RELEASED Yama's Desert & Sewer Expansions [1.4 ready for testing!]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Yamadataiki, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Yamadataiki

Yamadataiki Phantasmal Quasar

Here's a piece of the secret project I've been working on.
    SewerProject.png

Thoughts?

Question marks are because I want to make other entrances, but I'd like to hear a few opinions on where they should go first. I am planning around more custom areas poping up by making some areas have excess space/places to create more sewer maps. That way if another modder wants to make a way to get to their map from the sewers, they can junction off of what I've already made if they so desire. If anyone feels like making sprites and working with me I'd be eternally grateful as I'm not good at creating art from scratch :/.

I've got some new things in the desert I'll be showing off to you guys in a few days, hopefully you'll like what I've done :) .

• TheFiddleCat

TheFiddleCat Big Damn Hero

I love this! So many YES from me because that sewer needs to be something I WANT to collect 60 artifacts for. Can't wait for this now. You're doing some great work Yama!

• kodemunkey

kodemunkey Phantasmal Quasar

New seeds / furniture / pets for sale at oasis ?

Yamadataiki likes this.
        • Yamadataiki

I'm not sure about new pets, but I have plans for a shop that will sell new furniture, and custom crops eventually ☺ .

TheFiddleCat likes this.
          • bararaqsigh

bararaqsigh Void-Bound Voyager

Ooo, I can't wait! I want to download the new desert map, but I'm terrified of screwing up my save with the bug you mention in the first post. Any idea when/if that will be fixed?

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

Will we see enemies or anything in the new desert? I can see slimes roaming around in it.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Not at this time, as ALL does not yet support actual NPC's, but its on the "Find a way to do this" list :p

Superior_s likes this.
                • Yamadataiki

I'll have to clone a few saves and muck around with them to see if I can force anything to show up in the console because I haven't seen anything nor have I muddled with anything related to relationships. I know tego said it came up once or twice when he was working on his project but it went away without him finding the cause. I'm just guessing that its maybe the Daily Friendship Increaser mod having some weird conflict? It's only speculation as it's the only mod I use related to relationships, I really don't know what causes this yet though.

Superior_s likes this.
                  • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Yamadataiki likes this.
                  • mvhnexus

mvhnexus Pangalactic Porcupine

yes please!

• bararaqsigh

bararaqsigh Void-Bound Voyager

Alright! I'll just back up my save and double check my mods before using. Thanks!

• Harmony001

Harmony001 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

WoW! It's Fantastic! Very Nice...

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thought I'd let you know that warping causes the glow ring to become bugged and no longer show any light until you unequip and reequip it. The same happens when you board the bus home, so i'm not sure if it's you or the game itself. Thought I'd let you know in case.

After having played with Tego and your expansions, I wanted to give you both a few suggestions.

Adding new locations is fine, and its awesome looking at them all, but there can be a point where it's too much. I'd especially say this for the sections of the map you've added that have almost nothing on them, take most of the day to walk around, and serve little to no purpose. When adding new areas, I'd suggest keeping them smaller unless necessary for something you're planning to add content-wise. Otherwise, you're adding useless land for its own sake, and that's really no fun at all.

That said, except for the 1 or 2 areas that applies to, I think this mod is awesome, and can't wait to see more from it. Same goes for the Sewer additions (don't worry, it not too big for my taste). If I can suggest something that may not be possible, it'd be nice if when you go to the desert, the map screen would change to a map of just the desert, including your expansions. That could also help alleviate the previously mentioned issues I have with extra-large, unnecessary maps. Again, I don't know if that's possible with current SMAPI capabilities, but I'd suggest investing some time in that if it is.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited: May 8, 2016
                          • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The light issue has to do with Stardew itself, And pretty much boils down to "The lighting is either updated to often or not often enough", and CA went for "Not often enough, and lets hope I never need to mess with maps like that", Unfortunately, we modders DO mess with the maps like that, and the lighting problem happens.
                            I could probably work in a fix for it into ALL, but it would require me to take control of every warp in the game, meaning I need to REPLACE every warp in the game.... Yeah, Can I recommend we do not? the game has TONS of them, and they are not implemented in what I would call a sane manner....

• Yamadataiki

I understand your frustration with the lack of content in the maps. I have a few shopkeepers being designed by a friend of mine, along with some new building sprites. I've been busy, so unfortunately there might not be an update this weekend either as I do want to have reasons for actually visiting my maps before adding more for you all to explore.

The sewer will have a release this weekend, I'm debating adding a manhole near the bus at the bus stop, but I'm gonna need to make sure it's not gonna be in anyone's way of their project first. Content for the sewer will probably come after the desert gets some love, it won't be a safe place to wander once I'm done.
                              There will be a way to fast travel around the desert down the line. Having a custom map of the desert is a fantastic idea. I could probably get it in the game, but I don't know if I could get it to show you on the map.

lannihamm likes this.
                              • pixieNpixels

pixieNpixels Subatomic Cosmonaut

Unfortunately this is the bug my husband and I experience when we try to play. It saddens me because this mod made me exceptionally happy. The desert is pretty lacking and this expansion added what content didn't seem to exist. I will be watching for a possible fix in the future. :)

• tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

The sewer's looking good, Yama. :D

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

@Yamadataiki
                                    Could you please remove ALL from your mod files, I prefer people download it from the proper place so they get the latest version, and right now you are supplying everyone who downloads your mod with a outdated version, causing exactly the kind of problems we dont want....

txkazzalane likes this.
                                    • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

To add to that, the cause of the bug that some users are experiencing (failing to change seasons and going from the 28th to the 30th day of the month) is twofold:

1) Outdated version of ALL
                                      2) You're not implementing your custom tilesheet correctly. If you were simply doing .xnb modding rather than using ALL, your mod wouldn't be able to load at all. You have an outdoor location with a custom tilesheet that is not conforming to seasonal tilesheet requirements. Your tilesheet(s) shouldn't be getting placed in the content directory, but rather, loaded correctly using ALL.

You either need to add your tilesheet via whatever method ALL provides, or you can change it so that the name of the tilesheet in your location contains either "path" or "object" in the name (not the file name, but the name of the tilesheet as shown in tIDE).

Last edited: May 21, 2016
                                        vikeyev69 and txkazzalane like this.
                                      • TheYellingMute

TheYellingMute Void-Bound Voyager

Can I just ask what exactly are you supposed to download? From browsing the forum post i see its the one labeled 1.3.8 but to some people really new to modding and may not read the forum i feel it should be clearly shown OR simply along the top put Current Version: YDEv1.3.8.zip

that way people can more easily find it and download it. or if you want to make sure people read what you put post it near the bottom which is the current version. enough of the negativity though im looking forward to this new area and new experience!