocrite; why ally the god of pride and laziness; why ally a stupid lizard?", said Ohmpeltia walking to them then turning to the lizard in question, "I am no mere insect I am a great god! Why am I doing your job for you? What are you doing making life, ruin and rot?"

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  19. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

"Death and decay are needed to combat life, otherwise my creations themselves would be godlike." Merceil casually answered as she lowered into the water.
    Three floating golden arches appeared in the water, bobbing up and down slightly but not moving from their places. There were bells hanging from the tops of the arches. "These shall act as my shrine once I have worshipers. But for now..."
    Merceil's eyes flashed multiple colors and a sparkling dust of sorts seemed to spread beneath the surface of the lake.
    When the dust dissipated, the lake was teeming with fish.
    "What wonderful creatures. Thank you, God of mortal curses. They will now be able to pay you back with their lives when their time has come."

20. kymvros

kymvros Big Damn Hero

"Now there is just one thing left we need," the dragon murmured out lazily. "Give me time to recover, and I shall do what I can to bring a source of heat to the void."
    Choosing a spot far enough from the others for them to be barely visible, Vithui lays down to rest. Slowly, he drifts into dreamless sleep again, but this time a miasma billows out of his maw and covers the land around him. A sense of foreboding came to any who so much as looked upon the sleeping God, as if stepping within the miasma would cause some sort of reckoning.