1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition 1.16a

6 Excessively Destructive mechsuits - Cheerful Giraffe

1. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Well, see the ZZ Mech Expansion, it does feature paint swaps for the base alongside it's new variants... Pretty all fancy.

jonathonspy likes this.
  2. warbrand2

warbrand2 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just a minor request can we get a version that has lower damage and health stats on the mechs. Though this may be the worst idea I have ever had, cause I have had mechs lose to the freaking random bandits you get from quests... seriously some of them can hold missile launchers that do 300+ damage.

3. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

While the excavator one is covered in a similar fashion in my expansion, would you mind if I snagged that small/agile mech idea?

jonathonspy likes this.
  4. warbrand2

warbrand2 Subatomic Cosmonaut

use what ever you want, I just want to see the mechs.

5. Xary

Xary Big Damn Hero

Could you maybe...:

1: Remove the recoil on the Pirate Rho's gun ? makes using the pirate rho pointless at best since the melee version does WAY more damage WAY more reliably, the inaccuracy is already plenty enough to mitigate its efficiency...plus it makes the starter mechs way more useful than the pirate even though the pirate costs way more...

2: Make the mechs benefit from armor bonuses ? at the moment anybody with a ferozium armor hits hard enough with any weapon in the game to make the mech damage look frankly pathetic...

3: Allow heal capable staves to heal mech suits ? due to their lack of damage they'll take enormous amounts of damage before killing a single trash mob...

At the moment the only use for thoses mechs is the movement speed under water, and thats only for the Rho type mechs....

6. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

hell no to 1 and 3

1 that's part of its charm. You point the gun down and then just SPRAY upwards until everything dies.

3: You are basically asking the repair station to become OBSOLETE. So hell no. Healing staves don't fix machines that aren't made to simulate organic life.

jonathonspy likes this.
  7. Xary

Xary Big Damn Hero

Or until you realise you're better off using the baby mechs mortars and dual gatlings that easily humiliates the Pirate Rho in every single ways

So instead you'd rather just use it for one fight, realise it can't hit the vast majority of what is just sitting inside your sprite, that is to say every mob under the sun, and then lo and behold what little ground you did cover you can kiss goodbye to as you need to warp back to the outpost to repair the stupid so that it may underperform in another fight only leading to another warp to outpost te get it repaired AGAIN

Besides the fact that the repair station is ALREADY obsolete ever since vehicles from the vanilla game are quite frankly crap as vehicles do what techs do only worse in every aspect

Right now mechs feel anything BUT useful, they're driveable props at best and at worst a giant bull's eye thats costing you cash to re paint

Theses are supposed to be COMBAT robots, they are supposed to be an asset, instead what you get isn't an asset in combat but a goddamn bycicle with "shadow the hedgehog" paintjob

The only redeeming quality of thoses mechs at the moment is the underwater mobility they provide and even THAT is inferior to other vehicle mods out there wich simply outperform thoses mechs on every level...

Right now the only "useful" mechs in the mod are the Theta and Ronin and the Ronin is VASTLY superior to the Theta, and not in a "combat" sense, its just got a better terrain-rape weapon that makes it overall a good option to mine large areas quickly...

Besides the fact that the Repair station at the outpost is just a way to dupe vehicles at most....

8. korda

korda Pangalactic Porcupine

On steam version of mod (is it maintained by same person?) Theta does 1000 dmg with grenades and around 400 with cannon... It actually obliterates everythang (tm). It's so good that it is actually unfun to use it.

Pirated Rho does less instant damage than player (hello, sniper rifles), but in longer term ability to spam tons of knockbacking bullets with only small breaks is pretty good. I rode this mech on tier 6 planet and it actually felt fine. Perhaps small damage boost would be nice, but that's all.

Ainzoal likes this.
  9. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Sounds to me like you're using a severely outdated version of the mod because nothing you said is true. What you want is to make the mechs basically so OP you never have to use anything else. That's not going to happen.

jonathonspy likes this.
  10. mostlydave

mostlydave Void-Bound Voyager

I Pm'd you the file for the White version!

11. nesnotioin

nesnotioin Void-Bound Voyager

Wierd. I only have 2 controllers but i had on screen 3 mechs.

Attached Files:

• Bug.png
      Bug.png
      File size:
      2.2 MB
      Views:
  12. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

You must have fixed the controler while a mech was deployed

jonathonspy likes this.
  13. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Easy way to get rid of misspawned vehicles? BEAT IT THE HELL UP!

jonathonspy likes this.
  14. nesnotioin

nesnotioin Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah thats what i did.

15. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Yeah that's not a mod thing. You can do that with the hoverbikes too. It's a game thing. It's actually kind of handy if you think about it. You can fill up a garrage with mechs by doing that

jonathonspy likes this.
  16. TheCreeperCyborg

TheCreeperCyborg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hey is this mod finnished? are all the mechs ported? and more imorrtantly, wtf does the heavy mech chain gun thingy do

17. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Good job, but these doomsday device is too easy to get.

18. Demonskunk

Demonskunk Void-Bound Voyager

I can't use this mod on my server - when I try to install it, it tells me there's an asset mismatch, even thouygh I have the exact same files on both.
    Is it possible for you to make a .Pak version of this that's compatible with version 1.0 and later? I've noticed that the pak mods I have all work, and it's.. welrd.

I know it's going out of your way to do it, but that'd be pretty cool if you could do it for me c:

19. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Enable mismatched assets in your options.

jonathonspy likes this.
  20. Demonskunk

Demonskunk Void-Bound Voyager

How do you do that, and won't that cause problems?