1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition 1.16a

6 Excessively Destructive mechsuits - Cheerful Giraffe

1. jj200275

jj200275 Void-Bound Voyager

Is it just me, or are all the mechs ridiculously underpowered? They die from one hit from an enemy, and some of them don't even do damage. Is this a bug?

2. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

3. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

The mod works like a charm even from the Workshop. Thanks so much for getting it up there right away

4. Quithaniel

Quithaniel Void-Bound Voyager

I know this was asked of you or who ever originally worked on this mod, at least 2 years ago (or so), but I'm here to inquire again..

I should mention that I haven't played for about a year, and I'm not sure if you've already implemented this trivial aspect into your mod yet, but could we please work towards resting our mechs? e.g When we get out, they don't just open the cockpit and power down and disappear, instead you can actually park them? As that'd look wicked sick in a modded space ship or something.

Cheers in advance.

Edit: I may have exaggerated when this mod was released

5. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Uhhh that's already done. The Mechs stay on the field until you use the controler to pokeball suck them back in

jonathonspy likes this.
  6. JleXa

JleXa Void-Bound Voyager

Fix Pirated rho meh Plz.
    Since it is impossible to shoot, the return is too high, it is impossible to accurately shoot[​IMG]

7. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Uh that's not a bug. Without that the mech would be way too op. You just compensate for the recoil

jonathonspy likes this.
  8. jj200275

jj200275 Void-Bound Voyager

Is it possible to make the damage of the mechs scale with armor?

9. Quithaniel

Quithaniel Void-Bound Voyager

Sweeeeeeetttttt!

Edit: Can you park multiple mechs?

10. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Yes you can

jonathonspy likes this.
  11. Four Dyce

Four Dyce Void-Bound Voyager

----------deleted, nvm got it working.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  12. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

would there ever be any plans for more mechs?

13. DerwandelndeTod

DerwandelndeTod Void-Bound Voyager

I'd love if the animations were a bit slower, because currently they look like the mechs are tiptoeing across a room like in some 70's cartoon

14. warbrand2

warbrand2 Subatomic Cosmonaut

posting an idea here that I posted on steam forums, after realizing that steam forums is unlikely to be the best location to post a concept for something.

copy paste from http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/729428991/353915953249682013/

I love this mod, though I rarely use the larger mechs as well they are pretty much usless outside of exterior exploration and killing. yeah you can use them for some of the boss fights, but they are more of a chore. that and if I lose the railgun mech to another small bird I am going to scream....[screaming noices]

intro aside can we have some more small "power armor" type mechs like the lower two?

bellow are some suggestions.

excavator xr-01
    info: based of the sigma mech, the excavator is small light and cheap. having less armor and weapons capabilities the any other mech. That said it is not a fighter instead it is a miner.

equipment
    primary: laser drill
    info: a short range drill that hits a 10x2 (ten long 2 wide) area mining out all rocks, warning is blocked by liquids.
    damage: 1 per hit, 10 hits per second (does not increase)

secondary: vacuum pack
    info: holding secondary vacuums any material into the mechs storage compartment on its back. this storage compartment has a 8x4 grid for storage and is located on the rear top of the mech.

other
    excavation jets: do to the excavator having less armor and almost no drain from a weapons system its jump jets last almost indefinably, though they are still slow on the movement.

s-13 raven
    info: a sleek streamlined version of the so sigma mechs, the raven is built for fast on land movement, do to this it has light armor and even lighter weapons.

features
    sprinter jets: the raven's jump jets are aimed at the back, this means that while jumping you can rocket forward.
    reverse jointed legs, designed for fast movement they can go faster then any other movement type in the game... except the hover bikes.

weapon
    primary: LMG
    info: a light machine gun with a forward down aim. does moderate damage can't aim up

secondary: missile swarm
    info: fires a swarm of missiles forward or up, has a long cool down.

::EDIT::
    Just realized I forgot to post one of my three concepts.

ht-05
    info: commissioned by the apex rebels the ht-05 is a ball of heavy weapons in a small package. though it is so overloaded with gear that they had to replace the standard legs with a set of treads. said treads have a minor mobility problem where they can only go up 3 block high areas at max.

features:
    2 seats in a small form: passenger seat is exposed above, but has access to the biggest gun, can be crewed by other players or crew member npc's(if possible)
    heavy tread base: it can not jump, but it has more health then some of the bigger mechs. it is also limited in movement as it is meant for forward assaults in war.

WEAPONS

driver
    primary: quad cannon
    info: the dual miniguns have been replaced with plasma flak guns, that fire explosive ordnance at their targets, this means a reduced fire rate, but a massive damage bump, though it comes at a cost, in the fact that you can only fire 20 round bursts before heat build up causes it to force cooldown. (energy based)

secondary: energy lance
    info: mounted to the tread base is two sets of energy lances designed for impact hits, these lances are also capable of leveling terrain allowing the ht-05 to move unhindered though low hills.

gunner
    primary: 40mm long cannon
    info: a large tank like cannon, mounted to the left side of the gun, slow to fire but deals heavy damage. like the chest grenade launchers on another one of the mechs explosives leave pools of fire.
    note: only has a 20 degree cone of aim.

secondary: point defense gun
    info: a small LMG is mounted to the front center of the turret, acts like a low grade spray and prey machine gun, has a 45 degree aim area.
    note: not used by AI crew.

side suggestion
    apex rebels have mechs. would be a minor building add to their bases to have disabled sigma class (small), mechs. these mechs would be background items. along with them, would suggest some apex rebels having standard sigma mechs that they are using.

suggested layout.
    mech bay: small bunker has barbed wire all over the top, inside is 1 damaged background sigma mech or either s-01, s-07, or ht-05 types. said mech can not be used by the player and is just a background item. area would have a few science parts 2 minidrone intel racks, and a few crates which may contain repair chips.
    sub version: rarely one may spawn with a working mech being used by an apex soldier.

LoPhatKao likes this.
  15. mostlydave

mostlydave Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, posted a comment on steam, but I figured this was a better place to ask: I did a recolor of the Ronin Ro in White to match the Avali race and ships, would you be interested in adding it to the pack and making the color a separate purchase option?

[​IMG]

LoPhatKao likes this.
  16. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

LoPhatKao updated XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition with a new update entry:

Controller Fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tyler Tenebrae and Ainzoal like this.
  17. wowywot

wowywot Big Damn Hero

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you. I was waiting for this mod to be updated. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you.

18. AliasAA

AliasAA Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for this mod LoPhatKao, it's one of my favorites. I have a request though. If possible, could you please make the player character's armor stay on when they enter the mechs? I kind of liked seeing my character's helmet through the mech canopy in the earlier versions of this mod. But if you can't then its ok since it is just a small preference.

19. korda

korda Pangalactic Porcupine

Is Theta supposed to do 1000 damage with grenades? It feels almost pointless to use it right now, because it kills any challenge.

20. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

nice .. saw the post on steam but .. steam is awful o.o
    would love to add that in

id actually like some colors for every mech, so in future mechs can be different colors ;) (like hoverbike paintjobs)
    if i could find a way to read player colors and use those to paint mech, would be even cooler - every mech would have custom paintjob :D

XS
    Excess
    Excessively Destructive :D
    i actually nerfed mechs a hell of a lot .. they used to do about 10x more damge than they do now

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016